Class #283 – Melt & Bake Cheeze Pro Tips
This class is full of pro tips for steaming, applying and baking Melt & Bake Cheeze on pizza, nachos, quesadillas, tuna melts and casseroles bringing you cheezy success on a Protective Diet. Imagine a diet that keeps getting better…and this is just the beginning.
- Reach out in Protective Diet Living (PDL) to get support from the PD community.
- Attend the Saturday Morning Live Coaching Hour and Pre-Class Chats to get personalized guidance.
- UPDATE: Protective Diet Plant-Based Broth Mix is back in production after COVID delays and will be available soon.
Pro Tips for Real Cheese Performance
- Have a Ready Supply of Cheeze in Your Pantry
- Prep this cheeze in 2 minutes with staples regularly stocked in your Protective Diet pantry.
- Create a Yogurt making system in your Workplace for Wellness to make this cheeze an everyday option.
- Buy Tapioca Starch in bulk for a long-term supply of Melt & Bake Cheeze and several other Protective Diet recipes.
- Avoid Making Gelatinous Cheeze
- Read the recipe in full before beginning: Description, Ingredients, Directions, Notes, and Serving Suggestions. Every step in this innovative recipe is essential and each suggestion is included to help you achieve the best results in the simplest way.
- Master 3 key steps to take this Cheeze from a gelatinous texture to firm, lightly browned and slightly crisp perfection.
|Whisk, Steam, & Whisk Again Essential Tools: Instant Pot, steamer basket, 4-cup glass measuring pitcher, your favorite sturdy whisk. Pour 1 cup of water in the Instant Pot bowl–generates steam. “Burn” indicator later means you forgot to add water. Measure and WHISK Cheeze ingredients in a 4-cup glass measuring cup, recommended because: It has measuring marks, a shape that allows for thorough whisking, and it transfers in/out of the Instant Pot easily. Do not use your soufflé dish–it does not have a round bottom that lends itself to whisking.Any round-bottomed, oven-safe bowl will work, but test results were consistently best with a 4-cup glass pitcher.Place measuring pitcher in steamer basket or on a rack in pressure cooker. Follow recipe guidance to STEAM-melt Cheeze.Quick release pressure using a pressure valve steam diverter. Use hot mitts or grippers to remove from pressure cooker.WHISK vigorously again to smooth lumps and incorporate any starch that settled. At this stage, Cheeze is pourable.|
|Apply From the Top Center Out Cheeze must be the top layer for exposure to direct heat that enables it to firm up. It is NOT suitable for inner layers.Pile Cheeze on the top center of your casserole, tortilla, pizza or sandwich and spread evenly outward toward the edges.Coverage recommendation–Use enough Cheeze to avoid a paper-like texture from spreading too thinly.Harder to apply when thick. Thicker Cheese may be caused by steaming it in a bowl instead of a 4-cup glass pitcher, not quick releasing or letting it sit too long after steaming. Chilled leftovers are very thick and require smashing to spread.|
|Bake For Sufficient Time Oven baking is KEY to real cheese performance.Bake time varies depending on the temperature and moisture level of the food beneath the Melt& Bake Cheeze layer.|
|Quick Reference Baking Chart|
|Meal||Bake Time & Temp||Coverage||Tips|
|Casserole or Enchilada Topper||400˚ for 30 min.||8×12 casserole||Broil for 3-5 minutes for extra browning|
|Flatbread Pizza (oven-baked only)||450˚ for 30-35 min.||1 pizza||Make a double batch for 2 personal pizzas|
|Open-Faced Sandwich||450˚ for 8-12 min||4 slices bread||Broil for 3-5 minutes for extra browning|
|Nachos or Tostadas||400˚ for 8-10 min.||8 corn tortillas||Do not burn chip edges by baking too long|
|Quesadillas (stovetop)||“Low & slow”, medium heat||Use leftovers||Until tortillas are lightly toasted & cheeze firms|
- Enjoy Limitless Combinations
- The possibilities are endless with this Cheeze. Share how you are enjoying it in PDL or leave a review below the recipe.
- Watch Julie demonstrate six familiar comfort food favorites with layers of protection and plant diversity to get you started:
- Zesty Italian Dressing—skip the fresh bell pepper or use diced, dehydrated red bell peppers for convenience and eye appeal.
- Real Plant Based Mayo uses Kala Namak black salt—an Indian salt from a sulfuric sea that provides an egg flavor.
- Chipotle Salsa and Fresh Tomato Salsa are pantry ready salsas that use additive-free canned or boxed diced tomatoes.
- Add protection to soups with a few handfuls of fresh spinach. Let it wilt down on the “Keep Warm” setting in the Instant Pot.
Student Q & A
Q: Can I put the Cheeze on the crust and the veggies on top? (42:15)
Q: Should the “Steam” function be set to Less, Normal or More? (44:30)
Q: Does the Cheeze on a leftover reheated casserole turn out well? (44:50)
Q: Should you reheat leftovers in the oven or using the Instant Pot Steam Reheat Technique? (47:20)
Q: When steaming the Cheeze in a glass bowl, do you cover it? (1:00:48)
- You are adding a tasty layer of angiogenesis-inhibiting Genistein to your oven-baked meal with this cheeze.
- If you are walking away from the dinner table hungry on a Protective Diet you are doing this all wrong.
“We’ve got cheese independence! If you’re struggling on the fence with giving up real cheese or that oily, fatty vegan cheeze, make this.”
|#276 Mastering PD Cooking Techniques featuring Plant-Based Stroganoff|
|#266 Homemade Tortillas & Pro Tips for Perfect Chips|
|#281 Making Perfect Yogurt|
This class is full of pro tips for steaming, applying and baking Melt & Bake Cheeze on pizza, nachos, quesadillas, tuna melts and casseroles bringing you cheezy success on a Protective Diet. Imagine a diet that keeps getting better…and this is just the beginning.Tagged with: Allium Family • Anthocyanins • Gelatinous • Genistein • Independence
Class URL: https://protectivediet.com/lessons/class-283-melt-bake-cheeze-pro-tips