Holiday and Party
Salads & Dressings
Soup & Stew
Starters & Snacks
- ABC Taters Premium Recipe This recipe was designed for all of the awesome PD Kids. Let’s have some fun in the kitchen spelling out names, and creating heart and car-shaped potatoes to dip into Killer Ketchup and devour. These are easy to make, and we’ve eliminated the additives, oil and expense of store-bought frozen taters.
- Gluten Free Apple Pie Premium Recipe This beautiful dessert is breakfast in camouflage. Leave it to me to come up with a pie you can eat for breakfast!
- Applesauce Premium Recipe Unsweetened applesauce is used to replace oil in many Protective Diet baked goods. It takes less than a minute to whip up as little as a half cup of applesauce when you need it. In the fall when fresh apples are in abundance use them to make several cups for the kids’ sugar-free, all-natural, after school snack.
- Artisanal Garlic Onion Herb Bread Premium Recipe There is only one thing better than the smell of bread baking and that is the smell of bread baking that is packed with fresh garlic and herbs. This bread is beautiful, delicious, hearty clean eating. Free of additives, sugar, and fat found in traditional processed breads.
- Asian Style Kale Recipe & Cooking Video Kale lowers blood pressure, improves blood flow, shortens muscle recovery time, and reduces our risk of disease. The only problem with this miracle-leafy-green-answer to-optimal-health is that most people lock their lips at the thought of eating it. If you are steaming kale and struggling just getting it down the hatch, I have a resolution. This quick and easy recipe will put kale or any dark leafy green on the most requested list. On a Protective Diet we should be enjoying every meal we eat. I found a way to take boring steamed kale from blah to bam! It’s a perfect way to enjoy greens as a flavor-filled main dish served atop brown rice with a side of Healthy Hottie Sauce.
- Baked Apples Recipe I call this recipe ‘cheater apple pie’. It’s fast, easy to prepare, and fills your house with the glorious smell of baked apples and cinnamon. It’s a perfect after school fall snack or morning oatmeal topper. I prep this recipe in under 10 minutes and allow it to bake it while I’m in the shower. Be sure to bake two pans; leftovers are excellent packed in lunches or served cold the next day.
- Baked Potato Wedges Recipe These are one of my favorite snack foods. I bake a few trays at dinner time and enjoy the leftovers packed in my lunch along with a salad and a dipping sauce or mustard. These are a perfect commuter food to tide anyone over. These wedges have assisted many people to drive right past their favorite fast food stop or waltz confidently past the fresh popcorn stand at the train station. They make a perfect replacement for energy bars pre- or post-workout. Tuck a few in your gym bag, in your purse or pocket and you will be prepared. These wedges, loaded with vitamin C, potassium and fiber, will satisfy you during detox and give your body clean fuel to sustain a long day at work or play.
- Baked Tortilla Chips Recipe These crispy and oh-so-satisfying chips will change your life, or at least your waistline. They will save you hundreds of empty fat calories and promote health with the whole grain of corn. These are the perfect introduction to Protective Diet oil-free starch-based snacking and they are kid approved.
- Baked Ziti Recipe Kids love this crowd-pleasing pasta bake and so will the chef. It’s authentic in taste and looks just like the real deal. Get ahead of meal time on busy days and prepare this family style dinner a day or two in advance. All you’ll have left to do is pop it in the oven, bake and serve.
- Balsamic Roasted Veggie Salad Premium Recipe I always adored meal sized salads in restaurants. Then I found out some of these salads had just as much fat and sugar in them as a burger and a milkshake. I cut out the cheese, bacon, chicken, crispy croutons, oily grilled veggies and the fat filled vinaigrette. My favorite restaurant salads went from exciting to a boring plate of greens with a lemon wedge. When my student Andy requested a Protective Diet makeover for his favorite takeout lunch salad, I was all over it. He described this delicious salad with Mexican flair and I was excited to recreate the healthiest version for him. This salad is a complete meal loaded with grilled south of the border flavors.
- Banana Cream Pie Bites Premium Recipe These little Banana Cream Pie Bites are a perfect breakfast on the go or after school snack. Kids will love to help assemble them with my fast and efficient prep technique. Top a Frosty or a PD Ice Cream sundae with these naturally super sweet and crispy gluten-free golden nuggets.
- Banana Health Bread Premium Recipe Wake your family up to the smell of this simple to bake banana health bread. It is free of all the fat and half the calories of the traditional version. Feel free to eat a hearty serving for breakfast or pack a slice in your lunch for a late afternoon snack at the office.
- BBQ Baked Beans These BBQ beans have the old fashioned sweet and tangy flavor of a slow cooked summertime favorite. This recipe makes approximately 8 cups (or 2 quarts) to fill a slow cooker. You may wish to cut this recipe in half if you're not serving it at a party.
- BBQ Burgers Premium Recipe Fantastic and easy to assemble, realistic looking and grillable fat free veggie burgers have been designed especially for the dietary and environmentally conscious, animal respecting PD-Ed students of the world. These hearty burgers are full of flavor, have a great texture and are challenging not to eat raw; I never seem to end up with a full half dozen. Both grilling and oven baking directions are included for year-round burger enjoyment. Make an extra batch and stock them up in your freezer.
- BBQ “Chicken” Pizza Premium Recipe Protective Diet has given California Pizza Kitchen’s most popular pie a low-fat and sugar-free plant-based makeover. This recipe is spot on with perfect sauce, hand-tossed style crust and all the toppings. Grill this crowd-pleasing pizza outdoors or bake it fresh in the oven. All Protective Diet recipes are loaded with health-promoting and waistband-slimming ingredients that offer protection to our health, the environment and all of the planet’s precious creatures.
- BBQ Chick’N Breast Premium Recipe Protective Diet BBQ Chick'n Breast satisfies my love of grilling outside along with my desire for tender sweet and spicy BBQ. This surprisingly simple and innovative recipe is perfect to enjoy served alongside summer fresh Grilled Corn and Creamy Mustard and Herb Potato Salad. Layer it on a PD Soft Burger Bun with all the toppings to pack up for an amusement park tailgate, or start chopping and slice it to create a BBQ Chick'n Ranch Salad.
- BBQ Riblets Premium Recipe These tasty and tender faux BBQ ribs can be served up year-round, prepared indoors or out. Drive your neighborhood wild with the smell of this sweet & spicy sauce grilling or bake them up during a snow storm for a good old winter time BBQ.
- BBQ Taters Premium Recipe Enjoy these flavorful BBQ Taters year-round, inside or out. Prep these taters, toss them on the grill, and have the smell of Sweet and Spicy BBQ filling your neighborhood tonight. No grill? Follow the easy baking directions to fill your home with the sweet smell of summertime BBQ any time of the year.
- BBQ Tofu Kebabs Premium Recipe The smell of these easy to assemble summertime meals on a stick will leave your neighbors wondering if you have fallen off the healthy wagon and are grilling up something totally off plan. Toss these on the grill and those neighbors will be looking over the fence wondering what you are having tonight. This recipe uses a technique to change the texture of tofu into one even kids will love.
- Beef-less Taco Filling Premium Recipe This hearty taco filling tastes like you used a store bought seasoning packet, but it’s free of MSG, additives and sugar. Let your pressure cooker or slow cooker do the work, while you chop a few toppings, blend some salsa and warm up corn tortillas for an easy week night taco party.
- Better Than Bacon Premium Recipe I’ve heard many say they are vegan, except for bacon. I just can’t seem to get my mind around watching people eat animal fat without fearing for their lives. Didn’t they get the memo? Bacon producers have confused the consumer into thinking bacon is healthy to eat if it is organic and nitrate-free. This is a huge distraction from the fact it increases the risk of premature death of humans. Adolescents are challenged with the beginning stages of heart disease and the loss of their parents prematurely due to the consumption of saturated fat and cholesterol. Despite this, bacon has risen in popularity amongst foodies, chefs and tops just about every dish at restaurants. Premature death from heart attacks happens once every forty seconds. I would like to intervene and reduce risk of death due to poor food choices with Protective Diet’s version of Better than Bacon. It has the smoked, apple, salty flavor without the risk of sudden death. Growing up I adored a very processed style of bacon called Sizzle Lean. I layered it with mayo, garden fresh tomatoes, leaf lettuce and warm toast. I’m thrilled to have created this simple and totally delicious recipe to satisfy my memories for comfort food favorites like bacon. Every week a Protective Diet becomes more sustainable with the addition of recipes to keep you on track while achieving and maintaining optimal health.
- Chocolate Bird Seed Premium Recipe Don’t be fooled by the name, this stuff isn’t for the birds! It’s a dark chocolaty, crunchy, munchy, whole grain, sugar free, high fiber snack. A bowl of this topped with plant based milk, makes a perfect breakfast for chocolate lovers. Top off your next ice “cream” sundae or Frosty with a sprinkle of this delightful creation.
- Pizza Bird Seed Premium Recipe A crunchy, munchy, pizza flavored, whole grain snack kids love. It is fat free, additive free, low calorie and packed with fiber and nutrients. Take it to the beach, movies, games, practice or pack it in a lunch box. This is a tasty, easy and inexpensive answer to healthy snackin’ on a Protective Diet.
- Spicy Bird Seed Premium Recipe A crunchy munchy spicy whole grain snack that is nutritious, fat free, additive free, low calorie and packed with fiber. Super tasty, easy and inexpensive to make. Keep a jar in your car, desk drawer, gym bag and pantry. This is your answer to snackin’ on a Protective Diet.
- Black Bean and Corn Summer Salad Recipe This fresh and colorful salad holds up beautifully for several days in the refrigerator. Scoop it up with Baked Tortilla Chips for a quick snack or pack it up for a road trip, camp out, or tailgate. Black Bean and Corn Summer Salad is a quick and easy starch based recipe to add flavor, color and energy to a burrito bowl. It makes lunch packing easy and delicious on a Protective Diet. This is a crowd pleasing recipe for potlucks and picnics.
- Black Bean Chili Premium Recipe This budget and time-saving recipe made with dried black beans is easy to toss together. Prepare it slow cooker-style without your supervision, or enjoy the pressure cooker option which will have this filling chili ready for serving in under an hour. This chili is hearty, thick and filled with flavors of the southwest. It is complete with options to keep it flavorful and mild or spicy and exciting.
- Bloomin Blossom Premium Recipe This classic fried pub appetizer has the reputation of being the most fattening item on the menu. The Protective Diet version offers a light low calorie starter or main dish with all the fun and flavor of the original. This is an onion kids can’t resist. It’s a perfect super bowl party recipe or game night favorite. This one won’t leave you with greasy fingers or tight pants.
- Blueberry Breakfast Muffins Recipe Blueberry Breakfast Muffins are loaded with fresh blueberries and have a soft cake-like texture. They freeze and defrost beautifully, making them a perfect bake ahead grab and go breakfast option. Eliminating sugar, eggs and oil from your diet will result in outstanding physical side effects. Get started today for a healthier tomorrow with Protective Diet Blueberry Breakfast Muffins.
- Gluten Free Blueberry Pie Premium Recipe This pie is fast and easy to prepare year round with frozen blueberries. Patience is required when waiting for it to cool before cutting in and indulging. Indulging? This pie only looks and tastes indulgent. Loaded with antioxidants, fiber and free of all the fat and sugar of traditional pie.
- Bolognese Sauce Premium Recipe This is the best oil-free "meat" sauce I've ever tasted. Bolognese sauce is a thick sauce with a greater proportion of meat to sauce layered with wine, stock and a small proportion of tomato sauce. This thick ragu originated in Bologna, Italy. I'm bringing the traditional flavors and textures of this complex sauce to your kitchen with the ease of preparation Protective Diet recipes provide. Put this plant-based recipe on the top of your list to prepare and serve over whole grain pasta or layer into Protective Diet Homemade Lasagna.
- Breaded Artichokes Premium Recipe Artichokes top the chart for protection in the form of high antioxidant value. My goal was to create an easy, quick prep, and flavorful way to get this fun to eat super food on your table. I know I've achieved it with this gluten free oven baked recipe. Watch the preparation technique video and apply my shortcuts to make artichokes your easy prep favorite this spring, summer and fall.
- Breaded Mushrooms Recipe Crispy and fried looking Protective Diet Breaded Mushrooms are perfect served alongside Breaded Zucchini Sticks and a side of Creamy Ranch. The crispy coating wins over fried food junkies every time. This recipe is surprisingly simple and fun to prepare; complete with a delicious gluten free option.
- Breakfast Brownies Premium Recipe Yes, you heard it right! These are brownies you can enjoy for breakfast! Why wait? Get your chocolate fix first thing in the morning. These brownies will have you up and out of bed in a flash. Go ahead and have three. At just 88 calories each you will NEED to have three for breakfast. These tender and rich chocolate squares will have you thinking you are in OZ, but you are not Dorothy, you didn’t bump your head and this is not a dream. You are just living the healthy and delicious lifestyle of a Protective Diet.
- Breakfast “Sausage” Patties Premium Recipe I grew up eating spicy breakfast sausage with apple sauce and Potato Pancakes. Now I can have all the flavors of Mom’s home cooked hearty breakfast while I stay on the fast track to optimal health.
- Broccoli in Garlic Sauce Premium Recipe This recipe is one of my favorite weekly quick and easy, flavorful and satisfying go-to recipes. It uses Protective Diet pantry staples and only requires one fresh ingredient that you can even replace with frozen veggies. The star is the shiny dark brown gravy infused with delicious garlic and ginger. This recipe will give you many options and variations to keep you happily enjoying an abundant amount of protective vegetables.
- Broiled Veggies Premium Recipe Growing up in Chicago, our outdoor grilling weather was limited to a third of the year. Those winters were long, so we used the next best thing, our oven broiler. I look at my broiler as an upside down grill. The only difference is the heat is coming from the top instead of the bottom. I love it and have enjoyed indoor BBQ deliciousness my whole life. This recipe will open your eyes up to what an awesome tool an oven broiler is, especially when it’s a cold day in January and you’re in the mood for summertime BBQ. Start off with some delicious grilled veggies. Use them to top a salad or dress up a creamy dish of Fat Free Fredo. This technique is fast, easy and so rewarding.
