Class #321 | Slimdown & The Beauty Broth Hot Pot Demo
A Protective Diet will free you from chronic illness AND chronic fullness. This is a weight-loss-focused class to support the Beauty Broth Hot Pot Slimdown Challenge. Julie Marie demonstrates her daily dinner prep to inspire self-care in your workplace for wellness.
- Engage in our official support group, Protective Diet Living (PDL). Join Live Chats & Coaching Hour for personal assistance.
- Shop www.protectivediet.com/bulk, an independent source for low-cost, high-quality PD staples in bulk.
- Take advantage of current savings on Protective Diet Plant-Based Broth Mix.
|Psychological Hunger||Polyphenol||Phytochemical||Microbes||Prebiotic||Plant Fiber Diversity|
Action Steps for Feeling Lighter
- Address Physical Cravings
- Get through the first 30 days on a Protective Diet by eating through physical hunger pains. These sensations are caused by unhealthy microbes (which survive on dairy, oils, fats, sugars, food additives, processed/fast foods, etc.) dying. They are sending messages from your gut to the brain through the Vagus Nerve saying, “Eat junk!”
- They will signal every few hours because they need constant feedings of junk in order to survive. The good news is they die off fast. Just like cancer cells, they are the weaker cells in our body. Healthy microbes can go days without food.
- When you experience physical cravings, eat! But eat Protective Diet Recipes. Check out the recipes in the Quick Prep or Getting Started categories and keep it simple. Make a Frosty. If you’re cold, make Breakfast Brownies.
- Address Psychological Cravings
- After 30 days on a Protective Diet, we are past physical withdrawals and cravings. It’s time to address psychological hunger.
- Review the 2-Step Self-Awareness Practice:
- Acknowledge sensations, like physical discomfort, or emotions that trigger the thought of food.
- Figure out what you truly need, and take action. Comfort yourself properly.
- Reach for warm protective beverages instead of warm food when you need a change. Change your environment. Add a sweater. Change your energy. Take a nap or go for a walk.
- In order to stop struggling with that last 10 pounds, you’ve got to address it. The way to address it is to address the real reason you are turning to healthy food instead of what you really need.
- Address the Causes of Metabolic Slowdown
|Chronic Stress||Sleep Depravation||Sedentary Indoor Lifestyle||Shallow Breathing|
|If your mind or body is constantly stressed, resident microbes will live in “survival mode” to conserve resources.||Leads to hormone disruption, cravings, belly fat, and reduced overall fat loss. Get into a sleep routine.||Lymph is sluggish leading to toxin build-up, constipation, insulin resistance, low energy, and a weak microbiome.||Cells that lack oxygen absorb nutrients poorly. Fast, shallow breathing causes anxiety, tight muscles, etc.|
|Dehydration||Toxin Exposure||Overconsumption||Rushed Eating|
|Metabolism occurs at the cellular level. Dehydrated cells cannot create and burn energy efficiently.||Get cleaning and personal care products that list fragrance as an ingredient out of your house. It taxes your liver and lungs.||Overeating regularly is taxing on the body. Eat things that make you go “mmm” with satisfaction.||Shoveling in food while working, standing, watching stressful programming, or not chewing food thoroughly.|
|Chronic Detox||Feeling Alone||Create Peaceful Routines||Exercise & Get Outside|
|The body is constantly filtering off-plan foods, chemical food additives, alcohol or medication.||Engage with supportive people. Sharing space with others boosts our resident microbes.||So you can live at a pleasant pace and care for yourself every day.||Especially in spring, summer & fall to boost our microbial population. In winter, pet dogs to get healthy microbes.|
- Get in a Groove of Daily Self-Care in your Workplace for Wellness
- Brew a protective beverage in the morning. Julie Marie enjoys Mint with a pinch of Japanese Green Tea. The polyphenols and phytochemicals in PD Beverages are a prebiotic treat for healthy microbes. Re-strain with hot water throughout the day.
- You may want to assemble Breadmaker Whole Wheat Loaf Bread, check ferments, make a salad dressing, or rinse sprouts.
