Class #244 – Back To The Basics 2019
This class reviews the foundational practices of a Protective Diet for fast results from the inside out. Everything we do is designed to heal and protect at the cellular level, strengthening the endothelial barrier that prevents disease. A smooth endothelium means fast blood flow benefiting the heart, muscles, brain, immune system and everything in between.
- Engage in Protective Diet Living (PDL). Reach out. Do not isolate. We are dying to get to know you. We are here for you.
- Shop www.protectivediet.com/bulk for many PD staples in bulk at low prices.
- Julie congratulates Tece for being a walking billboard of health and celebrates her son’s successes on a PD.
- Add your testimonial to our testimonial page to encourage others.
|Endothelium||Disease Promoters||Saturated Fats||Capsaicin|
|Nitric Oxide Production||Cancer Fertilizers||Sugar Bombs||Lacto Fermentation|
|Angiogenesis Inhibitors||Vitamin Supplementation||Meal Satisfaction||Taste bud Reprogram|
|50/50 Plate||Mindful Eating||Stop the Snacks||30 Day Detox|
Action Steps for Fast Results From the Inside Out
- Heal Cells: Detox & Tastebud Reprogram
- Know your “why” and what you want to achieve. Forecast your testimonial. What you expect, you will experience, always.
- Remove all disease promoters from your diet–fats (oils, animal products, nuts, avocado, coconut, flaxseed), sugars (including juice, syrups and dried fruits), coffee, food additives, vitamins and supplements.
- Keep them out long-term, full-time, 100%. Your body is designed to heal itself. It’s what you take out, not what you add in that finally allows it to stop correcting and start healing the foundation of your immune system, the endothelium.
- Stay 100% on plan for the first 30 days and the results will be so enjoyable you will want to commit to the next 30 days.
- NOTE: Vegan does not mean “healthy”. It means it doesn’t contain animal products. Most foods labeled “vegan” contain fats, sugars and additives. Consuming them means you are protecting the animals at the expense of your own health.
- Use Protective Diet Education recipes as your guide for what to eat. This program is designed so you don’t have to think about what you are doing. Just follow the recipes–only use what is in the recipes–and healing will happen. Achieving your ideal body weight will be automatic. Read the entire recipe. Education is included in each section. Green words are links to images for ingredients or tools new to you, as well as a marketplace for the highest quality products at the best price.
- Eat through cravings—while your body is flushing toxins, you will get cravings. Congratulate yourself, “Look at how much my body is taking care of that’s why I’m feeling kind of bad, but once I get over this hump I’m going to feel fantastic and the rest of my life on a Protective Diet is downhill from here.” Eat on-plan foods whenever you want. Do not restrict.
- Tastebud reprogramming is critical to make this sustainable—if you keep fats and sugars out of your food, your taste bud receptors will stop searching for them. Fruit will taste amazing. Fat-free foods will taste full and flavorful, not flat. If you reintroduce fats and sugars, it will take up to 30 days to regain your appreciation for fat-free foods. Protect your taste buds.
- Stock your PD pantry. Watch the recommended PD-Ed classes to learn the PD Kitchen Systems that make this easy.
- Know Your Fast Five. These are recipes you are very familiar with that come together in 30 minutes or less, no prep needed.
- Protect Cells: 50/50 Plate Practice
- After detoxing, start adding more protective fruits and vegetables to your meals following the 50/50 plate guidance.
- Take a vitamin B12 supplement. Even those on a standard American diet are deficient in vitamin B12, which is found in soil.
- Engage in the PD-Ed Classroom and Archives to learn even more about the protection included in this diet and lifestyle.
- Social Engagement—make your home the place you socialize. It is such a fun social life because very few people cook anymore and those who do, don’t have creative things going on in their kitchen like we do and they are very interested. Feel free to share the hundreds of free videos and free recipes on www.protectivediet.com with your friends who are curious.
- Recycle Cells: Mindful Eating
- Stop the snacks to improve food satisfaction at mealtime and to balance caloric intake with your body’s calorie needs.
- Answer false hunger signals by staying hydrated with Protective Beverages prepped ahead in glass bottles for visual appeal.
- Add fermented foods for greater nutrient absorption and to promote cellular recycling.
- Meal Idea: Cornbread Under Pressure, Slaw Sauce & Watermelon
- This meal is perfect for when you are down to scraps in your fridge. Cabbage and carrots keep for a long time so save them for last, right before your fresh restock. Use tender greens first and save the heartier vegetables for later in the week.
- Jar your own dry mixes for cornbread, cake, crackers and beverages such as Choco Tonic. Great activity to do with kids.
- Get the recommended soufflé dish for use in the Instant Pot. It is used in several recipes. You could use it every day.
- The best way to toss slaw is with your hands. Dress it up with fermented veggies and hot sauce.
- UPDATE: Cornbread Under Pressure does not need a foil covering. See the recipe for updated guidance.
- UPDATE: The Instant Pot Steam Reheating Technique gives guidance on reheating leftovers in the Instant Pot.
- Julie demonstrates a unique way to cut watermelon into skinny, space-saving slices for a fun, beautiful presentation.
- Cut watermelon as soon as you get it home while it’s nice and crisp. It will get soft and mushy if you leave it on the counter.
- When serving guests use Sour Cream Dream or Greek Soy Yogurt for faux sour cream.
- Strain out the tea leaves in brewed beverages before storing them in the fridge. They will mold.
Q: Should I adjust spice amounts in recipes if I’m using a tofu block labeled 16oz rather than 14oz?
Q: Can you use the Instant Pot to reheat leftovers?
Q: Have you ever considered fermenting watermelon rind?
Q: If my blood work shows no deficiency in vitamin B12 do I still need to take the supplement?
Q: How long do PD Beverages store in the refrigerator?
Q: Can I add sparkling water to tea?
- You want to eat optimal meals, but don’t do it to the point that you hate your food. Big bowls of greens that you have to force yourself to eat are not part of a Protective Diet.
- If you hate cooking right now, I promise, if you set up your workplace for wellness step-by-step like I show you, it makes this a lot of fun. It makes it a joy to be in the kitchen.
- On a Protective Diet your food quality is unmatchable at a restaurant. You will no longer be excited about going out to eat.
- I never feel bad about not offering guests soda or beer. They are at my house for a healthy foodie experience and they love it!
- We are living our best life. Every day we are doing things for betterment. I am doing this right along with you.
“If I represent what you want to achieve, cut out all the noise of other diet programs. Get conflicting messages out of your life. For the fastest route to goal achievement, follow along with the program. It will guide you right to where I am today.”
This class reviews the foundational practices of a Protective Diet for fast results from the inside out. Everything we do is designed to heal and protect at the cellular level, strengthening the endothelial barrier that prevents disease. A smooth endothelium means fast blood flow benefiting the heart, muscles, brain, immune system and everything in between.Tagged with: Step 1
Class URL: https://protectivediet.com/lessons/class-244-back-to-the-basics-2019