- Bruschetta Premium Recipe Enjoy the summer’s bounty of garden-ripe tomatoes with a fresh Italian twist. This topping is free of body-fat-promoting olive oil and cheese toppers of the traditional version. Loaded with bright flavors of fresh herbs and savory garlic, this bruschetta is full of color and deliciously satisfying, especially when served atop PD Soft Burger Buns.
- Buffalo Cauliflower Premium Recipe Serve up the protection of this cruciferous powerhouse in spicy junk food camouflage. Buffalo Cauliflower is easily prepared in less than ten minutes and bakes allowing just enough time to blend up a batch of delicious, dairy-free Creamy Ranch Dressing for dipping.
- Buffalo Notzzarella Cheeze Premium Recipe Protective Diet has created an oil and nut- free, nondairy MELTABLE Cheeze! Notzzarella is perfect for pizza, adding to pasta dishes, topping lasagna, melting into quesadillas, or completing a “tuna” melt. This recipe is a major game changer for all who are practicing an oil and nut-free plant-based Protective Diet.
- Buffalo Potato Wedges Premium Recipe At last pub style food that promotes health, fulfills spicy finger food fantasies and makes you question am I really on a diet? These can be made mild or extra spicy to satisfy everyone watching the football game.
- Burger Buns Premium Recipe I’ve created perfectly soft and completely whole grain sandwich buns that taste great, are easy to make and are super inexpensive compared to the frozen health food store cardboard hockey puck versions. I’ve created a simple way to keep my buns soft without adding white refined flour, isolated gluten, eggs, or oil. These beautiful 4 ounce buns are perfection at only 210 calories each and made with all whole plant-based ingredients.
- Mini Burger Buns Premium Recipe I’ve created perfectly soft and completely whole grain sandwich buns that taste great, are easy to make and are super inexpensive compared to the frozen health food store cardboard hockey puck versions. I’ve created a simple way to keep my buns soft without adding white refined flour, isolated gluten, eggs, or oil. These beautiful 2 ounce buns are perfection at only 105 calories each and made with all whole plant-based ingredients.
- Butter & Herb Noodles Premium Recipe Kids and adults love these simple, quick and delicious noodles complete with the nutrition of whole grains and herbs. This recipe is more convenient than noodle packets, due to the no-cook sauce. You will save money and time with this go-to recipe made of Protective Diet pantry staples, while eliminating chemical food additives and fat out of your diet. This is a perfect meal when you’re hungry, short on time, the fridge is bare and cash is tight.
- Butter Sauce Premium Recipe Stir up this quick and tasty no-cook sauce that makes a hot potato sing. Dress up those boring naked green beans with a toss in Butter Sauce. Kids will enjoy the addition of this condiment to turn frozen peas with a side of rice into an enjoyable complete meal. The ease and simplicity of this sauce will assist in achieving your health goals while practicing a Protective Diet.
- Cabbage Soup Premium Recipe This is a bacon-free and dairy-free remake of my father's family-famous cabbage soup. The smell of it simmering evokes delicious cool-weather memories of my childhood. The exciting and rare times my dad put down the hammer and picked up a whisk were so memorable. I adored watching him cook and take over the kitchen. My mother was a permanent fixture behind the stove, so to see him in her place was odd and lots of fun. I hope our PD dads can use this soup recipe to carry on the tradition of making a fun family memory of dad cooking in the kitchen.
- Cacao Breakfast Muffins Recipe Help yourself to a few of these rich, dark chocolaty muffins as a perfectly healthy choice for breakfast or to satisfy your cravings during the Protective Diet 30 Day Whole Food Detox and Taste Bud Reprogram. Take note these are low-calorie muffins made of whole grain, health promoting ingredients. Don’t let guilt creep up on you as these only look off plan. Enjoy them and be thrilled you are on the fast track to optimal health. Help yourself to a few of these rich chocolaty muffins as a healthy choice. They will satisfy your desire for chocolate without the oil and sugar to weigh you down.
- Caesar Salad Recipe Caesar Salad is known for being the most fattening item on a restaurant menu. This slimmed down version only adds to your health with its nutrient dense low calorie dressing. It's loaded with creamy rich flavor and none of the fat. Did you know this famous salad was invented and served tableside in Tijuana, Mexico? Growing up in the 70s and watching Julia Child, I just assumed this salad was French. With a little investigating, I found the original version was created by Italian-American restaurateur Caesar Cardini 1924 in Tijuana, Mexico. Cardini owned a restaurant in the tourist destination to "attract Americans frustrated by Prohibition." The story of the salad’s creation is that over Fourth of July weekend, Cardini threw together a bunch of ingredients he had on hand and served his concoction to his friends. Needless to say, the improvised dish caught on.
- Cauliflurkey Premium Recipe This is a perfectly kind, health-promoting and delicious centerpiece for your holiday spread. Play it up with a couple paper frill booties and give thanks for the healthy dinner you are about to enjoy.
- Cheeze Fries Premium Recipe These taste and look just like the delicious cheesy fries I grew up on, minus the fat and oil. I serve them complete with a red plastic basket lined with parchment paper. They are exactly how I remember them from my childhood.
- Cheezy Scalloped Potatoes Recipe & Cooking Video The way to a man’s heart is with potatoes. These creamy, cheezy potatoes will leave any man begging for seconds. I shared a pan of these at a potluck and they were a huge hit. All the gentlemen were following me around asking if I was sure their wives had the recipe. This hearty potato casserole is a family-style winner for dinner.
- Cherry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Premium Recipe Growing up, this was one of my favorite ice cream flavors. Protective Diet gave this familiar favorite a sugar and dairy-free makeover. Offer it to your kids every night knowing it is promoting their health and satisfying the exciting ritual of frozen summertime treats.
- Gluten Free Cherry Pie Premium Recipe This cherry pie is free of sugar, fat and regret. This easy recipe is great any time of year using frozen pitted cherries. Go ahead and bake one up for breakfast, this is how we do it Protective Diet style.
- Chia Seed Black Bean Burgers Recipe This recipe produces six thick, hearty and flavorful burgers. The chia seeds make them firm and hold them together. These trump store bought veggie burgers by eliminating oils, eggs and chemical food additives. Chia Seed Bean Burgers are so delicious it's hard to resist eating them raw when forming the patties.
- Chia Seed Jam Recipe Think ahead and stir up a batch of deliciously healthy chia seed jam before tucking in at night. Enjoy dressing up your morning oats with a couple spoonfuls or naturally sweeten up a tray of Oven-Baked Pancakes. This sugar-free condiment is a great addition to any Protective Diet breakfast.
- Chicken-Less Noodle Soup Premium Recipe How about a nice big pot of the most comforting soup known to man? This stove top or pressure cooker version will get you well soon and keep you well. The homemade aroma of this easy one pot soup will fill your home and comfort you with every spoon full. This recipe might have you playing sick tomorrow, so you can stay home and simmer up a pot of delicious comfort.
- Chickenless Nuggets Premium Recipe Improve your child’s diet, whip up 20 organic nuggets without the fat and chemical food additives at half the cost of packaged chicken or veggie nuggets. Stock up your freezer and be prepared with this nutrient dense fast meal fix. These aren’t just for kids, I enjoy them served with Ranch dressing and hot sauce.
- Chickpea Cucumber Salad Recipe This Middle Eastern inspired salad stays fresh in the refrigerator and makes healthy lunch packing fast and easy. Top mixed baby greens or chopped romaine to pack up a fresh, colorful and inexpensive meal to go
- Chili Cheeze Fries Premium Recipe Are chili cheesy fries your weakness? On a Protective Diet they will be your strength! These are yummy messy fries made to eat with a fork. It’s hard to believe these are good for us. They will keep you happy and satisfied while you easily reach and maintain your ideal body weight.
- Chinese Take In Recipe This aromatic, brown gravy stir fry is traditionally seasoned with garlic and ginger. After experiencing this health-promoting oil-, sugar- and MSG-free remake, you’ll never suffer the effects of ordering take-out again. Chinese food has a reputation of never filling you up and leaving you hungry again, craving more after an hour or two. The reason is not because it’s light or low calories. It is typically loaded with food additives that cause food cravings and shut off the satiation signal to the brain. Enjoy this flavorful, clean version and you will have total control over its ingredients and your meal satisfaction.
- Chipotle Mayo Recipe Spicy creamy and perfect to layer on a bean burger, dip a potato wedge in or to top a taco. This Mayo is free of fat and full of spicy flavor.
- Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding Recipe This rich dark chocolate pudding will satisfy any chocolate lover’s craving. It hits the spot and it’s healthy enough for breakfast. Blend a batch up tonight and you’ll be loving breakfast tomorrow. Ease your way through sugar detox with a creamy pudding treat that serves a nourishing purpose on a Protective Diet.
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cake Premium Recipe The celebration of your birthday is complete on a Protective Diet with this rich dark chocolate cake layered with cherry filling. The entire cake has the same caloric value as one slice of chocolate cake at a restaurant. Whether it’s time to celebrate a birthday or just your healthy Protective Diet lifestyle this cake is perfect for the occasion.
- Chocolate Truffles Premium Recipe Chocolate fantasies have come true with a rich and creamy dark chocolate truffle that weighs in at 18 calories and 1 gram of fiber. Protective Diet has done it again! It’s easy to stay on plan when you can enjoy multiple truffle treats every day, while achieving your weight loss goals and eliminating food cravings.
- Chorizo Tacos Premium Recipe In Mexico, tacos are spicy and simple. Fresh corn tortillas layered with meat, onions, fresh cilantro and a squeeze of lime. On a Protective Diet, you will be transported to many cultures, Mexico being one that is close to my now thankful healthy heart. Chorizo is a very spicy sausage that is often removed from the casing and crumbled. This version is free of pork, saturated fat, and the cholesterol of the original. Serve up traditional Mexican flavor in street food fashion with Protective Diet Chorizo Tacos.
- Christmas Pudding Premium Recipe Skip the cookies and treat Santa to a creamy, spiced protective pudding this holiday season. Give Santa’s sweet, loving, spirited heart a break from the saturated fat-filled treats and send him on his sleigh, filled with healing plant-based energy. Take pride knowing you served him what he needed to complete his duties answering all the good children’s wishes. Santa and his reindeer will finish deliveries and arrive home to the North Pole for a joyous, restful day with Mrs. Claus and all the elves.
- Cilantro Chili Lime Dressing Recipe Toasted chile de arbol offers this dressing a warm spicy flavor with the fresh finish of cilantro and lime. Oil-free and naturally thickened with the fiber of an orange, this dressing is one to pour on heavily to increase the antioxidant value of your salad with the bonus of exciting flavor.
- Classic Balsamic Vinaigrette Premium Recipe Oil-free full-bodied salad dressings are my specialty. An incredible dressing can transform tender leafy greens into something to look forward to. This has all the classic flavor of a delicious balsamic vinaigrette. It shakes up, pours on and dresses veggies just like an olive oil based dressing. The full batch contains less caloric value than just one tablespoons of a store bought balsamic vinaigrette. Feel free to pour it on and enjoy eating your way to a slimmer healthier you.
- Classic Cranberry Sauce Premium Recipe This season I am thankful for my health and freedom from sugar addiction. My holiday meals are perfection with sugar-free cranberry relish served with Holiday Loaf, Stuff Yourself Stuffing, Green Bean Casserole and Smashed Potatoes. Celebrate any day of the year with a Protective Diet Thanksgiving feast.
- Classic Cucumber Salad Premium Recipe This salad is simple, sweet and refreshing. It is my favorite way to enjoy summer’s bounty of garden fresh cucumbers. The sweet dressing is made without sugar or oil and amounts to zero calories. Serve this at the next potluck or backyard BBQ, or take it on a picnic. After tasting this salad, your friends will quickly understand how you’ve been successfully enjoying a Protective Diet.
- Coleslaw Recipe This tangy coleslaw goes perfectly with a Chia Seed Bean Burger, or top a Jacked Up Pulled Pork Sandwich with this crunchy addition.
- Confetti Kale Salad Recipe When we chew dark leafy greens we produce nitric oxide. This promotes our endothelium, the foundation of our immune system. Nitric oxide is a powerful vasodilator and improves our blood flow naturally. Both cooked and raw kale will improve blood flow. This simple raw salad option will help you slip in these powerful green leafy nitric oxide promoters.
- Perfectly Cooked Brown Rice Premium Recipe At last you are going to learn to cook brown rice perfectly. Forget those over priced and over cooked anti-environmental plastic boil in the bags; toss out the horrible directions on the boxes. Follow my simple stove top directions or pressure cooking instructions and perfectly cooked brown rice will be a staple on your table.
- Cornbread Premium Recipe This cornbread recipe has savory & mild or spicy & exciting variations to choose from. Mix up a warm and hearty golden pie of whole grain Corn Bread in less than ten minutes. This moist and hearty bread complements Protective Diet soup, salad and chili.
- Cornbread Dressing Premium Recipe Savory Cornbread Dressing will warm up your holiday table with Southern tradition. Serve with Protective Diet Mushroom Gravy, Holiday Loaf, Classic Cranberry Sauce, Onion & Herb Smashed Potatoes, Creamed Corn, Green Bean Casserole and Creamed Kale for a traditional plant-based holiday feast your family will look forward to year after healthy year.
- Crabby Cakes Recipe Try these special little delicacies with an oil free plant-based makeover. These cakes are fun to make and, along with their creamy dipping sauce, are free of cholesterol and fat. Crabby Cakes are loaded with the same texture and taste of the original without the expense or impact on our over-fished seas.
