Class #280 | Corn Crisps, PD Success, & The 50/50 Plate Practice
Protective Diet Class #280 Notes:
Corn Crisps, PD Success & The 50/50 Plate Practice
This class identifies common restrictive dietary behaviors that are totally unnecessary for sustainable success on a Protective Diet. Increase plant diversity to boost immunity and protection with delicious, exciting, satisfying meals you don’t even notice are salads.
- Engage in our official support group, Protective Diet Living (PDL). Join Live Chats & Coaching Hour for personal assistance.
- Shop www.protectivediet.com/bulk, an independent source for low-cost, high-quality PD staples in bulk.
- Julie shares 3 encouraging 30-day Detox Testimonials from Elissa, Lisa (on PDL), and Tara (on PDL).
|30 Day Detox||Restrictive Behaviors||Active Meditation||Polyphenols||Plant Fiber||Microbes|
|50/50 Plate Practice||Sustainable||Angiogenesis Inhibitor||Phytochemical||Chef’s Treats||PD Groove|
Action Steps to Sustainable PD Success
- Define Success
- Success is taking disease and obesity promoting foods out of the diet and keeping them out 100%.
- Celebrate all signs of healing such as: cooking success, weight loss, food cost savings, improvements in taste bud sensitivity, food enjoyment, energy level, skin condition, allergies, asthma, acid reflux, sleep quality, digestive regularity, reduced inflammation and pain, feeling full and satisfied, feeling peaceful, guilt-free, hopeful, educated and so much more.
- Success happens without gagging down salads, portion control, spending an entire day batch cooking, or exercise.
- The goal is 100% every day. Just eat whatever looks good. Keep it simple. Don’t worry about the 50/50 plate or exercise.
- Submit a testimonial to remember early successes long after this becomes your satisfying, creative, sustainable, natural life.
- Boost Protection: The 50/50 Plate Practice
- Continue the things that brought you through your 30-day Detox successfully. What gets you there, keeps you there.
- It’s what we remove that allows the body to heal and slim down, not what we add to our diet.
- You never have to visit the 50/50 Plate Practice if you don’t want to. Do not turn this into unsustainable eating.
- Please don’t overwhelm yourself with vegetables, veggie packing, veggie binging, veggie stuffing, veggie lame meals.
- The 50/50 Plate Practice adds protection and boosts immunity with plant fiber. It is not for faster weight loss.
- The more plant diversity we have in our diet, including a variety of whole grains, the better for our entire microbiome.
- Our microbiome is the foundation of our immune system: protect it, build it, strengthen it, & expose it to a variety of foods.
- Include fruit in your 50/50 plate—add citrus or apples to salads in winter or eat fruit with your dessert.
|PD Recipes that Already Pair a Satisfying Starch with Protective Fruits and Vegetables|
|Fat-Free Nutty Noodle Salad||Egg Roll Bowl||Soups & Stews||Zesty Noodle Bowl|
|Sushi Roll Bowl||Pro Bowl||Chop Suey Salad||Yogi Bowl|
|Asian Style Kale||Ah-Ha Poke Bowl||Chili Salad||Dry Steamed Kale add-in|
- Make It Delicious & Sustainable
- Do things that make it enjoyable and help you get into the groove. Add salt to your crackers. Eat Breakfast Brownies.
- Salt makes this sustainable. A Protective Diet is a low sodium diet. Include salt in recipes and top with a light sprinkle of salt if desired. If lower sodium is necessary, leave salt out of recipes that specify it as “optional” and top w/salt to taste only.
- Over time your taste buds will become more sensitive and you will no longer need to add as much salt.
- It’s about lifelong sustainability, not losing weight faster. Focus on making it delicious, exciting, fun and sustainable.
- Do what it takes to keep you on plan. Include things that really satisfy you. Eventually you will not be as attached to those foods because they will not have an addictive hold on you like traditional sugar, salt and fat do.
- Do not toggle back and forth between a standard diet & a totally restrictive plant-based diet without flour, salt and sweet.
- Make this deliciously sustainable every day, every meal, and every bite. It’s got to be delicious, exciting, fun, protective and effective. The effective part is doing it every single day for the rest of our life without feeling deprived, even on holidays.
