Free Class #268 – Mind Games: Self Awareness & Celebrating Success
This class introduces the Daily Love Bubble gratitude practice as a way to acknowledge your accomplishments and shout out joy in a community that cheers you on. Everyone experiences mind games at some point on their journey. Learn to prevent self-sabotage and surround yourself with a bubble of gratitude and support to make a joy-focused shift.
- Join us in Protective Diet Living (PDL) to get support and encouragement on your path to optimal health.
- Julie shares Wendy’s Progress Report—an inspiring example of how celebrating success brings more success.
|Self-Awareness||Angiogenesis Inhibitors||Shower of Thanks||PAR Pantry Stocking System|
|Self-Sabotage||Calendar of Achievements||Daily Love Bubble||Anthocyanin|
|Day Fast||Plant Diversity||Fermented Food||Phases of Recovery|
Action Steps for Managing Your Mind & Generating Joy
- Know the “Rules of the Game”
- Weight Loss Average is 10lbs per month, when a Protective Diet is applied 100% daily.
– Expect your body to release weight in chunks rather than in precise 10lb monthly increments.
– Do not get discouraged if you lose less this month than you did last month.
– Discouragement leads to self-sabotage. Trust that it is happening exactly as it should.
- There are three phases of recovery:
– Phase 1–we are in the problem
– Phase 2–we love the search for a solution—on and off diets & never follow through
– Phase 3–we finally follow through & results happen fast
- The “Now what?” Mind Game
– We get bored because we are so accustomed to striving. Now what?
– We have been obsessed with the same routine for so long. Now what?
– Our nature is to keep trying. Now what?
- Stop and Celebrate Your Success
- Release yourself from constant striving. You are no longer trying to lose weight/reverse disease.
- Acknowledge your success. You have reached Optimal Health. Celebrate your health every day. Relish it.
- Take a picture of where you are in your progress. You will be amazed at your continuous evolution.
- Continue with your practice, incorporating more and more protective foods:
|Increase plant diversity||Make a new recipe|
|Add fermented foods||Exercise for cardiovascular health and muscle strength|
- Do not expect others to acknowledge your victory:
– Friends and family cheer you on in times of struggle because they are loving and supportive.
– Once you start succeeding, they may not celebrate, because they can’t relate or feel uncomfortable.
– The perception of others is not an accurate measurement of your success:
Q: “You are getting so skinny. Are you sick?”
A: “Not anymore.”
– Reference your BMI instead of the perceptions of others. It will give you concrete feedback.
- Increase Self-Awareness
- Eat for True Hunger–do not use food as a way to cope/numb when experiencing stress/changes; feeling: sad, isolated, tired, cold, disappointment, pain; FOOD IS NEVER THE ANSWER. Do you really need a food pacifier?
- Have High Energy Options—when you have a lull in energy, food will not give you immediate energy. It will lower your energy due to insulin release. Do not be afraid of an empty stomach. You will burn your body fat as energy.
- Drink a PD Beverage–Cold energizes, Warm comforts and soothes. Calorie-free if day fasting.
- Mention Things Out Loud to increase your self-awareness, “I ate the last bagel and I didn’t need it.”
- Keep it out to keep it off–If you are at a standstill in your weight loss, who cares? Don’t slip things back into your diet.
- Document any changes in your practice in your Calendar of Achievements so you can easily troubleshoot.
- Day Fasters–Review the Day Fast and Feast Guide and note ways you may have side-stepped.
- When your body transitions to “fat burn” you may think about food. Get out of the kitchen, so you don’t self-sabotage.
- Engage in the Daily Love Bubble Practice
- You are invited to write what you are grateful for under the daily love bubble post in Protective Diet Living (PDL) to generate joy and love in your time of uneasiness, whether that is due COVID 19, stress of going back to work, or the change of adopting a protective diet.
- Expressing gratitude is healing, connecting, shifts your mind and invites more joy into your life—similar to prayer.
- This is your positive, successful community of focused people that produce life-changing results; a space where you are going to get high fives, claps, cheers, and excitement; no one challenging or doubting your practice.
- Take a shower. Shout out names of people/opportunities/simple things you are thankful for=Shower of Thanks.
- I want to see and share your joy.
- To get the last bits of erythritol or cocoa powder from the bottom of the bag, invert the bag into the newly opened bag.
- Make yogurt at night so your Instant Pot is available during the day for cooking.
- Yogurt thickens each time you use yogurt as your starter rather than the powdered starter packet. The bacteria will populate.
- Incubating longer does not thicken yogurt, it changes the taste, not the thickness.
- At 8 hours yogurt is done and least tangy. At 10 hours it gets tangier, like sour cream or crema.
- Use 2 tsp. yogurt/quart as a starter. Using too much will cause the new mixture to separate due to over population.
- Yogurt will stay fresh for months if you don’t open it or cross contaminate it. A pink tinge indicates cross contamination.
- Keep a small container of yogurt in the freezer to use as a starter if you need a fresh starter.
- Use a silicone spatula so you don’t crack the jar, or lid and shake instead of stirring to incorporate yogurt throughout soymilk.
- Dragon Munch recipe is coming up and also uses puffed corn so get that in your kitchen.
- Cut watermelon right away. It will be crunchy and crisp. If you leave it on your counter, it will get mealy and mushy.
- Select the biggest, heaviest watermelon you can carry. It will have the most water in it. No knocking necessary.
- Add frozen fruit to your cereal to chill the soymilk if you just opened a new carton off the pantry shelf.
- Freeze figs and grapes. It will pace you when you are eating them.
- If you are going through surgeries or other crisis, eat grapes and yogi bowls as simple meals to get through it. All fruit meals have so much protection. Do not feel like you are missing anything. It’s not what you eat on PD that heals you. It’s what you take away that allows your body to heal with unbelievable speed.
- I am so grateful for my knowledge and understanding of nutrition and how to cook and make it fun and exciting for myself and how to build a community that is going to support my practice right along with theirs.
- Eating a Protective Diet is magical. We are giving ourselves everything to promote protection and health. We are taking away all the disease fertilizers and the obesity promoters. If we keep these things out fulltime, we are going to get there.
“When you are having a health struggle, you need a love bubble.”
|Plant-based Yogurt||Sugar-Free Cocoa Puffs||Chop Suey Salad||Mix n Mac||Kids Spaghetti|
|Preserved Lemons||Sugar-Free Stovetop Granola||Chia Seed Jam||Blue Chai||Yogi Bowl|
|Corn Tortillas||Spices and Herbs Vinaigrette||Cream Cheeze||Plant based Etouffee||Everything Bagels|
This class introduces the Daily Love Bubble gratitude practice as a way to acknowledge your accomplishments and shout out joy in a community that cheers you on. Everyone experiences mind games at some point on their journey. Learn to prevent self-sabotage and surround yourself with a bubble of gratitude and support to make a joy-focused shift.Tagged with: Angiogenesis Inhibitors • Anthocyanin • Calendar of Achievements • Daily Love Bubble • Day Fast • Fermented Food • PAR Pantry Stocking System • Phases of Recovery • Plant Diversity • Self-Awareness • Self-Sabotage • Shower of Thanks