- Cranberry Clementine Sauce Recipe I must have cranberry sauce to go with Mushroom Gravy and Stuff Yourself Stuffing. Until I came up with this sugar-free version, I was at a loss. Thanksgiving dinner is finally complete. This sauce is not like your typical sugary canned cranberry sauce. It has a slightly tart flavor and it is nutrient dense. Add this to your holiday Protective Diet dinner and have health and traditional flavor to be thankful for this year.
- Cream of Broccoli Soup Premium Recipe This deceivingly indulgent, rich-tasting cream of broccoli soup is a perfect wintertime meal to keep you slim and slipping into your ski pants with room for extra layers. Enjoy the easy recipe with preparation options for the stove top or the pressure cooker. When spring arrives and asparagus is abundant, make an even swap for the broccoli and enjoy the season’s bounty.
- Cream of Celery Soup Premium Recipe This was one soup I loved straight from the can. The Protective Diet version has the delicious flavor and thick creamy texture without any of the additives, fat or dairy of the original. The creamy component in this recipe is grain free and will surprise many to find it is made with lentils. This soup is hearty and high in fiber, plant protein and useable energy.
- Cream of Chick’N Soup Premium Recipe A replacement for the soup classically served at banquet hall events and at home out of the can, this soup has the creamy texture and hearty flavor I’ve missed since going vegan. Enjoyment on a low fat oil-free plant-based Protective Diet has escalated to a new place of familiar delight with this recipe and new nutrient dense technique to create this classic creamy soup.
- Creamed Corn Premium Recipe As a child, this classic veggie side dish was a regular on my plate. Creamy, slightly sweet and savory, and topped with freshly ground pepper please! Protective Diet created a sugar- & additive-free version made with fresh or frozen corn that exceeds expectations of the familiar canned variety. Serve this delicious veggie side dish that kids and adults alike enjoy.
- Creamed Kale Premium Recipe Creamed Kale is a perfect way to encourage your friends and family to make room on their holiday plate for protective leafy greens served in a rich flavorful sauce. They will give thanks when they find out this creamy side dish is guilt free. This dish can take center stage on your weekday plate any time of the year using any leafy green of your choosing. Serve it over brown rice, whole grain pasta, or mashed potatoes and you'll be enjoying a quick and easy unforgettable hearty meal that will be added to your most requested list.
- Creamy Chocolate Frosting Premium Recipe Have you ever heard of frosting that will increase your fiber, iron and calcium intake and taste like chocolate heaven? Protective Diet has made guilt-free chocolate birthday wishes come true. It’s hard to believe this creamy whipped frosting is free of sugar and fat. Dip some strawberries in, spread it on toast and top with sliced banana, layer it on a Vanilla Cup Cake or frost up a pan of Breakfast Brownies. The entire batch of this frosting is only 548 nutrient dense calories compared to standard junk-filled jarred frosting at 1820 calories.
- Creamy Coleslaw Premium Recipe This is Protective Diet’s new and improved recipe for coleslaw. Creaminess with a little sweet zing makes it sure to please adults and children alike. Cabbage is a cruciferous vegetable and is known to defend our body against cancerous toxins such as dioxins. It is my goal to have the powerful defense of this affordable veggie on your plate more often with Protective Diet Creamy Coleslaw.
- Creamy Cucumber Salad Premium Recipe Many have enjoyed the original full-fat and dairy-rich version of this salad prepared by their Grandmothers. With modern-day science, research has shown that dairy promotes cancer cell growth and breaks down our endothelium; however, we still want to enjoy the taste and tradition of this creamy recipe. Thanks to Protective Diet we can have it all! Grandma is probably shaking her head and laughing at what I’ve come up with to celebrate the memory of her delicious fresh summertime salad.
- Creamy Italian Dressing Recipe Creamy Italian Dressing is rich with Parmigiano-Reggiano flavor without the fat, dairy and heavy price tag. This plant-based full-bodied dressing is a game changer when it comes to salad satisfaction.
- Creamy Lemon Herb Dipping Sauce Recipe Enjoy dipping Protective Diet's plant-based Crabby Cakes into this low calorie lemon-herb sauce
- Creamy Macaroni Salad Recipe Creamy Macaroni Salad is a summertime picnic favorite for many. I had to give it a Protective Diet makeover. This version eliminates the fatty mayo and dairy, but isn't missing the creaminess and flavor of the original. Your friends will never guess it is heart healthy and what you have been eating to slim down on a Protective Diet.
- Creamy Mustard & Herb Potato Salad Recipe This is a summertime party favorite for all. It has the creamy texture of traditional potato salad without the fat and heavy calories. Perfect to serve to everyone; just don't tell them it’s healthy. They will never suspect it, unless they know you made it. I have secretly snuck this dish onto the buffet at many parties, watching unsuspecting people devour second helpings. They were clueless that it was vegan, let alone oil-free and healthy. The best part is telling them later, but be prepared, because everyone will ask you for the recipe.
- Creamy Potato and Kale Soup Recipe & Cooking Video This soup is a winner with kids and adults alike. Creamy Potato and Kale Soup is satisfyingly rich, and will leave many wondering if it’s fattening. It’s a great way to slip in more greens without any complaints from picky eaters.
- Creamy Ranch Dressing Recipe This dairy free Creamy Ranch Dressing keeps getting creamier with every passing month of eating an oil free and nut free plant based diet. If you are initially coming off full fat dressings, this version may taste a bit flat, but after just two and a half weeks our fat receptors in our taste buds stop searching for fats. Over time they become receptive to the trace natural fats found in foods. This is when the magic happens and Protective Diet Creamy Ranch Dressing starts to taste just like the full fat original you knew and loved.
- Steak House Croutons Recipe Turn a simple salad into something awesome with crunchy guilt-free whole grain steak house style croutons. Make a double batch and keep these in an airtight container for fantastic salads all week long. Toss out the chemically seasoned oily packaged ones and eliminate food additives that leave you craving more and more. A salad with Steak House Croutons will leave you satisfied and achieving your goals on a Protective Diet.
- Crispy Herb Fries Premium Recipe These fries look and taste like junk food. Don’t be fooled; they are loaded with more cholesterol-lowering fiber than a serving of oatmeal, are rich in potassium and vitamin C. They fight off free radicals with antioxidant-rich herbs. You can enjoy Protective Diet fries daily while you eat your way to a slimmer healthier you.
- Crispy Kale Chips Recipe This is a crunchy way to get those protective greens in your diet. Bake them oil free and easily eliminate hundreds of empty fat calories. Crunch Crunch…Munch Munch…
- Cuban Black Bean Soup Premium Recipe This is a perfect go-to, one-pot, grain included, quick-prep recipe that only takes 15 minutes to toss together. Morning set-it-and-forget-it recipes make Protective Diet dinners easy and delicious using a slow cooker, or set the time delay on your electric pressure cooker. Take full advantage of this life changing time saving pressure-cooking feature. Set it to switch on as you are leaving the office, church or gym. Arrive home to a healthy, hot and hearty flavorful pot of Cuban Black Bean Soup tonight.
- Daily Dressing Premium Recipe This dressing is a remake of my all-time favorite restaurant dressing. It was a sweet & tangy onion balsamic served up at Graziano’s, full of sugar, oil and eggs. If you grew up with me you know this dressing, maybe not quite as well as I did. I bought it in big to go containers to enjoy on my salads all week. My friends told people I drank the stuff. When I went vegan the first thing my mother said was, "What about your dressing?" I have been trying to perfect it ever since and here it is, free of all the junk and loaded with the familiar flavors I can now enjoy daily.
- Detoxifying Red Lentil Salad Recipe I created this recipe for a friend who was always going to extremes with her diet. On the weekend she indulged in fine dining and wine pairings followed by dessert and after dinner drinks. By Monday her body screamed DETOX PLEASE. She would follow up her binge and bender with an extreme green juice only cleanse. She would make it through one day, finishing it off with a pizza. This back and forth abusive behavior followed with the impossible challenge of a liquid diet led me to create recipes for her to follow on my former recipe resource site called Plant Purity. It guided her and many through what I named the Whole Food Detox and Taste Bud Reprogram. Eating clean whole plant based foods helped her body recover, and since the meals were flavorful and satisfying, she stuck with it all week long. This salad holds up well in the refrigerator to make lunch packing fast and easy. Top mixed greens with this bright tasting nutrient dense salad. It is loaded with protein, vitamins and fiber. It will leave you feeling light and full of energy.
- Dill Dip Premium Recipe I grew up dipping into this creamy 70s style dip. My Auntie Cindy made it for every holiday and served it in a hollowed-out round loaf of deliciously fresh rye bread. This dip was loved by all the kids before dinner and guaranteed to spoil our appetites. We just couldn’t stop from dipping one more carrot, bell pepper or a cubed piece of fresh bread into this indulgent holiday starter. Serve up this healthy version for your family and friends, or enjoy it for dinner like I grew up doing during the holidays. One of the many benefits of a Protective Diet is that we can eat creamy dips, bread, and veggies and call it dinner on our path to optimal health while achieving our ideal body weight.
- Drop and Bake Biscuits Premium Recipe Growing up, my mother made Bisquick mix biscuits. I can remember how quick and easy they were to mix, drop and bake. We enjoyed them with her homemade soup or dipped in pot roast gravy. This whole grain Protective Diet version has quick mix and bake directions. Fresh hot Drop and Bake Biscuits will transition a simple bowl of soup in to a meal supported with satisfying whole grains. These biscuits take me back in time with a flavor and texture just like the ones I grew up with.
- Edamame Recipe I was first introduced to these little warm fuzzy pods in a Japanese restaurant. I fell in love with the ritual of the hot finger towel to wash up with before I began the ritual of enjoying these tender little green beans. Serve them up at your next party in place of salty high fat mixed nuts. Perfect to take to the ballgame in place of peanuts. Keep your fingers busy on your next road trip or at the movie theater. Kids enjoy opening up the pods and snacking on Nature’s perfect little oval beans.
- Eggplant Parm-a-non Recipe This flavorful version with crispy baked breading is so simple to prepare. The texture and taste is surprisingly better than traditional eggplant parm, without the empty calories of fat and oil. You’ll never go back to frying eggplant after making this recipe and experiencing the delicious flavors and ease of preparation.
- Enchilada Soup Premium Recipe This rich and hearty soup is filled with traditional Mexican enchilada ingredients. It has the simplicity and ease of a soup with the big flavors of dried toasted chilies. If you haven’t worked with dried chilies, I’m excited for you to experience the flavors they add to this soup.
- Fajitas Premium Recipe These are a remake of my favorite Tex-Mex restaurant’s Steak Fajitas. I enjoyed them topped with both sour cream and guacamole. Protective Diet has made it possible for me enjoy this familiar favorite, complete with the creamy toppings, without the risk of heart disease or tight pants.
- Falafel Premium Recipe If you’ve experienced the awesomeness of falafel, you must be excited to get your hands on this oil-free recipe and start planning your Middle Eastern feast. If you haven’t had the pleasure of enjoying one yet, I would like to describe what they are. They are basically the hushpuppy of the Middle East. Flavorful, deep fried nuggets packed with copious amounts of nutrition. When I was creating this recipe I watched as Middle Eastern men chopped herbs and soaked beans. I had been enjoying these fried nuggets for years and had no idea how ridiculously healthy the ingredients were. I cut the oil out and man-oh-man we have a nugget of protection. I was combining all the ingredients each one more powerful and protective than the next, and remarking I should eat a PD falafel every day.
- Fat Free Fredo Sauce Recipe & Cooking Video This rich, garlicky cream sauce has got it going on! It has been reviewed as restaurant quality. The best part is it’s simple to prepare and ready in less time than it takes to boil water for pasta. This is a perfect dish for your next fancy dinner party or served up family-style on a Monday night. Kids love it; mothers and fathers agree that Fat Free Fredo is fast, easy, and delicious.
- Faux Bacon Bits Premium Recipe Dress up a simple baked potato or top a bowl of PD Split Pea Soup with this delicious and nutritious bacon bit replacement. Try a chopped salad tossed with PD Creamy Ranch Dressing and add crunchy bits of “bacon”. Life is good; we’re achieving all of our health goals and enjoying the flavors of bacon without the negative impact on our health, the animals or the Earth.
- Faux BLT Recipe I gave my favorite summertime sandwich a major makeover. It has the smoky salty flavor of bacon, the creaminess of the mayo, and the freshness of a garden tomato.
- Filet-No-Fish Premium Recipe Slip this crispy coated, tender filet into a soft PD Burger Bun layered with PD Creamy Tartar Sauce. This is a home-run sandwich with delicious familiar flavors and awesome eye appeal. There’s no guilt in this un-fried fish-less patty filled with whole plant nutrients and gluten-free whole grains. Enjoy knowing you are reducing your risk of disease, as well as reducing the destruction of our planet from over-fished seas and dead sea floors due to fish farming.
- Fire Roasted Corn Premium Recipe This corn will add sweet roasted flavor to salad, soup, layered on Mexican Pizza, Beef-less tacos or Loaded Nachos. Do not be intimidated by this recipe. With my fast and easy roasting technique you will easily master Fire Roasted Corn like a pro. It is one of the easiest and most flavorful single ingredient recipes.
- Fire Sticks Premium Recipe When you think hot & spicy, does your mouth water or do your eyes weep with tears? If you can’t make it through another bland, boring, spiceless lunch, give these spicy carrot sticks a try. They are fun and easy to make and create lots of excitement in your mouth. These crunchy hot sticks will have you breaking a sweat and feeling fantastic from the endorphin rush that spicy foods provide. Bring a jar along on a picnic or the next BBQ you attend. They will add a little excitement to the party.
- Firm Notzzarella Cheeze Premium Recipe Protective Diet has created an oil and nut- free, nondairy shred-able and slice-able cheeze. Firm Notzzarella is perfect for pizza, adding to pasta dishes, topping lasagna, layering into quesadillas, or completing a “tuna” melt. This recipe is a major game changer for all who are practicing an oil and nut-free plant-based Protective Diet.
