Class #293 | 48-Hour Fast: Plan & Prep Guide
This class is Part One of a 3-part Fasting Support Series designed to kick start your day-fasting practice. Understand the Who and the Why, along with an overview of the process so you can start enjoying the extreme benefits of fasting coupled with a Protective Diet.
- Engage in our official support group, Protective Diet Living (PDL). Join Live Chats & Coaching Hour for personal assistance.
- Shop www.protectivediet.com/bulk, an independent source for low-cost, high-quality PD staples in bulk.
|Day Fast and Feast||Epithelium||Food Satisfaction||Autophagy||Beneficial Microbes|
Action Steps for 48-Hour Weekend Fast Preparation
- WHO Should Fast
- Underweight—if are not food-focused and tend to fall underweight on a Protective Diet, continue grazing, snacking between meals and boosting your calorie intake. Get some bananas in the freezer and make yourself a Frosty every night.
- Diseased—if you are in a diseased state that requires food taken with medication, focus on practicing a 100% Protective Diet to reverse disease and eliminate medication before starting a fasting practice.
HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE WARNING: If you are on blood pressure medication, please stay close to your doctor so you can make medication adjustments as you go. Day fasting will decrease blood pressure quickly. Stay off ladders to prevent a fall.
- 30-Day Detoxing—it is very important to eliminate food cravings first. Watch class #260 Day One on a Protective Diet.
- Practicing a Protective Diet Fulltime 100%—you will experience the benefits of fasting without the struggle of food cravings
– taking synthetic vitamin supplements is taxing on the liver and prevents it from performing autophagy/cellular recycling
– eat your vitamins in whole food form. Whole foods are perfectly packaged with everything you need including fiber.
– Vitamin C—found in fruits, vegetables and even potatoes
– Vitamin D—biosynthesized from healthy sun exposure in conjunction with protective herbal beverages
|WHY Fast 10 Reasons to Take a Break From Digestion for 24 to 48 Hours|
|1||Prevent Disease—#1 Health Hack! Fasting is the most effective way to prevent and reverse disease. Reduce Inflammation— most disease is inflammatory & anti-inflammatory response to fasting is fantastic.|
|2||The Perfect Reset—Clean-up or kick-start your day fasting practice. Experience true hunger and meal satisfaction. Fasting paired with a Protective Diet delivers a double dose of multiple benefits in a manageable daily practice.|
|3||Anti-Aging—cleans up debris in the brain & strengthens brain connections that signal word generation. Dementia Prevention—neurological clean-up is intense after 24-hours of fasting, improving cognition/focus.|
|4||Gut-Healing—starve bad microbes/promote good microbes that thrive on a break from digestion + a PD feast. Eliminates “Leaky Gut Syndrome”—because of natural anti-inflammatory healing effects on the epithelium.|
|5||Autophagy—cellular healing and recycling. Removes waste material from cells. Shifting into ketosis promotes new cell production, which heals DNA and promotes longevity.|
|6||Strengthen Immune System—smooths the endothelium and tightens the epithelium for superior virus protection. Eliminates radiation damage on healthy cells DURING radiation. Initiates a cascade of protective mechanisms.|
|7||Spiritual & Emotional Awareness—connect inward and upward, promote a body-mind-spirit-connection. Feel feelings instead of covering them up with food. Increase awareness–colors, smells and tastes intensify.|
|8||Heighten Energy & Focus—energy increases at 16 to 20 hours of fasting. Take Back Your Time—cooking once a day leaves more time to focus, organize and be productive.|
|9||Muscle Development—get a shredded, cut, muscular physique without food withdrawal challenges. Human Growth Hormone production increases promoting muscle building and giving you a youthful look.|
|10||Body Fat Reduction—metabolism boosted for fast fat burn. Typical weight loss on a Protective Diet is 10lbs/month when averaged over the months from start to goal. Day fasting can reduce unwanted fat in half the time.|
- WHAT is The Plan
Pre-Fast—Eat a Starch-Heavy Meal on Thursday Night
- Eat on Thursday night at the time you want to break your fast on Saturday. Hunger hormones will signal at that time.
- Eat a 50/50 plate. DO NOT eat a carbohydrate-light meal. Fibrous starch balances our electrolytes and slows digestion.
– Keto flu occurs when people eat a low-carb diet. Electrolytes are low = Racing heartbeat/dizzy/shaky.
– Eating only veggies and fruits will have a diuretic effect causing you to release more water than usual.
– Without starch your body releases fluids quickly. The loss of water = unprepared to go without food for 48 hours.
- Prepare Fresh Herb Teas for the next two days—loaded with polyphenols and anti-oxidants that protect you while you fast.
Day 1—Make a Productivity List to Accomplish on Friday
- Abstain from all food. Drink a variety of herbal beverages. Avoid caffeinated beverages.
- Stay off the internet. Stay off of food sites and groups you are a part of so you do not get triggered.
- Stay out of the kitchen and away from food that taunts you and haunts you.
- Enjoy the surge of energy—have a list of things to accomplish: refresh your bedroom, clean your closet, etc.
- Plan what you will do at your normal eating time–watch a non-food related PD-Ed Class or two.
- Going to bed without dinner is an unfamiliar feeling. Do things to soothe and settle yourself—take a warm bath with Epsom salts. Layer up with extra clothes because you will be colder than usual as your body burns body fat to stay warm.
Day 2—Plan to Take it Easy on Saturday
- You may feel more sluggish on day two. Plan to take it easy.
- Spike your herbal beverages with a little bit of salt to keep from diluting electrolytes.
- Plan a gentle fast-breaking-meal—no high fiber, veggie-packing meals—you will get cramps and take many visits to the bathroom. Try watermelon, followed by a Yogi Bowl, then starchy soup, and a starch-based entrée.
- It matters what you break your fast with–a Protective Diet meal passes through the digestive system in 24-hours. A SAD meal takes five days to pass through. After abstaining from food for 48-hours the system is empty. There is no fiber to hold our food or slow digestion so we have to be mindful to build it back up with starches.
- Defrost Nice Cream Sandwiches for 2 hours in the refrigerator before eating for the perfect creamy consistency.
- Brigham’s Tea—native to Utah; fresh pine needle tea is loaded with anti-oxidants and sustained settlers on the frontier.
Q: As a beginner, should I jump right into a 48-hour fast to prime my body or should I start with a 24-hour fast? (37:45)
Q: When can I take my Zinc, Vitamin D and Vitamin C supplements or my medication if I’m fasting? (41:16 and 52:45)
Q: When you say “fast fat loss” are you talking about 1 to 2 pounds a week? (57:30)
- Remind us of your results and goals in PDL so we can support you in getting back into the groove. I understand life gets in the way. Let me help you get back in the groove and feeling good again. I want everyone feeling good on a Protective Diet.
“If we can prevent dementia by refraining from eating for a period of time, AND it intensifies how delicious our meal tastes later, AND it keeps our body fat low, AND our energy high, Why isn’t everyone doing this?”
This class is Part One of a 3-part Fasting Support Series designed to kick start your day-fasting practice. Understand the Who and the Why, along with an overview of the process so you can start enjoying the extreme benefits of fasting coupled with a Protective Diet.URL: https://protectivediet.com/lessons/class-293-48-hour-fast-plan-prep-guide