Class #269 – Getting Comfortable Enjoying Delicious Food
Protective Diet Class #269
Getting Comfortable Enjoying Delicious Food
This class demonstrates how to enjoy delicious food every day. Extreme diet trends prescribe eating bland, nutritious food daily and rewarding yourself occasionally with indulgent foods that develop obesity, inflammation and chronic disease. A Protective Diet invites unrestricted daily celebrations of delicious, fun, protective foods that reward you with optimal health and sustainable results.
- Join us in Protective Diet Living (PDL) for the strong support system you need to achieve your goals.
- Join us in Saturday Morning Live Chat for personalized guidance on the application of a Protective Diet.
- Check out Nini’s testimonial where she celebrates Bread, Butter Sauce and her amazing 90-day results on a Protective Diet.
- Add your own update to the Protective Diet Testimonials Page to document your exciting transformation.
|Food Awareness||Binge||Set Up Day||Detox|
|Food Satisfaction||Workplace for Wellness||Chef’s Treat||50/50 Plate|
|Food Freedom||Endothelium||Meal Anticipation||Playing Around PD (PAPD)|
|Natural Deficit||Plant Diversity||Gut Microbiome||Nitric Oxide|
Action Steps for Freely Enjoying Delicious Food
- Enjoy Unrestricted Amounts of Protective Foods Daily
- Extreme diet trends of restriction with occasional indulgence are not sustainable.
- We use food to soothe/celebrate and that is not likely to go away without a sustainable lifestyle change.
- A common diet pattern = Eat kind of healthy®indulge in damaging foods®eat a big bowl of broccoli to make up for it
- With PD, your family will see you celebrating healthy foods daily, rather than being remorseful over guilty indulgences.
- Protective Diet foods are delicious, protective and low calorie, enabling a complete lifestyle change with sustainable results.
- There are no PD Recipes that you can only eat once in a while. It’s very black and white: Jump in 100% and enjoy it all.
- Natural Deficit– If you binge on PD foods, you will lose your appetite and naturally compensate by eating less next time.
- Portion favorite starches in smaller containers to avoid becoming so full you cannot enjoy your salad and dessert.
- Focus on What You Are Actually Eating
- Kettle Corn is traditionally reserved as an occasional indulgence. PD Kettle Corn is 100% whole grain corn. Enjoy daily.
- PD salad dressings are water/bean based, infused with plant diversity and protective spices/herbs. Pour them on liberally.
- While enjoying your PD House Mayo with PD Prosciutto and PD Pickles you are actually eating beans, rice and cucumbers.
- It’s what you take out, NOT what you add in. Adding some greens to a standard diet will not result in a health advantage.
- Protective Diet foods mimic indulgent favorites, without fats, sugars, animal products, nuts, dried fruits or food additives.
- Every PD Recipe passes the test—does not damage the endothelium—and is loaded with protective plant fiber.
- Create Delicious, Festive, Protective Meals
- Increase food awareness by engaging the senses in food preparation—using a microwave can short circuit this.
- Daily food preparation is an essential part of anticipation, appetite, food enjoyment and meal satisfaction.
- Learn PD Food Prep Techniques and Storage Systems for readymade plant diversity that can be added to meals with ease.
|Storing Herbs Technique||Nice Cream Scoop & Store Technique||Set Up Day||Quick Pickling|
|Fermentation Techniques||Making Plant-Based Yogurt||Toasting Grains & Blending Flours|
- Make room for a variety of satisfying starches, including desserts, and both cooked & raw vegetables within each meal.
- You don’t have to eat straight beans every day. Tofu and soymilk are also beans. Buttermilk Ranch Dressing is beans.
- Hydrate with protective Beverages throughout the day. Dehydration can cause hunger cravings.
- Chew greens instead of drinking them as a smoothie. Chewing action mixed with saliva produces Nitric Oxide which widens blood vessels, increasing blood flow and reducing inflammation.
- Recreate leftovers into something appealing: chilled Cheater Baked Potatoes can become Buffalo Potato Wedges arranged on a platter with crisp celery sticks and individual dipping cups of Buttermilk Ranch Dressing.
- Meal Idea: Julie demonstrates preparing a “Salad Week” meal, brimming with plant diversity, crunch and hydration using a Cheater Baked Potato base, topped with Escabeche brine, Plant-Based Yogurt and a saucy chopped salad “relish”, including how to serve it up tableside with ferments, skinny watermelon, Sugar-Free Kettle Corn, Classic Chocolate Nice Cream and Fruit Newtons for dessert. A similar, but less detailed meal demo can be found here.
- Julie demonstrates making Sugar-Free Kettle Corn in the Instant Pot as a fun starch to accompany any meal.
- Erythritol is antioxidant rich and absorbs into your system, unlike other sugar alcohols. See the FAQ for more information.
- Consuming a lot of erythritol in one meal may make you thirsty.
- Make oat flour with a High Speed Blender. Blend 3 cups of oats at a time to stock up on oat flour.
- #1 rule in our Workplace for Wellness (besides having fun) = Clean as You Go.
- Invest in an air popper to make popcorn, especially if you are feeding kids.
- Air Fryers dry out food, so use the oven to reheat foods you want to keep moist.
- Remove PD Nice Cream from the freezer 1-2 hours before you want to eat it. Defrost in the fridge.
- If you are baking in a toaster oven, lower the temperature by about 15 degrees because the heat is closer to the food.
- There is no need to wash romaine lettuce that is tight and clean. Check for dirt. If there is no dirt there is no need to wash it.
- Always make the premium version of a recipe rather than the free version. The premium version has been updated/improved.
Q: What is the best way to make popcorn?
Q: Why don’t you use a microwave?
Q: Can you freeze leftover Creamy Chocolate Frosting?
Q: Do you eat salad every day on a plant based diet?
Q: What kind of onions do you ferment?
Q: Is there a time we should stop eating before we go to bed?
- The food is so good. That’s what makes this sustainable. Results are inevitable.
- Get organized so it’s fun to be in your Workplace for Wellness because this room is going to give you every advantage in life.
- I want you to experience the food freedom that I experience. Don’t PAPD. Go all in. You deserve this.
“Get over the fear of eating.
On a Protective Diet there are no foods you can only have once in a while.
There are no drinks you can only have once in a while. There are no desserts you can only have once in a while. Enjoy festive, delicious PD food in abundance every day.”
This class demonstrates how to enjoy delicious food every day. Extreme diet trends prescribe eating bland, nutritious food daily and rewarding yourself occasionally with indulgent foods that develop obesity, inflammation and chronic disease. A Protective Diet invites unrestricted daily celebrations of delicious, fun, protective foods that reward you with optimal health and sustainable results.Tagged with: 50/50 Plate • Binge • Chef’s Treat • Detox • Endothelium • Food Awareness • Food Freedom • Food Satisfaction • Gut Microbiome • Meal Anticipation • Natural Deficit • Nitric Oxide • PAPD • Plant Diversity • Playing Around • Set Up Day • Step 1 • Workplace for Wellness
Class URL: https://protectivediet.com/lessons/class-269-getting-comfortable-enjoying-delicious-food PDF Embedder requires a url attribute