- Fish-Less Sticks Premium Recipe This is a quick prep comfort food favorite for both kids and adults alike. Crispy Protective Diet Fish-Less Sticks dipped in creamy dairy-free health promoting PD Tartar Sauce will have everyone cheering for more. I recommend doubling the batch, as you can never have enough for your little dippers. These are a perfect solution for packing exciting kids’ lunch boxes. They are naturally gluten-free and loaded with phyto-chemicals to defend and protect the body.
- Flower Water Premium Recipe This gorgeous, ruby red, zero-calorie beverage tops the charts with antioxidant power leaving green tea in the dust. Hydrating and freshly tart, this elixir will protect your immune system with the unmatched, powerful defense of flower power. This is the signature beverage on a Protective Diet and is what everyone is sipping on. Fill you gym water bottle or serve it at dinner in a wine glass. The beautiful color will have everyone asking you how to make Flower Water.
- Freezer Fries Premium Recipe Baked fries are great, but they are missing the convenience and texture of the pre-cut take & bake fries from my grocer’s freezer. As a longtime vegan, I miss standing in the freezer aisle trying to decide between crinkle cut or steak fries. I finally figured out the secret for perfect freezer fries minus the chemical food additives, oils and the expensive price tag. This recipe will have you hoarding potatoes, filling your freezer, saving time, money and slimming down while pleasing your kids Protective Diet Style.
- French Dressing Premium Recipe Sweet and tangy just like the original, but this one is free of sugar and oil that will cause you major setbacks in your health goals. Leave it to Protective Diet to create a replacement for the salad dressing kids favor most. Let them pour it on heavy, as it’s loaded with antioxidants, but shhh! Don’t tell them. Let them eat it up and be proud knowing you are power housing their immune system.
- French Onion Dip Premium Recipe This tastes just like the creamy tub of onion dip I grew up enjoying in the 80’s, but without all the cholesterol, saturated fat and additives. This healthy version will leave you with the same onion breath and taste you remember. We’ve come a long way since then, this dip will have you slipping into your jeggings instead of stretching out your stretch pants.
- Fresco Pizza Sauce Premium Recipe Fresh, light, and simply delicious best describes this classic Italian pizza sauce made up of three Protective Diet Pantry staples. Mix up a batch and keep half in your fridge to top Quick Bake Party Pizza and freeze the other half in a silicone muffin pan or ice cube try and defrost as needed for Grilled Mini Party Pizzas in weeks to come.
- Fresco Sauce Recipe and Cooking Video Unprocessed meets Protective Diet - Chef AJ and Julie Marie joined together in the Protective Diet Test Kitchen to create a nutrient-dense sauce that will brighten up a Green Burrito, freshly dress a leafy green salad, or give a simple rice bowl some zing. The clean flavors have an exciting finish with the optional addition of jalapeño. This sauce can be a sweet and spicy salsa for Baked Corn Tortilla Chips or it can stand alone as a fresh green gazpacho with the addition of diced cucumber.
- Fresh Tomato Salsa Recipe Fresh Tomato Salsa is a quick prep recipe using canned or boxed tomatoes. It’s perfect for the winter months when fresh tomatoes aren’t at their peak and fresh salsa is calling you. Four fresh ingredients, with just five minutes to prepare, and you will have salsa that blows away the overpriced shelved jarred versions.
- Frosty Recipe This chocolaty frozen whipped treat tastes like guilt in a glass, but in reality it’s a healthy dream come true. Start freezing your bananas today and enjoy a Frosty tomorrow.
- Frozen Yogurt Premium Recipe This fruity and fluffy frozen yogurt is a summertime dream come true. Weighing in at less than 100 calories per serving, this frozen yogurt will cool you off with its refreshing tart flavor and light airy texture. Frozen yogurt is sure to become a favorite way to enjoy your next batch of homemade yogurt.
- Fruit Jars Recipe These prepared and ready to carry sweet treats are great for breakfasts on the run, lunch boxes, road trips and afternoon snacks. They stay fresh for several days, which will have you prepping once and stocked up with fresh and ready to go snacks for a few days. It’s so nice to wake up in the morning to precut fruit ready to carry to work or school. They are perfect after school snacks, no mess and no fuss.
- Garden Gazpacho Recipe This classic fresh cold tomato soup with an oil-free makeover is perfection served for lunch on a hot summer day. It is bursting with garden fresh flavor and loaded with nutrient density.
- Garden Party Pasta Salad Recipe This salad is a bright delight of color and freshness. Always a hit at the party and always enough to go around. Your friends will want the recipe and you will amaze them with its simplicity. They will all be surprised to learn that you saved them hundreds of fat calories with the elimination of oil.
- Garlic and Herb Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe & Cooking Video This flavorful salad dressing has the body of oil-based vinaigrette due to the addition of chia seeds. It coats the veggies and doesn’t roll off like most oil-free dressings. This makes an excellent dressing for a green leafy salad or a pasta salad.
- Creamy Garlic Dressing and Dip Premium Recipe This is my new all time favorite dressing. I am fortunate my husband loves it too. I found through experimentation and testing that if you both eat garlic you will cancel out each other’s dragon breath. This works out well, because we are both topping everything with it. I have increased my salad and raw veggie consumption since creating this awesome dressing. At meal time I’m lead by the question, What can I put the Creamy Garlic on?
- Garlic Greens Recipe Here’s a recipe that is sure to have you enjoying more kale and leafy greens in your diet. Total simplicity and clean flavors make this a dish you can incorporate on the side or as a main course served with brown rice. Top it off with one of Protective Diet’s signature hot sauces and you’ll be enjoying greens daily. Chewing leafy greens promotes nitric oxide production to boost our immune system, lower blood pressure, improve blood flow, and shorten workout recovery time. Drinking greens is not an effective way to promote our endothelium. Stop blending them up just to get them down and give this flavorful, savory recipe a try.
- Garlic Lovers Bread Sticks Premium Recipe Enjoy soup, salad and fresh baked bread sticks Protective Diet Style. Perfectly soft whole grain garlic bread sticks that are easy to make and dip in PD Pizza Sauce, accompany PD Minestrone Soup or to enjoy with a big salad tossed with PD Zesty Italian Dressing. I’ve created a simple way to keep bread sticks soft without adding white refined flour, isolated gluten, eggs, or oil. Now your soup and salad will feel like a complete meal with these warm sticks of garlic bread greatness.
- Garlic Dill Pickles Recipe Are you a pickle lover? Protective Diet's refrigerator pickles are low in sodium and free of MSG. I eliminated the typical sugar and corn syrup to provide you with a low calorie crunchy snack. These are quick to prep and made without any heat. Serve them at your next BBQ or pack them up on a picnic. I keep a jar of these flavorful pickles in my refrigerator door at all times.
- German Potato Salad Premium Recipe This warm potato salad was a specialty of my mother’s. It may have been the bacon rich recipe that started the onset of our heart disease. Now we are both celebrating our health, clear of blockages and our artery walls are smooth thanks to the daily practice of a Protective Diet. I owe the remake of this comfort food favorite to my mother who exposed me to the original flavor profiles and my brother who requested it every chance he had. The flavors and fragrance of the vinegar and onions take me back to childhood when health wasn't a thought and bacon wasn't associated with destruction.
- Gluten Free Apple Oat Breakfast Muffins Recipe These breakfast muffins are gluten free and a delicious alternative way to easily eat your oats. They freeze and defrost beautifully, making them a perfect bake ahead grab and go breakfast option. Eliminating sugar, eggs and oil out of your diet will result in outstanding physical side effects. Get started today for a healthier tomorrow with Protective Diet Apple Oat Breakfast Muffins.
- Good ol’ Minestrone Soup Premium Recipe Minestrone in Italian means a big soup. A big pot of soup is perfect for stocking up your fridge and freezer with ready to go meals. It’s a great way to get kids to eat veggies. Start with the base of the soup as your guide, and then use the suggested veggies or whatever you have on hand to turn out one of the best Italian style veggie bean soups created.
- Granola Bars Premium Recipe Protective Diet granola bars are a low-cal, nutrient-dense, nut-free, sugar-free and fat-free snack or breakfast on-the-go. These are the perfect alternative to eliminate expensive, additive-filled, packaged protein bars out of your routine. Bake and freeze these whole grain bars of energy for when you need some quick fuel or the kids need a fast snack.
- Gravy Fries Premium Recipe French fries are diet sabotage but, top them with gravy and it’s a heart attack in a basket. Feel great enjoying these healthy, but indulgent tasting fat free high fiber gravy fries. Protective Diet fries will assist you to easily reach and maintain your ideal body weight.
- Greek Salad Recipe This fresh salad is even better than my memories of the full fat original. It is complete with easy to make faux feta cheeze. Stuff this into a Protective Diet Soft Pocket Bead and turn this simple salad into a lunchtime favorite.
- Greek Soy Yogurt Premium Recipe This simple recipe transforms PD Plant Based Yogurt into a rich and creamy Greek-style yogurt that’s so thick it’s spreadable. The hardest part is deciding whether to use it to top a taco, as a dip for strawberries, spread on a sandwich, or just enjoyed plain with a spoon.
- Green Bean Casserole Premium Recipe Complete your holiday plant based feast with this traditional dish. I gave the old fashioned version a healthy make over, but no one will suspect it. Don’t tell them it’s healthy until they ask for a second helping.
- Green Burritos Premium Recipe This recipe will put fresh collards at the top of your weekly grocery list. A quick dip in hot water makes these protective greens mild, tender and easy to wrap.
- Grilled Mini Party Pizzas Premium Recipe Grilled pizza is one of my favorite meals. These mini pizzas are simple and easy to assemble in minutes with my no-roll technique featured in the video. If you don't have a grill, see the Protective Diet Quick Bake Mini Party Pizza recipe. This yeast-free and gluten optional crust makes homemade pizza a no-fuss no-mess recipe perfect for a quick dinner with gourmet appeal to impress your Foodie friends.
- Grilled Steak Fries Premium Recipe I've had the pleasure of using a steam oven during in-home cooking lessons. These are the latest and greatest appliances in gourmet high-end kitchens. After spending time playing with steam ovens, I'd dream of how wonderful it would be to have one. Then I realized I already do, and so do the majority of my students! I raced into the test kitchen and perfected this amazing time-saving technique to make golden grilled steak fries with just 5 minutes of grill time and the assistance of steam. This recipe is perfect for hot summer days when you want to keep your kitchen cool, spend some time outside, save energy and enjoy crispy potatoes. Blend up some PD Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce for dipping or shortcut the Buffalo Potato Wedges recipe with this awesomely simple, time and energy saving technique.
- Grilled Veggie Marinade Premium Recipe The simplicity of grilled veggies is wonderful, but you must have an outstanding marinade that boosts their flavor, keeps them hydrated, creates beautiful grill marks, and that contains only oil-free whole food ingredients. I have just the perfect blend to keep those garden veggies slimming you down and strengthening your immune system all summer long.
- Guac-Faux-Mole Recipe Avocados are being falsely marketed as magical health food to reduce stubborn belly fat and promoted to raise your healthy cholesterol. Why not reduce all of your excess body fat and bring your bad cholesterol down? The most effective way to achieve both is to eliminate all excess fat out of the diet. We receive a perfect balance of healthy fat with the consumption of whole grains, beans, fruit and vegetables. Avocados are neither essential nor beneficial to achieve optimal health. Try this delicious avocado-free guacamole at half the cost and without any of the excess fat that can contribute to obesity, elevated cholesterol and impaired insulin reception.
- Guiltless Baked Mac and Cheese Recipe & Cooking Video Kids love this hot and creamy comfort food favorite. Adults can enjoy Guiltless Baked Mac n Cheeze, knowing it is free of all the fat found in the original. The simple breaded topping lends this casserole-style dish a perfect down home finish. This recipe will become a regular weeknight request as you eat your way to a slimmer, healthier you.
- Guiltless Chocolate Banana Ice Cream Recipe This creamy frozen treat is all of the yum and none of the guilt, while providing nutrients to benefit your health.
- Gyro Sandwich Premium Recipe I recreated this comfort food favorite for my mother and I and made it unbelievably healthy. I can remember having the Gyro splitting debate on the way to Greek place called The Works. My mom would always say “Do you want to split one?” We seldom did; half was never enough...and the sauce! Oh, how we loved the sauce! It was never enough to dip all my fries in. I’d always ask for extra on the side. It was a miracle when I came up with this special sauce, recreated without any dairy. Then I created a kind and delicious replacement for the traditional heavily-seasoned lamb served in a Gyro. I layered it up in a pita heavy with onions, tomatoes, sauce and a side of Oven Fries; I think I’ve put The Works to shame.
- Hand-Pressed Corn Tortillas Premium Recipe Homemade tortillas are slightly thicker than machine pressed and resemble gorditas. These round corn cakes are delicious served open faced topped with spicy Salsa Molcajete, creamy Unfried Black Beans, sweet Mango Salsa or any of the Protective Diet toppings and salads. Grill them as a starter at your next outdoor fiesta or cook them indoors using the stove top or oven method. Try my alternative press technique. It allows you to make these tortillas without the use of a traditional tortilla press.
- Hand Tossed Pizza Premium Recipe This homemade plant-based pizza won’t leave your kitchen covered in flour or your pants tight. This crust is puffy, and simple to roll out and bake up. Top your pizza pie with veggies you have on-hand or use the suggested toppings in the recipe. Don’t be intimidated by pizza dough; I’ve created this simple recipe to make a first-timer look like an expert.
- Hash Browns a la Florentine Premium Recipe This high energy breakfast will provide all the nutrients necessary to get you going. Potatoes are higher in fiber than oatmeal and when paired with spinach they blow away the antioxidants of any breakfast cereal. This recipe dishes up fried breakfast potato appeal without the use of oil.
- Hasselback Potatoes Premium Recipe These baked potatoes originated in Sweden created by chefs at the Hasselbacken restaurant. When serving them to kids you can have fun calling them Accordion Potatoes or Pill Bug Potatoes. The slices in the potato make it perfect for topping with PD Butter Sauce. These potatoes are so popular you can purchase a hasselback potato cutting board to make it easier to slice. Check out my trick to cutting them without the investment in any special equipment. Heat up the oven and get cutting these simple potatoes are sure to be a hit.
