Class #295 | 48-Hour Fast: Day Two
This class completes the Protective Diet 48-Hour Intermittent Fasting Support Series, including a recap of deep cellular renewal and recycling benefits, coaching on body signals and awareness, ideas for self-care, and guidance for breaking an extended fast gently.
- Engage in our official support group, Protective Diet Living (PDL). Join Live Chats & Coaching Hour for personal assistance.
- Shop www.protectivediet.com/bulk, an independent source for low-cost, high-quality PD staples in bulk.
|Day Fast and Feast||Autophagy||Anti-Inflammatory||Plant Diversity|
Action Steps for Day Two
- Visualize the Health Benefits
Fasting in General
- Fasting is the #1 health hack to reduce inflammation. RECOMMENDED: Practice a fulltime Protective Diet first.
- When paired with an anti-inflammatory diet (a Protective Diet), your body is receiving double-bonus benefits.
- Day fasting and feasting once every 24-hours is the best thing we can do to heal the gut, increase energy, and reverse disease.
48-Hour Intermittent Fasting
- Deep, deep cellular cleaning (autophagy) is happening in the brain.
- Metabolism is functioning full force, burning fat at a higher rate and quantity than normal.
- The microbiome is getting a boost while the body takes a break from digestion.
- Makes a 24-hour day fast feel like a “breeze”—a manageable practice that gives your body the opportunity for regular healing.
- Engage in Light Activity
- Day 1 is all about productivity. Day 2 is a day of rest. There are still things you can do to pass the time comfortably.
|Day of Rest Template|
|Morning Wake up without an alarm—you may experience residual high energy first thing in the morning. Take an invigorating walk outside in one of your favorite places. Make a Fresh Herb Tea infusion—this is less diuretic than other beverages. Add a pinch of salt for electrolyte balance. Join PD-Ed Saturday Coaching Hour Live for additional support and personalized guidance. At-Home Day Spa—give yourself an Exfoliating Pedicure Treatment and a Brightening Anti-Aging Detoxifying Beauty Mask.|
|Afternoon Don’t plan anything too social—your energy will come and go. Plan a future project—Julie is planning her kitchen remodel. Lay in the sun to bank Vitamin D—safe sun exposure promotes cellular renewal/recycling, as does fasting. Claim a well-deserved nap. Sweet dreams! Wake up refreshed. Brush your teeth and tongue if your mouth needs it. Swish with Betterment Mouthwash for a clean finish. Watch a PD-Ed class—choose one that does not showcase food, such as #129 Daily Actions to Eliminate Stress.|
|Evening Start making components for your feast. See the Break-a-Fast Meal Idea. Clean as you go, so you are free after dinner. Enjoy the aroma therapy—as your food is cooking, go outside & re-enter your home for an aroma therapy “appetizer”. Gently break your intermittent fast—your stomach might be more sensitive than usual. Eat slowly and not too veggie heavy. Take your Vitamin B-12 spray at this point, not earlier—so your liver doesn’t have to deal with that while you are fasting. Feel AMAZING! You did it!|
- Listen to Your Body
- Expect lower energy by this point. Compared to your normal energy level, today may feel like a “sick day”.
- Racing heart rate or shaking = the result of electrolyte depletion, due to overconsumption of diuretic beverages.
- Lower back pain when intermittent fasting indicates your liver is detoxing old dead cells, and healing scars and burns, etc.
- Confusion, slower thinking, irritability and discomfort—these are normal indications of detox.
- Break your fast early if you feel that is best. Congratulate yourself for intermittent fasting this many hours!!
- If you are challenged with being underweight, listen to your body. Eat snacks between meals. Make a Frosty every night.
- Corn Tortillas—make minis. Cut dough into 12-14 pieces instead of only 7-8. Then you don’t have to cut them into chips.
- Cream of Chicken Soup—this is a two-step recipe. Do the first step earlier in the day, or use two pots and cook at the same time.
- Melt and Bake Cheeze—get it out of the hot instant pot bowl quickly so it stops cooking and stays runny enough to spread. Whisk. If it’s too thick, you can add a little bit of yogurt and whisk to loosen it up. Do not skip the baking step in this recipe.
- Jerry’s Steel Cut Oats—1 cup of steel cut oats prepared according to the recipe and topped with yogurt, applesauce, frozen blueberries, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, & black pepper (to increase the bioavailability of the spices).
- Zucchini Summer Salad = modified Black Bean and Corn Summer Salad. Use diced zucchini in place of the beans and corn. Replace tomatoes in Black Bean and Corn Summer Salad w/a diced red bell pepper if you need it to last longer in the fridge.
BREAK-A-FAST MEAL IDEA:
Balled Melon—relish the sweetness of fruit after a 48-hour fast. TGIF=Thank Goodness I Fasted!
Cream of Chicken Soup—a cup-o-soup. A hug in a bowl. It’s mild and hearty. It has beans in it. It’s perfect for breaking a fast.
Whole Wheat Sour Dough Bread—dip it in the soup and eat to buffer your empty stomach.
Fresh Fruit—fresh-picked grapes and peaches.
Q: What does a Crenshaw melon taste like? (15:05)
- The most important thing on a Protective Diet is not fasting, it’s not the ferments, and it’s not eating pounds of greens. It’s getting on board 100% and eating what appeals to you without deviating. Because when we deviate, we leave room for inflammatory disease and extra weight to creep back in.
- This has given me life. It saved my life. It has given me energy that I never even imagined I would have, even without day fasting.
- Not every bit of this program is for everyone. You pick and choose. It’s your life. Be your own health advocate always.
“I don’t think there is anything greater we can do for our health, than day fasting and feasting with a Protective Diet.”
This class completes the Protective Diet 48-Hour Fasting Support Series, including a recap of deep cellular renewal and recycling benefits, coaching on body signals and awareness, ideas for self-care, and guidance for breaking an extended fast gently.Class URL: https://protectivediet.com/lessons/class-295-48-hour-fast-day-two