Class #279 | Nutty Butter & The Noodle Bowl
This class showcases PD versatility, featuring Asian Style Spice Nut Vinaigrette, The Nutty Butter Yogi Bowl, Disappearing Salads, and Cruciferous Protection all from one foundational recipe. Inspiring fun, flavorful plant-based feasts is a Protective Diet superpower.
- Engage in our official support group, Protective Diet Living (PDL), to meet others achieving optimal health.
- Get customized coaching in Pre-Class Chat and Coaching Hour Live. Bring questions. Get answers.
- Check out the bulk buying recommendations in the Protective Diet Shop.
|The PD Groove,||Set Up For Success (SUS),||Workplace for Wellness,||Meal Satisfaction,||Capsaicin,|
Action Steps to Versatile, Satisfying Meals
- Apply Foundational PD Kitchen Systems in Your Workplace for Wellness
- Invest in Essential Kitchen Tools—a High Speed Blender is required. An Instant Pot makes the PD recipes and lifestyle easy.
- Set up your Kitchen for Efficiency—PD Condiments are formulated to fit in jars for organized & beautiful fridge storage.
- Stock Your Kitchen with Protective Ingredients:
- Start a Regular Rhythm of Set Up For Success (SUS)–Make Plant-based Yogurt. Learn to toast & blend grains.
- Trust the Recipes
– Read the recipe in full before beginning: Description, Ingredients, Directions, Notes & Pro Tips, and Serving Suggestions.
– Follow the ingredient list in order, dry followed by wet so you don’t have to wash measuring cups and spoons in between.
– Measure dry ingredients by scooping with the measuring cup and leveling off with your finger for a packed cup.
– Use Pyrex liquid measuring cups in recipes that do not require accuracy, such as measuring pasta water, not in baking.
- Clean As You Go–Touch it once. Rinse & reuse or load. The goal is an empty sink before you sit down to a pleasurable meal.
- Eat Fun, Flavorful, Protective Food Everyday
|Fat-Free Nutty Butter|
|Your stocked Protective Diet pantry has all the ingredients you need for Fat-Free Nutty Butter. SUS: Prepare finely blended toasted quinoa flour and oat flour in advance. Enjoy the aromatherapy! (No need to rinse the quinoa first) Boil more than 2 cups of water to allow for evaporation loss. It must be HOT to heat, swell & cook the quinoa grains. Measure accurately for a perfect ratio. Use the same measuring cups for both dry and wet ingredients. Do not use Pyrex. Whisk vigorously, using a Danish Dough Whisk to hydrate every grain of flour. Chill for a perfect texture.|
|Asian Style Spice Nut Vinaigrette|
|Your stocked Protective Diet fridge, freezer and pantry have all the ingredients you need for this recipe. SUS: Prepare Fat-Free Nutty Butter in advance. You may skip the chilling step when using Nutty Butter in this recipe. Train your eye to estimate a “fluffy” Tablespoon of the zested ginger root by holding your Microplane grater over a Tablespoon. Learn the difference between a large clove and a small clove of garlic. Fresh garlic can be spicy to young palates. Test the heat of the jalapeno before adding. Include all of it for added capsaicin protection and tingly lips. Encourage kids to emulate someone they admire who enjoys spicy food or playfully compete to be the bravest taster. Spicy food acceptance opens the door to the exciting flavors of international cuisine.|
|The Noodle Bowl|
|Even in need of a fresh restock, your stocked Protective Diet fridge and pantry have everything you need for this cold noodle bowl. SUS: Prepare Asian Style Spice Nut Vinaigrette in advance. Make optional Chopped Nutz. Cook spaghetti using the Pressure Cooked Pasta recipe. Rinse in cold water to separate using a steamer basket or colander. Top with any or all of these colorful, protective additions, sliced uniformly long and thin: carrot ribbons made with a vegetable peeler, red cabbage, celery sliced on a diagonal, red or yellow bell pepper, red radish, Chopped Nutz and Dry Steamed Kale. Skip the kale when feeding mixed diners. Add chopped, fresh cilantro instead. Toss in a big bowl with a generous portion of Asian Style Spice Nut Vinaigrette for a bounteous, yet money-saving dish.|