- Healthy Hottie Sauce Recipe Are you hooked on garlic chili sauce? This recipe is a copycat of the red hot garlic-laced Asian sauce. Unlike the original, it's free of sugar, oil, salt and food additives. This healthy version is loaded with the powerful heat of chile de arbol pods and flavor of garlic.
- Holiday Loaf Premium Recipe At last we have a hearty main dish to serve up next to all of our favorite Protective Diet versions of traditional sides. Holiday dinners are now complete with a sliceable, savory loaf made of whole, plant-based ingredients. Ladle on the Mushroom Gravy, pass the mashed potatoes and enjoy your Holiday Loaf surrounded with all the trimmings.
- Home Fries Premium Recipe These simply delicious potato disks are a great way to increase your plant fiber intake. You will save big bucks and hundreds of empty fat calories using fresh potatoes in place of packaged frozen fries. Skip the chicken nuggets and serve your kids Home Fries for dinner. Loaded with a perfect balance of clean protein, fiber and carbohydrates that is only found in whole plant foods. Your kids will love them and your budget will too.
- Homemade Lasagna Premium Recipe My guess is that you never expected to be enjoying lasagna and achieving all your health goals while slimming down. You definitely never thought you’d be cutting costs by making your own fresh pasta. It sounds like a project, but trust me it isn’t. I think Italian women just play it up that they are working hard all day in the kitchen when it comes to making homemade noodles. I also think you should, too. After you quickly roll out these noodles and layer them up to bake, put a sign on the kitchen door that says keep out. Put your feet up and have a cup of tea. You’ll have everyone thinking you’re working so hard to create a masterpiece from scratch.
- Homemade Pita Chips Recipe These chips reduced my body fat. When I was carrying around my excess fat baggage, I was also known to carry around a bag of Stacy's Pita Chips. I was hooked on those pita chips until I started baking up my own healthy crispy chips. I managed to cut hundreds of empty fat calories, food additives and salt out of my diet. Use them to add a crunchy starch to salads and to scoop up heart-healthy PD Hummus.
- Hot Cup of Cacao Premium Recipe Protective Diet created a hot chocolaty winter treat to satisfy your chocolate fix, keep you on plan and reaching your goals. This rich, sweet and hot cup of warming childhood memories or Aspen ski trip fantasies will get you through the bitter winter.
- Hot & Spicy Get Well Soon Soup This Asian style soup is just what you need when you are feeling weak or just in need of a boost. It’s loaded with antioxidants and enough garlic to keep the vampires at bay. The spicy flavors will open your sinuses and make you sweat out the sickies. It's a quick prep recipe to keep you off your feet and resting to promote a speedy recovery. A cold is rare when following a Protective Diet, so you might have to enjoy this flavorful fast and easy soup when you are well.
- House Dressing Recipe This bright and tangy citrus salad dressing is a house favorite. The fiber of blended oranges replaces the full-bodied texture of oils.
- House Mayo Recipe Replace the fatty oil-filled mayo you’ve been using with this creamy guilt free nutrient dense version. Layer it on a Faux BLT, mix it into Faux Tuna Salad or spoon it on a Protective Diet veggie burger. This easy blend mayo recipe will make your sandwiches complete on a Protective Diet.
- Hummus Recipe This oil-free and tahini-free recipe will assist you in your weight loss progress. It’s high in fiber and nutrient dense with creamy satisfaction. Enjoy it as a spread on fresh corn tortillas, scoop it up with Homemade Pita Chips, or serve as a nutritious dip for your veggies. This recipe is complete with flavor add-in options to make your next batch the best batch.
- Hushpuppies Premium Recipe These oil-free Hushpuppies taste and look totally deep fried! My brother and I have fond memories enjoying them as kids. Only two pups were served to us with a batter fried fish dinner. They were the best part of the whole meal and we wished we could have more. Now we can have a whole basket full of these crunchy nuggets loaded with whole grain corn.
- Ice Pops Premium Recipe When your kids hear the ice cream truck approaching the block, run to your freezer and reach for these Protective Diet sugar-free and dairy-free sweet, fruit-filled treats. Use refillable popsicle molds or make mini ice pops with disposable molds to serve at your next summer party. Kids and adults adore these cold and refreshing treats.
- Mango Island Salad Dressing Recipe Dress your salad with the bright tropical sweet and spicy flavors of mango, lime and chiles.
- Italian Anisete Biscotti Premium Recipe I grew up eating these Italian sweet biscuit style cookies with my father. They were one of his favorites, so of course they became one of mine. I gave these old-fashioned twice-baked cookies an egg-free, fat-free and sugar-free Protective Diet Style makeover. Biscotti are perfect for a whole grain breakfast on the go, to pack in a lunch box, or with afternoon tea.
- Italian “Sausage” Pizza Premium Recipe I’m tempted in Chicago by the intoxicating smell of pizza on every street corner I pass. I came up with an easy homemade pizza recipe to fit perfectly into a Protective Diet. Free of all the saturated fat and loaded with the best toppings, including Chicago style “sausage”.
- Jacked Up Pulled “Pork” Sandwich Recipe This jacked-up sandwich has it going on! It has all the flavor and texture of traditional pulled pork, minus the fat, cholesterol and sugar of traditional barbecued pulled pork. Layer this slow-cooker special on a Protective Diet Onion Sandwich Roll and top it with some Creamy Coleslaw for an unforgettable plant-based meal
- Jalapeño Corn Relish Recipe This is a copy of the corn relish served at a very popular burrito restaurant. It is identical and simple to make at home to top PD Beef-less Tacos, layer on PD Loaded Nachos or add spicy sweetness to your 50/50 Protective Diet Burrito Bowls.
- Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins Recipe Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins are sure to please everyone with the option to make them spicy or savory and mild. Crumble these whole grain, gluten-free muffins into a bowl of hot Veggie Chili or enjoy them on the side with a salad. These make a perfect take away breakfast and give you the starch based energy to keep you satisfied until your next Protective Diet meal.
- J&J’s Smoky BBQ Sauce Recipe This sauce is free of sugar and food additives found in traditional BBQ sauces. It is smoky with a hint of spicy sweetness.
- Ketchup Recipe Kick that sugar laden and additive filled ketchup to the curb. You can make your own that is a healthy addition to your diet. This clean and simple recipe blends up beautifully in a high-speed blender or bullet. Go ahead and top your Chia Seed Burger, double dip your Potato Wedges and smother some Protective Diet Onion Rings.
- Killer Ketchup Premium Recipe Try my new and super improved homemade sugar free ketchup recipe. This one tastes just like the real deal and blends up in a smaller sized batch. Kid tested and Protective Diet approved.
- King Sauce Premium Recipe This is the KING of all Protective Diet sauces. It is loaded with smoky, roasted flavor and just enough heat to use as a sauce for noodles, to top a rice bowl, layer in a Green Burrito, or squeeze on Home Fries. In the weeks after its creation, I found myself starting with the sauce and choosing ingredients to put it on to create simple, but deliciously flavored meals.
- Lazy Lady One Pot Pasta Recipe This easy throw together one pot meal is perfect for a weeknight dinner. It uses all pantry staples with the option to add fresh ingredients. You can switch out the fresh veggie ingredients and change it up based on what you have on hand.
- Lemon Blueberry Whole Grain Scones Premium Recipe Fresh baked scones are perfect for breakfast or as a snack with a cup of tea. I’ve ditched the eggs, shortening, butter, cream and sugar used in the traditional recipe. These scones were created by increasing the fiber and nutrients with whole grain flour and a pinch of Protective Diet magic.
- Lentil Stew Recipe This hearty lentil recipe was created for the electric pressure cooker. It's a nutrient dense one-pot time-saver with smoky warm flavors from cumin seeds and smoked paprika. Prep this stew in the morning, set the time delay, and arrive home to a memorable home-cooked stick to your ribs plant-based meal.
- Loaded Nachos Recipe This is a compilation of my all-time favorite party recipes piled up on my all-time favorite food…Baked Tortilla Chips. Most people have a hard time believing this indulgently beautiful spread of nachos is a Protective Diet option. Recipes like Loaded Nachos are what keep us on track and achieving all our health goals.
- Mandel Bread Premium Recipe This is an oil-free, egg-free and sugar-free remake of a traditional Jewish crisp desert bread. The Yiddish word Mandelbrot literally means almond bread. There are many flavor variations, most commonly chocolate chip and vanilla or cinnamon and sugar. This bread is a twice-baked crispy sweet biscuit similar to Italian biscotti. Mandel Bread is perfect served with tea or a PD Latte complete with the added bonus of whole grain nutrition.
- Mango Con Chile Paletas Premium Recipe I adored these cold, refreshing, creamy popsicles with an exciting spicy finish, sold on hot summer days from push carts in Mexican neighborhoods throughout Chicago. When I hear the bells of the Paleta cart ringing, I run to my freezer and reach for the Protective Diet sugar-free and dairy-free version. If you don’t enjoy the spice of chile de árbol pods, leave them out and enjoy this creamy cold mango treat, mild and sweet.
- Mango Salsa Recipe Fresh diced sweet and spicy Protective Diet Mango Salsa is a great salad topper or delicious scooped up with Baked Tortilla Chips. Its sweet and spicy flavor is tops on my list of summertime salsas.
- Matzo Balls Premium Recipe I grew up enjoying Matzo Ball Soup at Maxwell’s restaurant. Their special was an all you can eat bottomless bowl. My friends and I could never get past three as they were the size of tennis balls, settled like bricks and were filled with eggs and oil. For almost a decade, I have longed for them. Finally, here's my version, free of all the fat and cholesterol. I’ve perfected the texture and with this recipe mastered, a Protective Diet is now complete for Passover.
- Not Yo Mama’s “Meat” Loaf Premium Recipe Back in the 70s my mom made a free formed meatloaf that she called The Blob. I created one with more eye appeal and improved nutrition. This loaf is loaded with flavor and texture, and slices beautifully. I think my mom will be as thrilled with this recipe as I am celebrating her anniversary practicing a Protective Diet. This recipe goes out to the moms and their Gen-X kids who ate The Blob.
- Mexican Mac n Cheeze Recipe This reminds me of Velveeta Shells & Cheese with a kick. Super quick to prepare, this meal tastes like junk food but it’s loaded with the antioxidant power of pumpkin, citrus, chilies, and cilantro-filled with chlorophyll. That little leafy green isn’t just a garnishing flavor addition. It offers protection against DNA mutation by intercepting carcinogens. Don’t let this healthy description leave you thinking this recipe is lacking in comfort food appeal. It’s a classic favorite by many just starting off on the fast track to optimal heath with the application of a Protective Diet.
- Mexican Pizza Premium Recipe This quick, inexpensive and delicious personal-sized pizza recipe is a busy weeknight favorite. Divide this simple no roll, hand-pressed crust into two mini-sized, kid-pleasing pizzas. This crust costs under a quarter to make and assembles in less time than it takes to preheat the oven. Keep dinner quick and simple with two toppings or have a pizza fiesta with 10 toppings and invite all your friends.
- Mini Burgers Premium Recipe These burgers are kid friendly in size, hearty and realistic in texture. Serve them up with PD Mini Burger Buns and you’ll have more room on your plate for all of the delicious side dishes at the BBQ, PD picnic or potluck. Both grilling and oven baking directions are included for year-round burger enjoyment. Make a batch to keep handy in the freezer, and eliminate the overpriced oil and preservative laden store-bought veggie burgers from your child’s plate.
- Mini Fruit Pies Premium Recipe I’ve created mini pies with the health benefits of oats. Why eat boring old oatmeal? Now you can have pie for breakfast! These are perfect for a special brunch or tea party.
- Mini Pizza Puffs Premium Recipe These little oil-free Notzzarella Cheeze stuffed pizza nuggets are perfect for children of any age and make awesome football season game snacks. Present them in a parchment paper lined pub basket and they will never guess they are eating their way to optimal health with a Protective Diet.
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Premium Recipe This creamy sugar-free ice cream will satisfy the kids’ summertime frozen treat quota and keep the whole family on the fast track to optimal health. Don’t let the picky eaters know about the spinach; after tasting this creamy familiar frozen treat, they’ll never guess that it’s full of antioxidants.
- Mock “Tuna” Salad Recipe This mock tuna salad was created to satisfy the health and environmentally conscious sandwich lover. Remove the toxic contaminates from your tuna sandwich and help save our over-fished seas. This recipe is sure to please with all the texture and flavor of traditional tuna salad without the fat, toxic fish and cholesterol.
- Mushroom Soup Premium Recipe This hearty and thick mushroom soup is a stick to your ribs meal in itself. Its beautiful golden color with flecks of fresh green parsley make this soup look like a masterpiece. Don’t tell anyone it was fast, easy and inexpensive to put together they would never suspect.
- Nacho Waffles Premium Recipe Easy two-ingredient corn waffles are fun, inexpensive and rewarding to make. Top them with exciting and colorful Protective Diet Loaded Nacho toppings, Veggie Chili, Sloppy Jerry’s or serve them plain and simple with a cup of soup or salad. Enjoy these golden, whole grain, gluten-free cakes for breakfast, lunch, dinner or freeze them for quick fixes on busy days. For years I avoided toxic non-stick irons and sandwich presses. When ceramic waffle irons were invented, all my healthy waffle dreams were answered. Thanks to new ceramic technology, we have healthy, oil-free, fun and fabulous waffles on a Protective Diet.
- New England Chowder Premium Recipe This is the best vegan, fat-free, creamy and flavorful stick-to-your-ribs soup I've ever had. It's the kind of soup that is so good it's worth hiding leftovers (if you have any) in the back of your fridge and heating them up when no one is home to share with. If hearty chowder is your favorite, this recipe will surely satisfy and keep you on track, achieving all your goals with a Protective Diet.