- To kick off dinner prep, pour yourself a warm beverage. Work at an easy, comfortable pace as you anticipate a delicious meal.
- The Beauty Broth Hot Pot is a wellness ritual. Use it as a warm meal starter to enjoy your vegetable consumption in the winter.
- Make your Hot Pot as delicious as the rest of your meal. Julie Marie’s favorite ingredient combination includes one cup of water, Protective Diet Broth Mix (gets functional foods like Turmeric & Shitake Mushrooms into the daily diet), Salt, Pepper (the Piperine in pepper makes other ingredients more bioavailable), Garlic, Onion, Celery, Carrots, a slice of Hot Pepper, Parsley & tender parsley stems, and any other vegetables she has on hand, like Yellow Bell Pepper, Summer Squash, & Broccoli.
- Use a “Y”-mouth vegetable peeler to thinly shred cabbage. Place a mound on top of your Hot Pot as a warm, crunchy garnish.
- As you chop vegetables for your Hot Pot, layer some in jars for future Hot Pots, and create raw side salads to go with dinner.
- Every raw vegetable has its own microbiome which directly populates into our system when we eat them. Plant diversity is key.
- Changes you may notice: The Beauty Broth Hot Pot may slow you down and help you eat more mindfully; as you prime your system with this warm, layered salad, you may be inspired to follow it with a cold salad. One healthy practice leads to another.
- Record progress in your Calendar of Achievements. Write about good things you experience and any changes you notice.
- Rebrew the same Green or Black Tea leaves. By the second brew, they are naturally decaffeinated.
- Let Breadmaker Whole Wheat Loaf Bread cool completely before cutting. Cooling time is an important part of baking.
- Measure flour for PD Recipes by scooping and leveling each heaping scoop with your finger. Use dry measuring cups for liquids.
- This glass Hot Pot dish is traditionally used for cooking ramen noodles. Use gently on a small burner at medium-low heat.
- Cook oil-free Ramen noodles in your Hot Pot—pour boiling water over them and let them sit for 6 minutes. Drain.
- Salt—Protective Diet is a completely unprocessed, low-sodium diet. Do not fear the salt. Eliminating salt completely can have a negative effect on overall health, causing hunger hormone signaling & making the diet so bland that it becomes unsustainable.
- If you are new here, introduce yourself! The more you interact with us in the classroom and live chats, the more support you will receive and the greater your success will be. If you have been quiet and keeping to yourself—stop it! Engage with us.
- I’m here every week to inspire you either live or with an archived class, to throw in the inspiration and be an example. You know where I started off and you know where I am today and how long I’ve maintained it. Inspiration leads to motivation.
- If you’re feeling alone, we’re here for you with a friendly, loving community that is ready to encourage anyone who reaches out.
- Take “before” pictures! After three months of a changed activity, we become unrecognizable. Weight loss on a Protective Diet is an average of 10 lbs/month. If you have 100 lbs to lose, and you follow the recipes, you will be 100 lbs lighter in 10 months. If you have just 10 lbs to lose, you have one month. Follow through as I suggest every single meal and your results are guaranteed.
- Get rid of all the voices giving conflicting health advice. Cook with me in your ear so I can inspire you to sustainable success.
- Spend time with the things you want in your life. Notice the clothes you want to slip right into. Everything will fit very soon.
“Experience freedom from chronic fullness.”
|Creamy Mashed Potatoes by the Pound||Instant Pot Kids Spaghetti||Instant Alfredo|
|Breadmaker Whole Wheat Loaf Bread||Old-Fashioned Toasted Oat Cookies||Instant Tomato Cream Sauce|
|French Onion Dip||Applesauce||7-Day Sauerkraut|
A Protective Diet will free you from chronic illness AND chronic fullness. This is a weight-loss focused class to support the Beauty Broth Hot Pot Slimdown Challenge. Julie Marie demonstrates her daily dinner prep to inspire self-care in your workplace for wellness.Class URL: https://protectivediet.com/courses/protective-diet-education/lessons/class-321-slimdown-the-beauty-broth-hot-pot-demo/