Class #290 | Fitness Support: High-Energy Fuel, Build Muscle, & Get Shredded Fast
This class features shredded zucchini with workout tips that boost natural growth hormone production and fat burn for a lean, muscular body composition minus the processed proteins and energy drinks pushed by the fitness industry. Let’s get shredding!
- Engage in our official support group, Protective Diet Living (PDL). Join Live Chats & Coaching Hour for personal assistance.
- Shop www.protectivediet.com/bulk, an independent source for low-cost, high-quality PD staples in bulk.
|Human Growth Hormone||Chronically Fed State||“Blood Sludge”||Epithelium||Neurotransmitters|
|Taste bud Evolution||Ketosis||“Healthy Fats”||Insulin||Gut Microbes|
Action Steps for Fueling Your Fitness
- Achieve Your Diet Goals First
- 30-Day Detox & Tastebud Reprogram—eat your way through cravings. Eat on-plan foods whenever you feel like eating.
- After Detox Goal–get out of the Chronically-Fed State to allow your body to heal, repair, slim down and reduce body fat.
Stop the Snacks—no more grazing all day long. Sit down to breakfast, lunch and dinner truly hungry. You will feel better.
Address Emotional Eating—evaluate yourself: Are you eating because you are cold, tired, bored, lonely, sad, avoiding work or trying to get through an undesirable activity by adding the pleasure of eating? Eat for energy and protection.
Eat Intentionally—remove cues that cause you to eat mindlessly. If the hand-to-mouth reflex is sabotaging your goals, make it harder to eat. Adding steps that require effort removes the immediate reward, creating new mindful habits:
– Bananas on the counter—peel, cut, freeze, and enjoy as a Frosty or stop buying them altogether for a while.
– Apricots on the counter—freeze or make them into an Apricot Crumble and anticipate a delicious dessert.
– Stop using the microwave—it’s harder to acknowledge you have eaten a meal when food is prepared so quickly.
– Make your meal spectacular—experience eating for total enjoyment. Feel good while eating and tasting your food.
– Evaluate and make changes—take notes on how you feel. Make adjustments with the goal of feeling your best.
- More Goals that Support Lean Fitness
Sleep Soundly— eliminate alcohol, caffeine, sugar and any other stimulants to improve sleep.
Manage Stress—manage stress with activity. Find things that bring you joy and do them throughout the day.
Get Healthy Sun Exposure—sunlight helps produce Human Growth Hormone (HGH) along with a host of other benefits.
Populate Healthy Gut Microbes–add plant fiber. Plant fiber (like kale) is a prebiotic for healthy gut microbes, who digest it and produce short-chained fatty acids (SCFAs), which are anti-inflammatory and used to repair our epithelium/gut lining preventing allergies, viruses, etc. Start with white pasta and gradually move to whole wheat. Start with white rice and gradually increase fiber with brown rice. Healthy microbes will quickly populate and produce neurotransmitters that help you feel good and make the right choices for what is for dinner. They populate even more when you stop the snacks or fast.
- Hydrate Strategically
- Combat oxidative stress (of the sun and life in general) with calorie-free, phytochemical rich beverages throughout the day.
- Don’t confuse hunger w/thirst—when dehydrated, or salt-deficient, our body signals hunger so we rehydrate with food.
- Hydrate before your morning walk/workout to refresh and prevent hunger signal confusion.
- Brew a quart of Flower Water concentrate in the morning. Strain into a 2qt. beverage pitcher. Add water to top. Chill.
- Pour into repurposed glass tamari, vinegar or juice bottles, purchased glass beverage bottles or 22oz. jars for portability.
- Flowers can be re-brewed 2-3 times, and then saved and added to Plant-Based Carnitas or the countertop compost bin.
- Brew dried or fresh mint in a quart of hot water. Strain into a bottle and chill for a spectacularly flavored refreshment.
- Brew fresh rosemary in a quart of hot water. It turns pink. Strain into a bottle and chill.
- Protective Diet Recipes are low-sodium. If you choose to eat less salt or eliminate it completely, consider including some fermented foods to prevent false hunger signals.
- Workout Smarter, Not Harder
- 1 to 3 months into your practice of a Protective Diet & Lifestyle, you could add an exercise component that feels good.