- No Fat Not-Yo Cheeze Sauce Recipe This is a classic Protective Diet recipe that amazes me with its perfect texture and spicy flavor every time I make it. It’s a perfect nacho topper, and a fabulous sauce for cooked veggies or Short Cut Potatoes. Also a great spread for faux grilled cheeze. It reminds me of the nacho cheese I grew up eating at the swimming pool and movie theater, except this one is good for me.
- Not So Fat So Mashed Potatoes Recipe These creamy, mashed spuds served with Mushroom Gravy will fill you up and slim you down. Not So Fat So Mashed Potatoes are packed with fiber, protein and vitamin C so why wait for the holidays. Enjoy them weekly a la carte, or with a PD Holiday Loaf and steamed veggies. Your family will be asking what the occasion is. Keep the simplicity of this recipe to yourself and enjoy cooking options using the slow cooker, pressure cooker or stove top.
- Oat Flour Flatbread Recipe This easy to make flat bread recipe was created to fill the need for a gluten free bread option that is healthy and free of eggs, oil and additives. If you are challenged with gluten sensitivity or celiac disease, you've probably come up short searching for clean bread to make a PD "Tuna" Melt, Pita Pizza or toast into bread crumbs to top gluten-free Baked Mac and Cheeze. If you are gluten free, you will enjoy practicing a Protective Diet. Most recipes include GF options if they aren't naturally free of gluten.
- Oat Milk Recipe Making your own Oat Milk eliminates the additives and sugar found in packaged plant-based milks. It will save you money and trips to the market. It tastes just like oats and has a smooth and thick texture.
- Oat and Yogurt Parfait Premium Recipe Love at first bite was my experience with these ready-made grab and go colorful jars of breakfast. My schedule has become jam packed and this recipe makes breakfast a no brainer I can prep days in advance. The simple whole food ingredients are all stocked in your PD pantry and freezer. All that’s needed is a few minutes invested before bed, a couple jars and an appetite for these delicious refrigerator oats.
- Onion & Chive Creamy Cheeze Premium Recipe When I spread this guilt free creamy rich onion cheeze on a whole grain English muffin, I question that this is really low cal and good for me. Someone pinch me am I dreaming? Thanks to Protective Diet I can have flavorful creamy cheeze, lower my cholesterol and fit in my skinny jeans.
- Onion & Herb Smashed Potatoes Premium Recipe Don’t bother making gravy for these bold mashed potatoes; they are awesome on their own. Use the slow cooker recipe shortcut and have these on the table in ten minutes. Creamy and loaded with flavor, your kids will be begging for PD Onion & Herb Smashed Potatoes.
- Onion Rings Recipe Protective Diet baked onion rings are so crispy and impressive to serve as a snack or starter, but the best part is how easy this oil-free recipe is. They taste so indulgent, and dipping them into one of our many dipping sauce makes you feel like you’re cheating.
- Onion Sandwich Rolls Premium Recipe At last, we have soft whole grain onion sandwich rolls that taste great and are easy and inexpensive to make. I’ve created a simple way to keep my buns perfectly soft without adding white refined flour, isolated gluten, eggs, or oil. These beautiful 4 ounce buns are perfection at only 210 calories each and made with all whole plant-based ingredients.
- Orange Chick’n Premium Recipe This sweet, sticky & tangy classic Chinese dish received a special Protective Diet make-over. It looks just like the original and the sauce will have you second guessing if it’s the real deal. After you’ve made PD Orange Chick’n, you will understand why so many people are happily achieving and sustaining their health goals with Protective Diet.
- Original Awesome Sauce Premium Recipe Sriracha, the world’s most popular hot sauce has been given a Protective Diet makeover. Like the original, it is sweet with flavors of garlic and red chilies, but this version is free of additives, sugar and oil. I’m thrilled it is finally back in my refrigerator door topping Protective Diet Vietnamese Spring Rolls and hot bowls of PD Pho.
- Oven Baked Pancakes Premium Recipe Stop sweating over a chemical extruding non stick griddle with these oil free, egg free, sugar free pancakes with a gluten free option. Mix up a batch and bake them up in just 8 minutes.
- Oven Fries Premium Recipe French fries will make most people throw in the towel on a diet and yell mercy. My recipe for healthy fries will cut out the fat and make room for a super sized order every day of the week. Did you know that a potato has more fiber in it than oatmeal? It is higher in potassium than a banana. One potato will provide 45% of your daily supply of vitamin C. It’s time you started putting a big bag of these inexpensive, nutrient dense, high fiber, low cal and super satisfying spuds on your grocery list.
- Oven Roasted Garlic Recipe When garlic is roasted, it becomes sweet and mild in flavor. Spread Oven-Roasted Garlic on freshly baked hot bread or mash into potatoes. This simple recipe makes a flavorful, immune-boosting, plant-based replacement for butter.
- PD Latte Premium Recipe When we stop consuming coffee, our physical addiction to it passes within a day or two. The memory of the habit can be our biggest challenge. It will beckon us when we pass a shop and smell the intoxicating aroma of beans being ground or brewed. I encourage you to maintain this comforting ritual, but replace the coffee bean for this PD alternative that is full of roasted flavor. Eliminating coffee will even your mood, and will help you achieve your ideal body weight without the struggle from sugar cravings triggered by afternoon caffeine withdrawal.
- Pizza Sauce Premium Recipe This fast and flavorful pizza sauce has superior flavor to any canned sauce on the market. It will save you a couple of dollars per pizza along with the empty sugar calories, oil, dairy and food additives found in the leading brands. In just five quick minutes you will be dipping, spreading or topping something delicious with this rich pizza sauce.
- PD Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce Premium Recipe Are you tortured with the sweet smell of BBQ sauce filling the summer air? I refuse to stand by without rewarding you for your commitment to breaking up with this sticky and devilishly sweet sauce. This special sugar-free PD sauce will make all your BBQ dreams come true. I’ve been dipping, topping and marinating everything in it. This sauce will make the Protective Diet summer of 2014 recipe collection some of my most familiar and memorable yet.
- Gluten Free Peach Pie Premium Recipe When peaches are abundant and in season this is a perfect way to enjoy them on a Protective Diet. Who knew we could promote optimal health with pie?
- Peanut-less Peanut Sauce Premium Recipe This sauce is perfect as a dip for Vietnamese Spring Rolls or for tossing with a cold noodle salad. It has the body and flavor of a spicy Thai-style sauce, free of the saturated fat and excessive calories that peanuts serve up. Go ahead and double dip that spring roll. This is a Protective Diet low cal, high fiber sauce that is guilt-free and full of flavor.
- Pepper Poppers Premium Recipe Breaded & baked, spicy or mild, Protective Diet has the perfect Super Bowl half time snack for everyone. Serve these easy-to-assemble impressive starters and introduce your friends to what a PD is all about. This is the ultimate in whole plant based health food disguised in junk food camouflage. Most people won’t believe you are eating jalapeño poppers and slimming down until they see it for themselves.
- Perfect Pesto Sauce Recipe Pesto Pasta has always been a quick and easy summertime favorite of mine. Spring hits and I’m in search of beautiful basil plants to grow on my deck. Over the years my pesto has evolved from a disease promoting classic Parmesan, oil and nut rich sauce to this endothelial promoting flavorful version. My health and waistline followed in the footsteps of my evolving pesto. One year I removed the cheese, the next the oil, and then I officially tossed the nuts. This recipe celebrates the evolution of Protective Diet though my own personal journey to optimal health.
- Pho Premium Recipe I have paid great respect to this beloved Vietnamese soup by keeping all the unique spices exactly the same, and removing all of the saturated fat found in the original. This big bowl of clear, dark, flavorful broth, filled with noodles and the excitement of the aromatic fresh toppings will have you simmering up a batch on the regular.
- Pickle Relish Premium Recipe Protective Diet Pickle Relish is sweet and tangy without the sugar, additives and dyes found in typical relish. Top off a PD BBQ Burger, give your “Tuna” Melt a zing, or whip up some unforgettable dairy-free Tartar Sauce. This relish will stay fresh for a month. It’s so delicious, it probably won’t last a week in the door of your refrigerator.
- Pickled Pepper Rings Premium Recipe Make a perfect salad garnish or add a fabulously spicy layer on a BBQ Burger with these pickled pepper rings. Slip some in a Green Burrito and enjoy the warmth and excitement. I’ve created a mild, colorful alternative for those who aren’t into sweating through meals. Spicy food connoisseurs, to mild and sweet, you’ll always have options on a Protective Diet.
- Pico de Gallo Especial Premium Recipe Enjoy this special starter on Baked Tortilla Chips or serve it as a main dish on crunchy baked Tostadas. Bright in flavor and color, this dish is loaded with the anti-cancer benefits of cruciferous veggies. Make it mild or turn up the heat and stimulate those feel-good hormones called endorphins. This recipe is special just like it’s name as it was created and served to Jerry and I by our dear Evelia Cruz.
- Pita Pizza Recipe & Cooking Video This quick and flavorful weeknight meal is fun and easy to assemble. Make dinner easy and assemble them using pre-made and frozen Protective Diet Soft Pocket Bread or PD gluten-free Oat Flour Flat Bread. Either way the smell of these little pizzas baking will have everyone running to the kitchen. You can have pita pizza assembled and on your table faster than greasy overpriced delivery. Have your kids make their own personal pizzas and show them just how delicious healthy pizza can be.
- Plant Based Yogurt Premium Recipe Leave it to the team at Protective Diet to come up with the healthiest and easiest low calorie plant based yogurt recipe free of chemical additives. It takes less than one minute to prepare and costs under $2.00 per quart. Get your yogurt makers ready, because we have come up with some exciting recipes using this yogurt as a star ingredient.
- Popcorn Recipe This whole grain treat is a no-brainer, quick to make, and inexpensive. Pick up an air popper or use a dry pot on the stove. If you have children, invest in an air popper. From toddlers to teens, they all love it and will come running when they hear it turn on. Over time, your taste buds will adjust and air popped corn dressed lightly will become equally as satisfying as movie theater corn.
- Popcorn Shrimp Premium Recipe Breaded, baked, crispy, and delicious PD Popcorn “Shrimp” is one of my new favorite recipes. Set down a basket of these little, golden, crispy, surprisingly gluten-free, indulgent-tasting nuggets and you’ll rename them Disappearing Popcorn “Shrimp”. This is a perfect party starter. Confuse your friends and family with this fried food classic. They will think you gave up on your Protective Diet and wonder what you’re doing to look so healthy and slim.
- Popeye’s Pantry Pasta Recipe This is a quick and colorful dinner that is easily assembled with only one fresh ingredient. Keep your Protective Diet Pantry stocked with PD-Ed Lesson #32 and never run into last minute meal planning challenges. Grab a box of spinach and get the pasta water boiling. This recipe is the perfect solution to dinner when time is tight but you want flavor, variety and volume to serve up in less than 30 minutes.
- Potato Corn Chowder Premium Recipe Thick and rich chowder with the sweetness of corn and heartiness of potatoes is easily prepared in a pressure cooker, slow cooker or on the stove top. There’s nothing better than a quick and easy one pot meal that tastes like you labored over the stove all day.
- Potato Kugel Premium Recipe Jews believe that eating kugel on the Jewish Sabbath brings special spiritual blessings. I wouldn’t want anyone to miss out on this wonderful tradition due to dietary consciousness. Now we can all enjoy kugel, promote our heath and celebrate special blessings.
- Potato Pancakes Recipe I have fond memories of waking up to my mom’s potato pancakes topped with applesauce. She and I worked together to give them a Protective Diet makeover. We removed the oil and eggs and held them together using a burger press. Top these golden pancakes with applesauce and homemade dairy free sour cream or spice them up with Protective Diet's King Sauce
- Pozole Rojo Premium Recipe Pozole is a soup that eats like a meal and is traditionally served in Mexican homes on holidays. This soup in Mexico is like turkey and stuffing on Thanksgiving in the United States of America. Evelia Cruz adopted a Protective Diet and thought she had gained so much knowledge from me, but the feeling was mutual. She taught me about Mexican ingredients and how to properly cook with them. I taught her how to cut out the oil, meat and cheese. Together we made a standard Mexican diet one of the easiest to convert to a Protective Diet.
- Pressure Cooker Pasta Dinner Premium Recipe This is a pressure cooking one pot dream come true. Your Protective Diet Pantry will have all the ingredients needed to simply toss together this easier-than-easy dinner that tastes oven-baked and smells divine. Add this simple recipe to your weeknight meal rotation and enjoy smiles from satisfied diners all around the table.
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding Premium Recipe This creamy pudding has the flavors of fall and texture of whole chia seeds. It’s loaded with organic ingredients perfect as a holiday dessert, a nutrient dense breakfast or after school snack.
- Queso Dip Premium Recipe Hot cheezy dip that is perfect for a party, Sunday football or dinner for one. This dip is so health promoting I invite you to enjoy it for dinner. After you experience how deliciously indulgent it tastes, there will be no encouragement needed. It cooks in just 15 minutes, the same time it takes to bake batch of Baked Tortilla Chips.
- Quick-Bake Mini Party Pizza Premium Recipe At last we have a homemade, no-mess, yeast-free, no-rise, no-roll, quick-bake pizza with a gluten-free option. I perfected what real Chicago thin crust pizza is all about, crispy on the bottom with a slight chewy tenderness under the sauce. These are fast to prep and quick to bake. Mini Party Pizzas are delicious layered with a couple of classic ingredients for an after school snack, or top them with endless gourmet pizza options the next time you entertain friends Protective Diet Style.
- Quick Red Pasta Sauce Premium Recipe This sauce is way better than any store bought jarred sauce. It is loaded with classic Italian flavors, free of sugar and oil and simple to make. Use it to layer up a Spinach Lasagna, toss together your Baked Ziti or simply toss with hot whole grain pasta. Keep all the ingredients in your pantry for a quick and easy week night meal.