- A Protective Diet includes recipes for every special occasion to make this consistently sustainable all the way to your goal.
|A Meal Example with Optional Protective Layers|
|Total Success||50/50 Plate||Green Action||Condiments, Beverages & Treats|
|Keep disease causing foods out||Boost protection & immunity||Add more hydration & fiber||Make it exciting, fun & sustainable|
|A hot bowl of Cream of Chick’N Soup “a hug in a bowl”||Add a chopped salad like Slang Jang and scoop it up with Corn Crisps or Chips||Stir in a handful of finely chopped baby greens, add a layer underneath or pair with Dry Steamed Kale.||Add anti-oxidant polyphenols in the form of herbal beverages and protective sweet treats. Your microbes will thrive!|
- Save money. Do not buy “gluten free” unless you have Celiac disease. You will pay more for products packaged as “gluten free”.
- Whole wheat is the champion of all grains. Do not avoid gluten. Keeping it out of the diet can make you more hyper-sensitive.
- Measure cornmeal by scooping directly into the bag and pressing against the side for a level, packed cup.
- Use the same measuring cup for cornmeal and boiling water for a perfect wet:dry ratio in your Corn Crisps.
- Treat yourself to this outstanding onion powder for cost savings and huge flavor impact in all your PD recipes.
- Enjoy the active meditation of evenly spreading oil-free batters. Think joyful thoughts as you smooth the warm, soft dough.
- Cut Corn Crisps into any size variation, from small Frito-like rectangles to large flatbread-like squares, depending on their use.
- Clean as you go. Clean food residue off pans with a little baking soda and a scrub brush. Fat-free foods come off easily.
- Use wide mouth jars for food storage ease, and for Plant-based Yogurt containers that fit nicely in the Instant Pot.
- Remove label and repurpose 20oz. Tamari bottles as personal protective beverage containers for sturdy, portable hydration.
- Label bottled beverages using a sharpie marker; erases easily with vinegar or when washed in the dishwasher.
- Hydrate throughout the day to feel better: Mint + Green Tea, Tuber Tonic, Hibiscus + Butterfly Pea flowers brewed together.
- Improve food satisfaction by avoiding chef’s treats as you prepare your meal, and by finishing your meal with something fun.
|The Apple Pie Nutty Butter Yogi Bowl From the Fridge: Plant-based Yogurt, Fat-Free Nutty Butter From the Pantry: Toasted Oats or Stovetop Granola Make Apple Pie Filling and let it cool. Layer across 6 jelly jars. Repeat layering. Enjoy with an ice cream spoon as a delicious end to a satisfying meal.||Granola||Repeat®®®|
|Apple Pie Filling|
Q: My oven rack doesn’t have a center position. Do you recommend baking in the position just above or just below center? (13:30)
Q: Where did you get the plastic lids for your jelly jars? (1:10:30)
- Don’t run a marathon out of the gate and then quit. You’ve got the whole rest of your healthy life ahead of you.
- There is nothing I want more than everyone’s success in this community. I want you to have it all. We all deserve to be the healthiest person in our friend circle. We all deserve to get the credit of being a walking billboard of health.
- Doctors treat our lifestyle and dietary choices with medication to preserve our life. I urge you to make these dietary and lifestyle changes and follow through fulltime, so you can be your own health advocate instead of being forced to do what someone else suggests. Be an example of health to be free to make any choice you want when faced with a freak diagnosis.
“Get the PD advantage. Make it delicious. Make it exciting. Make it fun. It will be effective every time for everyone. Results are typical!”
|Quarantine Crackers||Hushpuppies||Favorite Fries||Tuber Tonic|
|Plant-based Cheeze-It Crackers||Nice Cream Sandwiches||Probiotic Pepper Sauce||Blue Chai|
|Spices & Herb Cracker Mix||Breakfast Brownies||Horsey Sauce||Flower Water|
This class identifies common restrictive dietary behaviors that are totally unnecessary for sustainable success on a Protective Diet. Increase plant diversity to boost immunity and protection with delicious, exciting, satisfying meals you don’t even notice are salads.Tagged with: 30 Day Detox • 50/50 Plate Practice • Active Meditation • Angiogenesis Inhibitor • Chef’s Treats • Microbes • PD Groove • Phytochemical • Plant Fiber • Polyphenols • Restrictive Behaviors • Sustainable
Class URL: https://protectivediet.com/courses/protective-diet-education/lessons/class-280-corn-crisps-pd-success-and-the-50-50-plate-practice/