Class #262 – Rebuilding Our Immune System is our Social Responsibility
Protective Diet Class #262 Notes:
Rebuilding Our Immune System Is Our Social Responsibility
This class offers guidance for healthy people who are re-entering shared public spaces after prolonged sheltering-in-place or wearing of masks, gloves, and using hand sanitizers due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Those who are in high-risk categories should continue sheltering-in-place and taking all recommended precautions while strengthening their immune system with 100% application of a Protective Diet.
- Laura Noelle’s 30-day detox testimonial was shared.
- PD Broth Mix UPDATE: Due to COVID 19 disruptions, our co-packer is not able to produce this for us right now. Sorry for the delay. We had a 4-month supply that sold out in 3 days a little over a month ago.
|Microbes Endothelium Oxidative Stress||Day Fasting Antioxidants Phytochemicals||Free radicals Anthocyanin Lycopene||Functional Food|
Action Steps to Strengthen Your Immunity
- Healthy Sun Exposure
- Vitamin D from healthy sun exposure boosts an antimicrobial peptide in the lungs.
- 10 minutes at a time with protective beverages and a large surface area of exposed skin.
- Helps you absorb other nutrients in your food such as calcium. You can eat a ton of calcium in your food (leafy greens, etc.) and not absorb it because you are not getting enough Vitamin D from the sun.
- The Sun is your medicine; very important for optimal health–Get Vitamin D levels up to 30.
- Increase Healthy Microbes
- Reduce the use of disinfectants to restore your healthy microbes; just use soap and water.
- If you must use disinfectants wear gloves and a mask.
- Get outside: breathe fresh air deeply, touch grass and dirt, swim in the ocean, pet your dog.
- Allow yourself to be exposed to bacteria, viruses, yeasts, mold, E.coli, salmonella, etc. in very small doses (found on all shopping carts, conveyor belts, car steering wheels and door handles) so your healthy microbes can do their work.
- Increase Antioxidants to Combat Free-Radicals
- Antioxidants are our most powerful functional foods; when we ferment them they become even more powerful.
- Get colorful fruits and vegetables in your meals, more color=better (frozen fruit, citrus, dark grapes, tomatoes, papaya…).
- Beans and lentils–Eat small amounts if it’s too much fiber.
- Tofu, yogurt and soymilk are very powerfully protective with angiogenesis inhibitors that are going to help a ton if we have any cancer cells growing in our body. The yogurt is a double whammy–it’s a functional food because it’s fermented. The ferments are easier than you think and powerfully protective because they are helping to promote your gut microbiome.
- Nutritional yeast is easy to get into our diet. It is helpful, not only because it tastes cheesy and delicious, but because of the beta-glucan fiber it contains. It reduces upper respiratory infections for people that include 1 tsp. per day in their diet. It boosts your mood. It’s in Protective Diet Broth Mix which makes it easy to include daily. It turns on the immune system and turns it into a defense team.
- Shiitake mushrooms rally immune defenses when treating cancer with chemo. If they are using them with chemo patients to help them get through the most taxing thing on their immune system, I want them in my body.
- Day Fast 24 Hours or Less
- Get A Good Night’s Sleep
- Eliminate Alcohol
- Alcohol shuts down fat burn in our liver during weight loss. If the liver is busy with toxic food ingredients like alcohol, it can’t do what you want it to do in the process of weight loss.
Meal Idea: Julie’s Beans, Cornbread under Pressure, Slaw Sauce on shredded cabbage, Pico de Gallo
- Julie’s Beans demonstration
- Cornbread Under Pressure Tips
- Very Important: Use the recommended soufflé dish for the Cornbread Under Pressure so it’s the same size as that called for in the recipe. Use medium grind cornmeal.
- Pico de Gallo features DNA protective lime zest
- Get a micro plane grater—citrus zest is being studied heavily for skin cancer treatment and prevention.
- Reheat beans the next day for tacos:
- Warm tortillas over a gas burner or in a frying pan on the stovetop. Warm until they are just about crispy, then wrap the hot tortilla around a ferment tamper, Tamari bottle, or rolling pin and let it cool while wrapped. It will stay rolled like a soft taco shell. Serve with shredded lettuce, taco slaw, Pico, and chorizo, etc.
Student Q & A
Q: How Much Vitamin B12 should we take?
Q: How long should you wait to try day fasting if you are just getting started on a Protective Diet?
Q: Have you tried mushroom tea?
- It only takes 2 weeks of changing your diet to improve your immune system response.
- Every 10lbs improves your health dramatically.
“There is nothing I want more than for you to have success in your Workplace for Wellness and to love cooking because it’s producing results!”
- Zero Calorie Protective Beverages for fasting and healthy sun exposure:
|Flower Water||Blue Chai||African Red|
|Tuber Tonic||Caraway Coffee||Lemon rind in hot water|
Recommended Classes for More Information
This class offers guidance for healthy people who are re-entering shared public spaces after prolonged sheltering-in-place or wearing of masks, gloves and using hand sanitizers due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Those who are in high-risk categories should continue sheltering-in-place and taking all recommended precautions while strengthening their immune system with 100% application of a Protective Diet.Tagged with: Anthocyanin • Antioxidants • Day Fasting • Endothelium • Free Radicals • Functional Food • Lycopene • Microbes • Microbiota • Oxidative Stress • Phytochemicals
Class URL: https://protectivediet.com/courses/protective-diet-education/lessons/class-262-rebuilding-our-immune-system-is-our-social-responsibility/