- Raw Ruby Kraut Premium Recipe Probiotics are found naturally on the surface of all fruits and veggies. Use this sauerkraut recipe to make them multiply with a simple process called lacto-fermentation. It’s fun and inexpensive to make your own raw, fermented, dairy-free probiotics. The health food store shelves are lined with expensive little jars filled with unique combinations. Take this simple, inexpensive recipe and get creative. How about ginger, garlic, beet, cabbage kraut? After making your first jar of Ruby Raw Kraut you will see how easy, delicious and rewarding making homemade sauerkraut can be.
- Red Enchiladas Recipe These authentic red enchiladas are like nothing you’ve ever tasted – well, unless you’re Mexican. I was lucky enough to learn this sauce recipe from a PD Workshop student while I was converting some of her mother’s traditional favorites to fit a Protective Diet. She laughed when I was under the impression red enchilada sauce contained tomatoes. Now I know the truth behind traditional enchilada sauce and I’m sharing it with you. This recipe has a few steps, but they are broken down and made simple and easy. The day you serve these is the day you become known for making the best enchiladas this side of the Rio Grande.
- Red Lentils with Spinach and Roasted Garlic Recipe This hearty red lentil dish is rich with roasted garlic flavor. It’s one of my favorite throw together dishes when I have a bulb of Roasted Garlic on hand. If you are new to cooking lentils, this recipe will give you a perfect introduction.
- Rice Milk Recipe If you have a high-speed blender and a ½ cup of raw rice, you are only a minute away from 3 beautiful white cups of clean, plant-based milk. Save yourself money, eliminate wasted packaging, and save trips to the store buying boxed plant-based milks which are often full of sugar, thickening agents and food additives.
- Roast-less Pot Roast Recipe The aroma of this dish roasting in the oven brings me right back to my childhood. My mother made the most spectacular pot roast and then I followed along in her footsteps. She taught me her techniques and the importance of browning the onions along with the importance of oven roasting to create depth of flavor. I’ve applied all of her tricks along with a few of mine to produce hearty roasted flavors that even I didn't think could be possible on a plant based diet.
- Roasted Broccoli with Lemon Recipe This recipe is so deliciously simple and the finish of lemon brightens up this veggie with a zing of fresh flavor.
- Roasted Corn Premium Recipe Summertime is here and fresh corn is abundant and sweet. Nature has provided a naturally perfect package in which to roast your corn. Kids love to peel back the husk to create a built-in handle. There’s no need to waste your time soaking or wrapping those ears; this is the most delicious and efficient recipe to simply roast corn. Serve it as a starter or side dish at your next cookout.
- Roasted Pomodoro Sauce Premium Recipe This sweet, roasted tomato sauce has a mild garlic flavor and is perfect to prepare at the end of the summer when tomatoes are abundant and garden herbs are at their peak. Protective Diet will spare your body empty fat calories with this oil-free recipe makeover.
- Roasted Squash Recipe This is the easiest way to prepare squash. This method builds sweet roasted flavor with very little preparation and no peeling. Enjoy it straight out of the bowl nature provided or blend it up in Roasted Squash Soup , No Fat Not-Yo Cheeze Sauce or for an Indian dinner of Roasted Squash Curry.
- Roasted Squash Curry Recipe This flavorful and colorful golden curry is rich with the spicy flavors of India. It incorporates Fall’s bounty of roasted squash for creamy richness without the use of yogurt, cream or fatty coconut milk. Use canned pumpkin to save time and this curry will be ready faster than the time it takes to cook rice. Toasting the cumin seeds brings out their spicy flavor and adds depth to this authentically spiced curry dish. If you are new to the flavors of Indian curry, invite a friend over that loves it. Their excitement for the flavors of this dish will have you loving it right alongside them.
- Roasted Squash Soup with Smoked Paprika Recipe This is a simple blended soup with roasted smoky warm flavors of ground cumin and paprika. It hits the spot when squash is in season and there's a chill in the air. Roasting the squash to a golden color adds a rich sweet flavor. It also gives you a reason to warm up the kitchen during the cool change of season.
- Rustic Roasted Tomato Basil Soup Recipe Rustic Roasted Tomato and Basil Soup is the perfect soup for the end of summer when tomatoes and fresh herbs are flavorful and abundant. This recipe will teach you how to add a rich sweetness to your soup with roasted tomatoes. The herbs add a bright finish and take it from simple tomato soup to a gourmet starter or main dish
- Salad Chips Premium Recipe I’m always trying to duplicate my favorite restaurant salads. Those salads were huge and loaded with different textures, sauces, and dressings. They were my weaknesses when dining out before adopting a Protective Diet. They were serious waistline expanders, topped with sugar- and fat-filled dressings and fried crispy toppings. I was always drawn to the ones topped with crunchy chips or fried wontons. Now we have awesome oil-free, full-bodied PD vinaigrettes and crunchy starch-based oil-free add-ins. These crunchy, gluten-free salad chips transform a simple salad into a satisfying energy producing-meal filled with whole grain corn. Bake a double or a triple batch and set yourself up for a week of unforgettable salads that will satisfy like a meal.
- Salsa Molcajete Recipe & Cooking Video Prepare to become a salsa snob. This recipe is so simple and amazingly delicious you will never buy jarred salsa again. Simple roasted jalapenos and roasted tomatoes give this authentic Mexican salsa roasted sweet and optional traditional spicy flavor.
- Salsa Roja Recipe Simple toasted chile de arbol pods and roasted tomatoes give this salsa deep flavor. Only four ingredients give this authentic salsa all it needs to become a regular recipe in your home.
- Salsa Verde Recipe & Cooking Video Authentic green salsa is made deliciously simple with this easy recipe. The bright flavor of the tomatillo is something I’m so grateful to have been introduced to by my friend and student Eve. She has taught me her knowledge of Mexican ingredients and flavors that she learned from her mother and I’m passing all the deliciousness on to you.
- Seasoned Crispy Crackers Premium Recipe Protective Diet crackers are gluten-free, flour-free, fat-free, flavorful, and easy to make with just one whole grain ingredient. Seasoned Crispy Crackers are an inexpensive and healthy way to scoop up PD Hummus, Mercury Free “Tuna” Salad, Skinny Chick In Salad or enjoy with sliced Notzzarella Cheeze and King Sauce. They cost just pennies to make and eliminate the fats, seeds, excessive salt, and food additives found in “healthy” packaged crackers.
- Shamrock Shake Premium Recipe In March everyone is racing to the drive-thru to pick up a 16 oz, 660 calorie, sweet minty green creamy treat before the month ends. How about a 16 oz Protective Diet version for just 250 calories that you can enjoy all year round? This one is loaded with health promoting ingredients unlike the sugar and fat laden original cup of health sabotage.
- Shortcut Potatoes Premium Recipe I love simple baked potatoes with salads or topped with Veggie Chili, Cheeze Sauce and Sour Cream Dream. I never seem to have a full hour to wait for them to bake, so I created this recipe that produces an even tastier baked potato in half the time. I pack them in my purse, pocket or gym bag to replace expensive additive-filled, packaged snacks and protein bars. They are perfect for when hunger hits and a meal isn’t convenient. Always be prepared with a snack; you never know when you may be delayed in traffic or miss a flight. Shortcut Potatoes have saved me on many occasions when a quick and easy meal or emergency snack is in order.
- Skinny Chick’n Salad Premium Recipe This creamy salad tastes just like the deli original without the unhealthy calories from oily egg filled mayo and cholesterol laden chicken. Pack up a Skinny Chick'n Salad sandwich and have a lunch to look forward to.
- Slow Cooker Golumpki (Cabbage Rolls) Premium Recipe Enjoy this home cooked hearty Polish classic with a Protective Diet makeover. This recipe is complete with a technique video along with four cooking options including pressure cooking, slow cooking, stove top and oven baked methods. You’ll become a plant based chef in just one try with simple to follow directions using easy to find inexpensive whole plant based ingredients.
- Slow Cooker Sloppy Jerrys Premium Recipe Sloppy Joes are all about the sauce. I made this version with a sauce so sweet and wonderful I had to name them after Jerry. These are perfect to prepare in the morning on a lazy summer day, when you don’t want to be indoors cooking over a hot stove. There’s nothing better than arriving home after a day at the beach to a smell that will have you and the kids lining up for dinner. Toast up some PD Burger Buns from the freezer and dinner is served. I hope this recipe gives all the hard working moms and dads a chance to go play and have fun this summer.
- Soft Pocket Bread Premium Recipe Chicago is home to a place called Pockets, specializing in dressed and tossed salads stuffed inside fresh baked pocket bread. I have recreated this delicious lunch special with Protective Diet Soft Pocket Bread. Each pocket weighs in at only 160 calories. Stuff them full of dressed salad and serve up a deliciously satisfying low-cal nutrient dense lunch. Protective Diet Pocket Bread is simple to bake and makes lunch packing easy.
- Sour Cream Dream Recipe This creamy dairy free topping with tang is just what you need to make your tostadas, loaded nachos, tacos, baked potatoes and veggie chili complete. Top all your Protective Diet favorites with this perfect creamy addition that is nutrient dense and guilt free.
- Southwestern Pasta Toss Recipe Pasta and Southwestern flavors are two of my all time favorites. This fast and flavorful toss together pasta dish is hot, hearty, and served up in 30 minutes. This is a simple dinner with the warmth of cumin, spicy heat of the jalapeño and cooled off by the refreshing lime and cilantro.
- Southwestern Ranch Dressing Recipe This spicy southwestern style salad dressing has a light creamy base. Chia seeds thicken the plant-based milk to dress your salad without the run-off challenge of oil free dressings.
- Spanish Rice Premium Recipe This traditional Mexican rice is perfectly prepared using my easy stove top method or a presser cooker. Server this heart healthy oil free version as a side dish with Beef-less tacos at your next fiesta.
- Späetzle Premium Recipe These handmade German noodles are traditionally loaded with saturated fat. Protective Diet has created an egg free Spätzle for you to drop into soup, cover with Mushroom Gravy or enjoy plain.
- Speedy Steak Fries Premium Recipe I've had the pleasure of using a steam oven during in-home cooking lessons. These are the latest and greatest appliances in gourmet high-end kitchens. After spending time playing with steam ovens I’d dream of how wonderful it would be to have one. Then I realized I already do, and so do the majority of my students! I raced into the test kitchen and perfected this amazing time-saving technique to make golden steak fries with just 20 minutes of baking time and the assistance of steam. This recipe is perfect for hot summer days when you want to shortcut running your oven, save energy and enjoy crispy potatoes. Blend up some PD Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce for dipping or shortcut your Buffalo Potato Wedges with this awesomely simple, time and energy saving technique.
- Spices & Herbs Vinaigrette Premium Recipe This is a remake of an old favorite from the mall where I worked as a teenager. It was served at Loves, a pick your toppings salad take away place. This was the most popular dressing they served, light, sweet & loaded with spices & herbs. I loved Loves because they gave you the option of having your salad chopped. The small square chopped pieces allowed me to pour on this delicious vinaigrette, close the plastic salad box and give the salad a good shake. I’m thrilled to have a oil-free & sugar-free version of this dressing to shake up all my salads with.
- Spicy Asian Dipping Sauce This spicy dipping sauce is a perfect complement to Protective Diet Vietnamese Spring Rolls
- Spicy Asian Noodle Salad Recipe This colorful and spicy oil-free naturally sweetened Asian inspired cold noodle salad is a perfect picnic or BBQ dish.
- Spicy Dill Pickles Recipe Description: These spicy crisp and fresh refrigerator pickles are low in sodium, free of MSG and do not contain corn syrup or any sugar. Perfect for a picnic or a BBQ. They are quick to make and even quicker to disappear. I always have a batch marinating in my refrigerator door.
- Spicy Green Enchiladas Recipe If you love green enchiladas, stop everything and make this recipe! The authentic sauce that covers these rolled pillows of garlic smashed potatoes wrapped in tender corn tortillas is where it's at. This recipe is so simple, yet this dish has an all day in the kitchen flavor. Allow me to teach you how easy it is to work with tomatillos and how to make traditional Mexican green sauce that will make you known for the best enchiladas on the block.
- Spicy Oil Free Curry Recipe & Cooking Video Curry originated in South and Southeast Asian cuisines. It incorporates complex combinations of spices or herbs, usually including fresh or dried hot chilies. I'm bringing you a classic Indian spiced curry that is filled with traditional ingredients and a bit of heat to make dinner exciting and filled with warming flavors of toasted cumin seeds, turmeric, ginger, garlic and finished with the bright freshness of cilantro. The elimination of the oil is the untraditional part of this recipe. I have served this dish to many curry lovers and never once was asked about the lack of oil. If curry is one of your favorite dishes, give this one a try - it's sure to please. If you've never experienced these exotic spice blends before, don't wait another day. I encourage you to invite a friend over that is fond of and experienced with these flavors. Their excitement for this dish will encourage you to broaden your palate for worldly cuisine.
- Spicy Szechuan Green Beans Recipe and Cooking Video Protective Diet's Spicy Szechuan is a takeout lover’s dream come true. Dark and rich garlic gravy laced with chiles tossed with fresh green beans and rice noodles is a gluten and oil free dish that will satisfy cravings for takeout.
- Spinach Dip Recipe This is an old school 80’s style dip with a Protective Diet makeover. It has all the creaminess and soup mix flavor of the original party favorite without any of the fat or MSG. Do your friends a favor and serve this at your next party. They will never know it isn’t the full fat version.
- Spinach Lasagna Recipe & Cooking Video This is a perfect beginner recipe that you will continue to favor throughout the years. I will teach you how to press tofu and make cholesterol free faux ricotta that tastes just like the original. Stack the impressive layers high and double the batch if you are having more than two for dinner. Protective Diet Spinach Lasagna is sure to please everyone on the path to optimal health.
