Class #154 – Daily Application
This class shows how key Protective Diet kitchen systems come together to create one easy, satisfying go-to meal system that makes ordering pizza look inconveniently slow. Prime these efficient daily application principles at home for failsafe meals in short order.
- Engage in our support group, Protective Diet Living (PDL). Get inspired with fast, protective meal ideas.
- Shop www.protectivediet.com/bulk for many PD staples in bulk at low prices.
- Julie celebrates Tece’s testimonial and one year PD anniversary. Thank you for sharing and motivating others Tece!
|Batch Cooking||Meal Components||Fresh Restock||50/50 Plate Practice|
|Set Up for Success (SUS)||Lunch Packing||Search Box Dinners||Mindful Eating|
|Pantry Par Stocking System||Storing Herbs Technique||Sulforaphane||Exposure Therapy|
Action Steps to Easy, Satisfying, Go-To Meals
- Manage Simple PD Kitchen Systems
|Pantry par Stocking System||Fresh Restock|
|Keep your PD pantry stocked with staples such as pasta, rice and beans.||Restock your fridge and freezer with fresh staples and seasonal fresh sale items weekly.|
|Invest in Essential Kitchen Tools||Set Up For Success (SUS)|
|a High Speed Blender w/recommended 4-sided jaran Instant Pot = Julie’s “Life Changer”||Take an hour to make recipes that help you get prepared for the week, such as blending a salad dressing or sauce.|
- Make a Recipe Rotation
- Post recipes (or just the ingredient list, cook time & temp if you know the process) inside your cupboard doors.
- Stick to a handful of your favorite recipes and get really comfortable making them.
- Meal planning becomes glancing at your cupboard door and picking a recipe or checking in the fridge for a previously prepared condiment or meal component to build a meal around.
- On the weekend, or when you have a little more time, try a new recipe and add it to your rotation.
- A rotation with the following four categories will fit almost any situation:
Recipes for Set Up Day
|French Onion Dip||Daily Dressing||Sweet & Spicy BBQ Sauce||King Sauce|
|Creamy Ranch Dressing||Taco Sauce||Spices & Herb Vinaigrette||Ultimate Cheeze Sauce|
|No Fat Not Yo Cheeze Sauce||Pickle Relish||Ultimate Plant Based Mayo||Salsa Molcajete|
Recipes That Use Set Up Day Items
Meals that are quick to prepare using items from your Set Up Day.
|Pintos and Cheeze||Sneaky Greens Ultimate Mac n Cheeze||Fiesta Layer Dip|
|Mock Tuna Salad||Tamale Pie||Sushi Roll Bowl|
A greater investment than working out in the morning–set yourself up with something healthy to eat for dinner.
Meals you can set up in 20 minutes or less in the Pressure Cooker or Slowcooker before you leave for the day.
|Busy Day Chili||Chickenless Noodle Soup||Sloppy Jerry’s||Julie’s Beans|
|Cuban Black Bean Soup||Yellow Lentil Soup||Beans and Rice||Arrabbiata Pasta Dinner|
Recipes That are Fast From Start to Finish, No Set Up Required
Meals you can prepare quickly with a stocked pantry, a fresh restock and no previous planning. (Quick Prep category)
- Make A Meal Like This
- When you walk in the door, start a pot of water boiling.
- Take Ultimate Cheeze Sauce out of the refrigerator and place it, still in the jar, on the stove top to warm.
- Chop greens to maximize Sulforaphane development.
- Add pasta from your well-stocked PD Pantry to the boiling water.
- Add greens to the pot in the last few minutes of pasta cooking or steam them separately in the pressure cooker.
- Drain and return hot pasta and greens to the hot pot.
- Add soymilk or water to the Ultimate Cheeze Sauce to loosen it and pour over hot pasta.
- While it stays warm in the pot, quickly clean up any dishes made in preparing this meal so you can just eat and be done.
- Plate it up with desired add-ins: crushed red pepper, fresh diced tomato, chopped cilantro or parsley.
- Have family members set plates at the table. Meanwhile, box any leftovers for lunch tomorrow before you sit down.
- Wash out the pot. This is the end of your day. The last thing you want to do is come back to a pot caked with dried food.
- Put mixed salad greens into a big bowl and toss generously with dressing from your set up day for a simple side salad.
- Clean as you go with the goal of touching each item only once: use it, rinse it, and load it in the dishwasher or reuse.
- A double batch of dressing fits perfectly in a quart jar.
- Spike Spices & Herbs Vinaigrette with juice from Pickled Pepper Rings.
- Serve chopped, raw jalapenos with Cuban Black Bean Soup so individuals can add spice as desired.
- Cruciferous Vegetables: Chop cruciferous vegetables 40 minutes before cooking to maximize Sulforaphane production. If you don’t have enough time, reintroduce the needed enzyme by eating a raw radish or piece of raw broccoli w/your cooked greens.
- Most recipes will have a freezer friendly category linked to them if they freeze well.
- Leftover Busy Day Chili can be used as the base in Fiesta Layer Dip or Tamale Pie another day.
- If you need lunch for travel the next day, set up Beans and Rice after dinner in the Instant Pot. In the morning, make Taco Salad in travel containers using salsa and Salad Chips from your Set Up Day.
Q: What kind of knife sharpener do you use?
Q: Why do you set up two different cheeze sauces? How are they different?
Q: How do you turn off the Keep Warm function on the Instant Pot?
- These recipes will start to get familiar to you. They will pop into your head and you will know what to make. You will know what to buy when grocery shopping. You will know what the first step is because you have made it so many times. When you have a handful that you know by heart—that’s when life gets easy.
- All that matters is that you are sitting down to your PD meals and thinking ahead to make life easy when you are busy.
“I hope this gives you the ability to walk in the door, look at your 5-10 favorite recipes and throw a meal together, including lunch for tomorrow, in less time than it would take to call for delivery.”
This class shows how key Protective Diet kitchen systems come together to create one easy, satisfying go-to meal system that makes
ordering pizza look inconveniently slow. Prime these efficient daily application principles at home for failsafe meals in short order.