Class #001 – Starting a Protective Diet
Welcome to Protective Diet Education! This class will outline the paved, proven path to optimal health. We are practicing nutritional intervention using food to heal our cells, reverse disease and eliminate obesity. Here you will not only learn the “why” of eating a plant-based diet, you will also master the “how” using application systems designed for everyday ease and fast results, without struggle. By engaging in this premium programming, you are going to do more for your health than going to the gym ever did.
- Familiarize yourself with the Protective Diet Education Class Schedule. The Schedule is based on North American Central Standard Time (CST) because PD-Ed was born in Chicago. Convert to your time zone and set up your own reminders to begin your success story.
- Join our support group, Protective Diet Living (PDL). This Community is more than eager to assist you!
Calendar of Achievements
Set Up for Success (SUS)
Workplace for Wellness
Baggy Clothes Syndrome (BCS)
Action Steps to Getting Started
- Prioritize Your Endothelium
- PD is a diet and lifestyle designed to promote optimal health with the protection of our endothelium.
- Every time you eat an off-plan food, it’s a slam to your endothelium and your body has to focus on correction instead of healing. What if your body could focus on healing disease and disfunction instead of healing from the curly fries you ate in the car on the way home?
- Make this your top priority for the next 30 days! Improving your overall health will improve your whole life.
- Organize a Few Things–Do NOT wait until you feel completely organized to get started!
- Give yourself a day/time every week to focus on your PD practice and progress with your health goals.
- Start setting up your Workplace for Wellness
To enjoy Protective Diet recipes, you will need:
-Wide-mouth mason jars—recipes are formulated to fit in mason jars
–Instant Pot—optional, but a “game-changer”
- Start your Calendar of Achievements–Note your start date, weight/pant size, any changes in the following:
Detox symptoms, taste-bud evolution, energy level, and mood
Weight Loss—when eating a diet for optimal health, you will naturally achieve your ideal body weight
-Average weight loss is 10lbs/month, but it comes off in clusters, NOT at an even monthly rate.
-Weight fluctuates during detox. Do not be discouraged by the number on the scale.
-RECOMMENDATION: only weigh in once a month or toss the scale altogether!
Disease Reversal–You need this documentation so your medications can be adjusted by your doctor
WARNING! If you are on high blood pressure medication, know that blood pressure drops rapidly (within 1 week) on a Protective Diet. Dizziness may result. Take precautions!!
-Document relevant health markers: total cholesterol, morning blood sugar levels, blood pressure
- Mobilize—Take Action! You will feel the change before you understand the change. Start enjoying the benefits now!
- 30-day Detox and Taste Bud Reprogramming
-Just focus on getting through the next 30 days and the rest of it will unfold.
-Use the Recipes to eat through cravings.
-Enjoy PD food! There is no guilt eating this way! Eat anything on the website in ABUNDANCE!
-Whole foods may taste flat for the first 2 ½ weeks while your taste buds return to their original setting.
- Stock your Protective Diet Pantry based on recipes that appeal to you
-Try some recipes. If you like them, stock up on those pantry staple ingredients. These become “go-to” recipes. Print and put the recipes inside your cupboard door. Find a breakfast and 5 fast favorites you can rotate through as you learn.
- Actively Participate in Class—Live Video Class, Pre-Class Chat, Saturday Morning Live Coaching Hour
- Customize Your Education—Get into the Archives
- Watch the classes that draw you in; let your understanding grow as your body shrinks and heals.
- Search by keyword or 3-digit class number (001, 002…035…126, etc.) in the red search box in the
- Immerse yourself in the “how” of a Protective Diet with the Cooking and Application Systems classes.
- If you are lost, reach out in any of the chats for personalized guidance. I am always there to assist you.
- Optimize Your Health with the Guide to Optimal Health
- When you are ready, progress to the next level of practice:
- 50/50 plate–Add in more colorful fruits and vegetables loaded with protective antioxidants
- 21-Meals to Mastery—reset your natural calorie tracker
- Optional: Stop the Snacks Challenge—get started with mindful eating
- Optional: Add Fermented Foods—promote a healthy gut microbiome
- Optional: Day Fast and Feast—combat oxidative stress and promote autophagy
Student Q & A
- Please see the Frequently Asked Questions
- I urge you to stick to it for the first 30 days. I want you to feel successful. All of the tools are here!
- You CAN achieve satisfaction and sustainability on a low-fat, plant-based, Protective Diet!
- You might be diagnosed with something “irreversible”, but if you are eating a diet for optimal health you will get relief and stop disease progression, if not totally reverse it. This is more powerful than any medication you are taking, I guarantee it!
- By this time tomorrow, you are going to be 24 hours healthier than you are right now!
“You always have total control over what goes into your mouth. Every single meal is a choice to either progress with your health, or regress and stay in a struggling state of constant correction.”
Recommended Classes for Your First 30 Days
Welcome to Protective Diet Education! This class will outline the paved, proven path to optimal health. We are practicing nutritional intervention using food to heal our cells, reverse disease and eliminate obesity. Here you will not only learn the “why” of eating a plant-based diet, you will also master the “how” using application systems designed for everyday ease and fast results, without struggle. By engaging in this premium programming, you are going to do more for your health than going to the gym ever did.Tagged with: Alkaline Food • Baggy Clothes Syndrome • BCS • Calendar of Achievements • Dry Browning • Endothelium • Food Additive • Herb Box • Inflammatory Disease • Optimal Health • Set Up for Success • Step 1 • SUS • Visualization • Workplace for Wellness
Class URL: https://protectivediet.com/lessons/02-class-01-starting-a-protective-diet
There was a problem reporting this post.
Please confirm you want to block this member.
You will no longer be able to:
- See blocked member's posts
- Mention this member in posts
- Invite this member to groups
- Message this member
- Add this member as a connection
Please note: This action will also remove this member from your connections and send a report to the site admin. Please allow a few minutes for this process to complete.