- Blood Flow–eat a Protective Diet fulltime for thin, fat-free blood that rapidly transports oxygen.
- Be aware that the fitness industry markets products that keep you fat and struggling—powders, supplements, shakes, goos, electrolytes, sports drinks, powerbars–extracted, isolated nutrients are damaging and unnecessary for a shredded body.
|How to FUEL your workout Workout on an empty stomach. Food does not provide immediate energy. It causes insulin production which leads to lethargy. Hydrate instead.||Goal: Move My Body|
|– Get a solid night’s sleep to promote HGH. – Workout in the morning before breakfast. – Try new things to find an exercise you like.||– Fuel well the night before. – Your dinner is still available for fuel. – Hydrate during exercise.|
|Goal: Get Shredded|
|Encourage HGH production: – Get a solid night’s sleep & healthy sun exposure. – Do High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) – Day Fast: HGH production steadily increases between the 15th and 24th hour of day fasting. – Strength train right before your feast, when HGH production peaks, for fastest muscle building. – a 15 min workout 2x/week will get fast results.||Encourage Fat Burning (train fasted): – Fuel well the night before. – Answer hunger signals with a beverage. – You will not burn fat if there is fuel in your system. Let your body switch to fat-burning mode instead of refueling. – You will burn stored body fat for energy after food fuel is burned off|
|Goal: Be an Endurance Athlete|
|Encourage Fast, Smooth Blood Flow: – Pounding pocket sized peanut butter packets is going to produce insulin and slow you down. – Drink pure coconut water as an electrolyte.||Encourage Fast Recovery: – Keep fat out for fastest recovery. – Promote HGH to build muscles. – Hydrate strategically. Eat fruit.|
- Remove flowers from cilantro growing in the garden to prevent it from going to seed. Cilantro flowers are edible.
- If you have a lot of summer tomatoes, make one of the easiest ferments on a Protective Diet, Fermented Salsa.
- Wash and store zucchini and summer squash in a re-usable zipper bag in the refrigerator to prevent them from becoming limp.
- Put pasta on the bottom, followed by water, then zucchini when making Summer Spaghetti. Stir vigorously with a dough whisk.
- Protective Diet Broth Mix is more affordable than boxed vegetable broth and superior in flavor to all broth.
- Look for/grow small crookneck yellow zucchini. Eat it raw when it’s young and tender for a delicious preparation variation.
- Follow the recipe using “sneaky zucchini” (yellow zucchini) when making Summer Spaghetti for diners with aversion to greens.
- Best Advice: “Never take it ALL to the party!” Always put a little aside for yourself in case you are hungry after the party.
- SUMMER MEAL IDEA: sweet and savory starter platter, Summer Spaghetti, Dry-Steamed Kale, watermelon and Fruit Crumble
– Dessert: Individual pretty plates or a party platter of Thin sliced chilled watermelon and fresh apricots or Apricot Crumble.
– Main Dish: Summer Spaghetti (made with penne pasta) with Dry Steamed Kale or grape leaves. Assemble in the Instant Pot and start cook time while diners are enjoying the starter platter. Quick-release pressure, season, stir and serve with a side of Dry Steamed Kale topped with Probiotic Pepper Sauce. Variation: Mix Dry Steamed Kale or frozen peas into cooked pasta.
Q: Can you use frozen zucchini to make Summer Spaghetti? (36:35)
- Comment below this class and let me know how you feel when you stop the snacks, hydrate and exercise on an empty stomach.
“We are so beyond fitness industry marketing. We know what we need to be healthy.
We need to eat well and have an active life.”
This class features shredded zucchini with workout tips that boost natural growth hormone production and fat burn for a lean, muscular body composition minus the processed proteins and energy drinks pushed by the fitness industry. Let’s get shredding!Tagged with: Chronically Fed State • Epithelium • Gut Microbes • Healthy Fats • Human Growth Hormone • Insulin • Ketosis • Neurotransmitters • Taste bud Evolution • “Blood Sludge”
Class URL: https://protectivediet.com/courses/protective-diet-education/lessons/class-290-fitness-support-high-energy-fuel-build-muscle-get-shredded-fast/