Class #310 – Using Bread Makers and Milling Whole Grains
This class will bring baking bread back into your kitchen. With the convenience of a bread maker, a simple process, and elevated ingredients, a fresh loaf of bread becomes a celebrated staple bursting with benefits for healthy microbes, cost savings, and food security.
- Engage in our official support group, Protective Diet Living (PDL). Join Live Chats & Coaching Hour for personal assistance.
- Shop www.protectivediet.com/bulk, an independent source for low-cost, high-quality PD staples in bulk.
- Take advantage of current savings on Protective Diet Plant-Based Broth Mix. Rising ingredient costs are forcing prices up.
|Grain Mill||Food Security||Microbiome||Epithelium||Short-Chained Fatty Acids (SCFAs)|
Action Steps for Fresh and Fluffy Homemade Bread
- Don’t Fear Baking Bread
- Most people are afraid of carbs, but we enjoy them in abundance on a Protective Diet.
- Fresh whole wheat bread is a delicious option for your perfectly balanced starch and veggie 50/50 plate.
- Additive and preservative-laden store-bought breads have toxic ingredients and misleading labels.
- Commercial frozen, sprouted-grain health breads are clean, but less desirable and very expensive.
- Protective Diet Education offers a variety of easy, whole grain, cost-cutting bread recipes and bread-featuring meal ideas.
- Get a Bread Machine
- A bread maker appliance allows you to make baking bread at the peak of summer without heating up the house.
- Lightly used bread makers are commonly available at second hand stores or listed by sellers online.
- Look for a model that has a wide, rectangular loaf pan, rather than a compact model with a smaller upright loaf.
- To keep your countertop clutter-free, consider keeping the machine itself in another room. Only the insert needs to be accessible in the kitchen. This bread can bake on your nightstand if needed. Fresh baked bread aroma, no oven necessary.
- Set Up an Easy Morning Baking Bread System
- After repeated testing, Julie Marie has perfected every step of the process. Her demonstration guides you to superior results with foolproof recommendations that differ from traditional bread maker recipe protocols. This recipe is very forgiving, but precise gram measurements are included for bakers who prefer to weigh each ingredient on a kitchen scale.
- Buy active dry yeast in bulk. Freeze it to extend the shelf life. Keep a small container of it in the freezer door for easy access.
- Protective Diet’s Bread Maker Whole Wheat Loaf Bread uses Jerry’s Organic Plant-Based Yogurt. Establish a yogurt making routine so you always have this essential ingredient on hand.
- Psyllium husk is a natural plant fiber that absorbs liquid ingredients producing a soft, light, tender, fully-baked crumb.
- Consider milling your own flour. Commercial whole wheat flour is not the same as freshly milled whole grain flour.
|Commercial “Whole Wheat” Flour|
|Is not whole grain—nutrients naturally degrade when grain kernels are cracked and exposed to oxygen. In order to stabilize flour for an extended stay on grocery store shelves, commercial processing removes some components, taking with them most of the vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber. Then, other ingredients are added to meet industry standards that allow it to be packaged, labeled, and marketed as “whole wheat” flour.|
|Freshly Milled Whole Grain Flour|
|Retains all of the nutrients of the whole grain in the exact proportions nature intended. Contains active fuel for healthy gut microbes and sourdough starter. Wheat berries and many other whole grains have a 30+ year shelf life, offering food security as well as intact nutrition. Invest in a countertop grain mill for perfect flour on-demand. The Komo Duett 200 is designed for convenience, power, speed, minimal clean-up, and countertop appeal. It can grind hard whole grains into coarse meals or fine flours, and includes a flaker for rolling softer grains like oat groats.|
- Fresh-milled whole grains benefit your microbiome. The foods we ingest don’t directly feed us. They feed our gut microbes, which ferment it, digest it, and produce short-chained fatty acids (SCFAs) as a by-product. These SCFAs become the fuel the body uses to repair, reduce inflammation, and tighten up the epithelium (the protective lining of all body cavities).
- When your fresh ingredients are down to just cabbage, carrots, celery, onions, and garlic, make Quickie Cream of Veggie Soup.
- Know your Fast Five meals. You can always have ingredients on hand for Scraps Soup or Quickie Cream of Veggie Soup.
- It’s mango season! Enjoy Fermented Mango Habanero Sauce and learn to slice and serve mangoes three ways.
- Bring romaine lettuce back to life—chop, soak in cold water in a salad spinner, spin dry, and place salad spinner in the refrigerator.
- Protective Diet Ferments are convenient, protective, pre-sliced vegetables in your refrigerator door.
| Quickie Cream of Veggie Soup Skinny Big Fat Greek Salad Bread maker Whole Wheat Loaf Bread Dessert: Adult Sipping Chocolate|
Busy Day Dinner Preparation Tips:
dinner is set. All you have to do is decide what soup and salad you want. Incorporate baking bread for a simple meal!
– Using a food processor to chop the vegetables will make preparing this soup
even quicker and fill your house with the inviting smell of fresh vegetables.
– Know the protection in your meal—in one bowl, this soup contains protection
from the allium family of vegetables, abundant plant fiber diversity,
sulforaphane from cruciferous vegetables, angiogenesis inhibitors from
soymilk, and piperine from black pepper, which boosts the bioavailability of
– Extend salad leftovers by tossing them with additional chopped lettuce.
– Enjoy dipping fresh baked bread in the salad dressing puddled in the bottom.
- Exciting meals like this one keep your practice of a Protective Diet sustainable to reverse and prevent disease.
- All of our recipes on a Protective Diet are health-promoting and nutritious. You can eat dessert before dinner if you want to.
- What’s most important is that you join me, get some inspiration, and truck along day after day, meal after meal, bite after bite, and sip after sip on a Protective Diet to reverse and prevent disease.
“This bread maker loaf is really my best friend.
I can assemble it in the morning, make a soup and salad
and dinner is done.”
|Choco Tonic||Veggie Reuben||Whole Wheat Loaf Bread|
|Rhubarb Crumble||Strawberry Rhubarb Buttermilk Buckle||Bread Maker Whole Wheat Loaf Bread|
|Fresh Herb Tea||No-Knead Brine Bread||Quickie Cream of Veggie Soup|
This class will bring baking bread back into your kitchen. With the convenience of a bread maker, a simple process, and elevated ingredients, a fresh loaf of bread becomes a celebrated staple bursting with benefits for healthy microbes, cost savings, and food security.Class URL: https://protectivediet.com/courses/protective-diet-education/lessons/baking-bread-using-bread-makers-and-milling-whole-grains-class-310/