- Split Pea Soup Recipe This recipe was created for all day simmering soup flavor. I nicknamed my electric pressure cooker "The Life Changer.” With this recipe and my Life Changer, I can prepare this soup in 15 minutes and have it on the table within the hour. If you have a few extra minutes in the morning, set it up using the time delay or prepare it in a slow cooker. You will be welcomed home with a thick-as-fog style bowl of old fashioned split pea soup.
- Perfect Steel-Cut Oats Recipe This recipe is designed for morning time efficiency and perfectly cooked oats. Using this method, babysitting a pot on the stove and setting a timer is eliminated. The best part is it is so simple that I can make a fresh serving every day. Jerry has gotten into the routine of starting his oats first thing in the morning and they are warm and waiting for him post-shower.
- Strawberry Lemonade Refresher Premium Recipe Sip on this Protective Diet sugar-free Strawberry Lemonade to cool off and rehydrate this summer. This blended up beverage is made of pure antioxidant rich ingredients and nothing else. Perfect to serve at a party or bottle up and treat yourself right at the gym.
- Strawberry Poppyseed Dressing Recipe This is a naturally sweet and nutrient dense dressing free of sugar and oil. It will transform a simple spinach salad into a lunch to look forward to.
- Stuff Yourself Stuffing Recipe This traditional stuffing is holiday perfection in a pan, filled with cubes of healthy bread and all the fresh herbs of the season. It is sure to please your family when topped with Protective Diet Mushroom Gravy.
- Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe These peppers have old-fashioned home-cooked appeal. The aroma of them baking sends me back to my childhood. As a child I’d run in the door after school and guess from the delicious smell what my mother was cooking for dinner. Stuffed Peppers were one of my favorite cold weather oven baked dinners. I've removed all the fat and animal products and doubled up on the protective ingredients to heal and protect your hard working body with a nostalgic meal that truly satisfies.
- Stuffed Mushrooms Premium Recipe This easy-to-prepare starter will be a hit at your next fancy cocktail party or will easily get their attention at half time during the football game. These single bite button mushrooms are packed with a spicy or mild Italian “Sausage”-style filling. These are stuffed mushrooms with a Chicago flare.
- Summertime Slow Cooker BBQ Beans Premium Recipe These aren't ordinary open the can and warm um up style baked beans. They have gourmet Foodie appeal along with traditional flavors. Make them for an exciting addition to a summertime BBQ. This easy prep, set-it and forget-it recipe is perfect for hot days when turning on the oven isn't an option and you'd much rather be outside playing grill master than indoors checking on a side dish.
- Swedish “Meatballs” Premium Recipe Tender nuggets of Swedish goodness covered with savory gravy are perfect served up as an hors d’oeuvre or over mashed potatoes as a hearty main dish.
- Sweet and Sour Stir-fry Premium Recipe Protective Diet has made it possible to have delicious sweet and savory Chinese, without the thirsty hangover of oily, sugar filled, MSG laden takeout. The sauce is loaded with health promoting ingredients that boost your energy and satisfy your international taste buds.
- Sweet Awesome Sauce Premium Recipe This sauce is a mild heat-free version of the original Awesome Sauce. I didn’t want any kids or spice opposed PD peeps to be left out of the Awesome Sauce excitement. Like the original it is sweet with flavors of garlic, but free of the spice. I encourage you to start your hot sauce training with this sauce as a base. Add a small piece of chili increasing the amount with every batch and before you know it you will be experiencing the endorphin rush the Original Awesome Sauce provides.
- Sweet Garlic Chili Sauce Premium Recipe When sugar ruled my life, I dipped everything in this sweet and spicy sauce. I’m thrilled to be enjoying it again, free of the empty sugar calories and loaded with tangy flavor. Serve with Vietnamese Spring Rolls, steamed veggies with brown rice or use it as a dip for Oven Fries. Move over ketchup, Sweet Garlic Chili Sauce is back!
- Sweet Garlic Goodness Recipe This dressing is sweet and full-bodied without the use of oil or sugar. It's unlike typical salad dressings and completely aligned with the practice of a Protective Diet.
- Sweet Onion Vinaigrette Premium Recipe This flavorful and slightly sweet oil-free full-bodied salad dressing was created to dress up any salad combination for under 100 calories per batch. You heard it right! Under 100 nutrient dense calories per 16 ounces of delicious restaurant quality dressing. Oil-based salad dressing is an empty calorie weight loss setback. With this recipe I have created a delicious solution to eliminate salad dressing sabotage. Sweet Onion Vinaigrette's satisfying flavor and texture will encourage you to pour it on heavy, while you enjoy more salads, increase antioxidant protection and speedup your progress on a Protective Diet.
- Tabouli Salad Recipe This popular Middle Eastern salad is loaded with detoxifying parsley and bursting with the bright flavor of fresh lemon. Scoop it up with homemade Baked Pita Chips or stuff it into Soft Pocket Bread along with Protective Diet Hummus. Perfect to prepare ahead for quick and easy weekday lunches. This salad holds up beautifully in the refrigerator for several days.
- Taco Slaw Premium Recipe Fresh, crunchy and cooling would best describe this quick-prep flavorful slaw. This recipe transforms simple Protective Diet tacos from good to gourmet with just four inexpensive ingredients. Cabbage offers our cells serious protection, but it is one of the most overlooked values in the produce section. Pick up a cabbage this week. It will stay fresh in your fridge waiting for you to try this simple and delicious recipe. Perfect for your next potluck or taco tailgate. All you need is fresh tortillas, a can of oil-free refried beans and quick to prep Taco Slaw for an awesomely fresh Taco Party tonight.
- Tamale Pie Premium Recipe This family-style casserole is filled with hearty, Southwestern ingredients shaped into a savory pie. It’s simple to prepare, with spicy or mild options to please everyone. If you enjoy easy prep dinners with bold flavors, you’ll love PD Tamale Pie.
- Tartar Sauce Premium Recipe Creamy and delicious dairy-free Protective Diet Tartar Sauce is almost too good to be true. Enjoy this tangy spread layered on a Filet-No-Fish Sandwich or wake up your inner child and scoop it up with some Fish-less Sticks. Don’t stop there! Use it in place of PD House Mayo in the Mock Tuna Salad. Tartar sauce was always a fattening guilty pleasure for me. Now I enjoy it freely while I promote my immune system with a Protective Diet.
- Three Bean Salad Recipe This deli classic delivers all of the flavor without any of the oil and sugar of the original. Perfect served as a BBQ side dish, or pack it up as a delicious fast-prep work lunch.
- Tomato Cream Sauce Over Pasta With Spinach Recipe & Cooking Video I created this rich, creamy garlic sauce bursting with tomatoes and herbs to fill the void left by my all time favorite pasta dish, Rigatoni a la Vodka, from my favorite old neighborhood Italian restaurant in Chicago. The original dish was a weekly indulgence of mine and contributed to my heart disease and ongoing obesity. This version promotes the reversal of disease, elimination of obesity and total joy with the meal satisfaction of pasta covered in Tomato Cream Sauce.
- Tostadas Recipe These are easy to make, colorful, and work well for a party or a weeknight meal. Kids love to help layer them up and choose their toppings. Save hundreds of calories with this baked plant-based nutrient dense delicious Protective Diet version.
- “Tuna” Melt Premium Recipe Protective Diet perfected a deli style mock tuna melt with oil and dairy-free mayo, to satisfy the health and environmentally conscious sandwich lover. Remove the toxic contaminants from your tuna sandwich and help save our over-fished seas. This recipe is sure to please, with all the texture and flavor of the traditional deli classic. Protective Diet will not rest until you’re provided with all of your comfort food favorites to guide you to optimal health, while protecting our beautiful earth and the animals.
- Tzatziki Sauce Recipe This classic creamy garlic Greek condiment with fresh cucumber flavor is traditionally layered on Gyro Sandwiches. Enjoy Protective Diet's version that has fooled many into thinking it was the full fat original. Scoop it up with Homemade Pita Chips or layer it on PD Soft Pocket Bread filled with Protective Diet's top rated recipe for Gyro Sandwiches.
- Ultimate Plant-Based Mayo Premium Recipe Protective Diet sandwiches are now even better with this Ultimate Plant-Based Mayo which is so deliciously creamy, simple and inexpensive to make. I’ve enjoyed the PD House mayo and the PD Whipped Miracle Spread, but this version has become my absolute favorite. My taste buds have come alive after years of practicing a diet free of fats and sugars, and low in sodium. This version is creamier and milder, just like traditional mayo. I tossed this into Skinny Chick In Salad, topped a BBQ Burger, layered it on a Faux BLT, stirred it into a batch of Spinach Dip and spread it on a Green Burrito.
- Unfried Black Beans Recipe Oil is not needed with so much flavor and natural creaminess in these custom made "re-fried style” beans. These were the key to weight loss for a student who was accustomed to eating a traditional Mexican diet going through my four-week detox workshop.
- Unfried Rice Premium Recipe This recipe will have you tossing out your takeout menus. You will be enjoying all the flavors and satisfaction of Chinese takeout, but none of the oil and MSG. Add your favorite fresh veggies and make some of the best fried rice you’ve ever tasted.
- Vanilla Cupcakes Premium Recipe Protective Diet style birthday parties are sugar-free and totally on plan with these sweet golden personal cakes topped with PD Creamy Chocolate Frosting. Celebrate birth & life with the healthiest cupcake ever created. Birthday wishes do come true!
- Mushroom Gravy Recipe & Cooking Video This dark and flavorful gravy will complete your holiday feast or make a simple Sunday dinner something to remember. Ladle it over a Holiday Loaf or dress up your Smashed Potatoes. This gravy is sure to please everyone at your table.
- Vegetable Broth Premium Recipe Homemade veggie broth is easy and has great rewards such as cutting costs, reducing package waste, using quality ingredients, eliminating or reducing the sodium content. I have included a few tips on how to always have a stash of broth or ingredients to start a batch.
- Veggie Chili Recipe This is a classic Protective Diet starter recipe, perfect for beginners or young chefs. Invest fifteen minutes in the morning and toss the ingredients into the slow cooker, switch it on and arrive home to be greeted with the delicious aroma of the Southwest. There’s nothing better than arriving home to a hot pot of simmering chili ready and waiting to be enjoyed. Turn up the spice with the addition of jalapenos or keep it kid friendly and mild.
- Veggie Kebabs Premium Recipe Summertime meals on the grill are my favorite. I’ve come up with the perfect oil and sugar-free marinade that sticks to veggies and is loaded with flavor. Get some skewers ready and turn on that grill. It’s BBQ time!
- Veggie Soup & Dumplings Premium Recipe These dense and chewy dumplings are one of my childhood favorites. I can remember fishing for them out of a bowl of my mother’s homemade soup. Veggie Soup and Dumplings is a quick, simple, inexpensive, and perfect hearty, whole-grain home-cooked wintertime meal. If you are serving kids, skip the soup step and serve these dumplings topped with Protective Diet’s “Butter” Sauce or Mushroom Gravy. This is a perfect recipe to make when your pantry and refrigerator is bare and it is too snowy and cold to go to the market.
- Vietnamese Spring Rolls Premium Recipe Fresh and beautiful describes these little bundles of salad that you can eat with your hands. They are the perfect vessel to top with Peanut-less Peanut Sauce, Sweet Garlic Chili Sauce, or Awesome Sauce. Don’t be intimidated by this recipe, they are raw and there is nothing to burn. My technique video makes wrapping up a platter of rolls super easy.
- Whipped Lemon Fluff Premium Recipe The fluffy texture of this no-bake dessert reminds me of the Dream Whip creations I adored in the 70s. The fresh & light citrus berry flavor will have everyone lining up for a seconds. The ease in preparation, and health-promoting sugar-free ingredients will have you happy to oblige. Whipped Lemon Fluff looks impressive with the addition of a simple swirl and playful design. Layer up this fluffy light mousse in individual dessert cups, to make serving dessert easy.
- Whipped Miracle Sandwich Spread Premium Recipe It’s been years since I’ve tasted the tangy zip of Miracle Whip, because of its sugar, dairy and high fat ingredients. With a little innovation and creativity, it’s made its comeback, PD style! This PD mayo-style dressing offers everything I remember about this classic sandwich spread.
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread Recipe & Cooking Video This deliciously simple preservative-free Old World bread is easy and rewarding to make
- Winter Fruit Salad Recipe Learn how to supreme citrus fruit to increase you and your family’s intake of powerful grab and go antioxidants this winter with prepared seasonal fruit cups or jars. Finish your holiday feast or your next dinner party with a prep-ahead colorful, light and refreshing palate cleansing dessert your guests will remember.
- Yellow Lentil Soup Recipe This soup is a remake of my favorite Middle Eastern restaurant's house soup. It is bright in color and thick and rich, with warm flavors of smoked paprika and cumin. Although it is traditionally called lentil soup, it is made with yellow split peas. I always stock all the simple ingredients for this house favorite in my Protective Diet Pantry. Enjoy this soup in under an hour with the use of an electric pressure cooker or prepare it in a slow cooker and arrive home to an unforgettable dinner.
- Zesty Italian Dressing Premium Recipe I’ve created the best tasting oil-free salad dressing that is only 125 calories for the entire batch! This dressing is sweet without the use of sugar and has the body of an oil-rich vinaigrette. It’s the Protective Diet version of the Good Seasons Italian Dressing packet I grew up making in the 70’s. This one will have your kids asking for salad seconds. They're sure to be excited about anything you top with it. Enjoy this classic Italian dressing on garden fresh salads, deli style sandwiches or a pasta salad for your next BBQ. Go ahead and pour it on heavily and start eating your way to a slimmer, healthier you.
- Zucchini Bread Recipe This satisfyingly simple sugar free health bread recipe is a perfect treat served with tea or for breakfast. This guilt free recipe has been created for you to enjoy anytime you are hungry while practicing a Protective Diet.
- Unfried Zucchini Sticks Recipe These are a great starter to any meal or to serve as an indulgent tasting snack that is nutrient dense and surprisingly good for you. You will be impressed at how easy they are to prepare.
Please support the site
By clicking any of these buttons you help our site to get better