|Make this salad soon after Fresh Restock when baby mixed greens are crisp, and watch them disappear long before they go bad. SUS: Store rinsed, de-stemmed radishes covered with water in a jar. Prepare Asian Style Spice Nut Vinaigrette in advance. Make a colorful pile of delicate mixed greens, thick carrot ribbons, thin-sliced red cabbage, and thin-sliced red radish. Toss in a big bowl with a small amount of Asian Style Spice Nut Vinaigrette. Plate and garnish with Ruby Raw Kraut. Enjoy Disappearing Salads with your kids. Exclaim, “I love eating leaves!” while you devour it. They will imitate you. For a winter salad meal, serve this salad on top of a hot mound of brown rice cooked in PD Broth Mix or ferment brine.|
|When chopping a bunch of vegetables seems like work, make this easy punch of protection from long-lasting fresh PD staples. Separate a crown of broccoli into florets and slice a wedge of red cabbage. Rough chop cabbage if serving over hot rice.Place vegetables on a baking pan lined with parchment or a silicone mat. Optional: Add carrots, mushrooms, or onion. Bake on center rack in oven preheated to 450˚ for 20 minutes. Follow the guidance in the Roasted Broccoli with Lemon recipe. Option 1: Serve on a platter w/ Asian Style Spice Nut Vinaigrette as a dipping sauce for a starter or side that feels like a party.Option 2: Toss in a mixing bowl with Dry Steamed Kale and scant Asian Style Spice Nut Vinaigrette. Coat evenly. Serve over hot steamed rice as a Pro Bowl or as a roasted veggie side dish. Garnish with Ruby Raw Kraut and Probiotic Pickled Onions.|
|The Nutty Butter Yogi Bowl|
|You have everything to make this in your stocked pantry, fridge, and freezer. SUS: Fat-Free Nutty Butter, Sugar-Free Fruit Jam, Plant-based Yogurt, freshly toasted oats (Enjoy the aromatherapy!) Layer in a jelly jar, following guidance in the Oat and Yogurt Parfait recipe. Skip the chia seed. Example: Nutty Butter and Jam on the bottom, cacao nibs, yogurt, freshly toasted oats, and more yogurt. Repeat. Serve with an ice cream spoon. Have something like this ready and waiting to close your meal with contented satisfaction.|
- Give Yourself the PD Advantage During Times of High Stress
- The practice of a Protective Diet gives you control over your health when life seems out of control and you feel helpless.
- Don’t fall sick or weak in times when you need to be strong for your family. Eat to promote your wellness every single day.
- Always use a clean spoon when scooping yogurt to avoid introducing bacteria that will contaminate it.
- Wash your blender jar immediately after each use. Leaving it to soak can cause the gasket to deteriorate quickly.
- “Protein” of any kind on a food label indicates a food additive, not an ingredient. PD recipes do not use Bragg’s liquid aminos.
- Store the bulk of your fresh garlic bulbs in a cool place, such as a patio, or freeze separated cloves with skin on.
- White pasta is great. Choose what you prefer. Brown rice pasta is not superior in nutrition and may contain arsenic.
- Ginger Root Storage System: buy several, wash, air dry, bag & freeze. Keep the piece currently used handy in the freezer door.
|Q: How long will toasted quinoa flour keep in an air-tight jar?||Q: Do you peel ginger before freezing or grating?|
|Q: Do you like the White Whole Wheat Bread Flour in bulk?||Q: Do you consider semolina pasta whole grain?|
|Q: How long does PD Nutty Butter keep in the fridge?||Q: Do you break spaghetti noodles before pressure cooking?|
- I want you in the PD Groove and loving your food more than when you were on a standard diet because of the satisfaction and health results of slimming down, feeling good, and experiencing high energy. Get over the hump and you’ll be hooked.
“This is fun! This is a Protective Diet!”
|Whole Wheat Loaf Bread||Buttermilk Dressing||Epic Eggless Salad||Plant-based Etouffee|
|Buttermilk Ranch Dressing||Probiotic Pepper Sauce||Mock Tuna Salad||Fat Free Fredo|
This class showcases PD versatility, featuring Asian Style Spice Nut Vinaigrette, The Nutty Butter Yogi Bowl, Disappearing Salads, and Cruciferous Protection all from one foundational recipe. Inspiring fun, flavorful plant-based feasts is a Protective Diet superpower.Tagged with: Capsaicin • Meal Satisfaction • Set Up for Success • SUS • The PD Groove • Workplace for Wellness
Class URL: https://protectivediet.com/courses/protective-diet-education/lessons/class-279-nutty-butter-the-noodle-bowl/