Cuisine Types: American , Asian , Caribbean , Dog Food , German , Greek , Indian , Italian , Jewish , Mexican , Middle Eastern , Peruvian , Polish , Puerto Rican , Scottish , Southwestern , Spanish , Swedish , Vietnamese
Recipe Types: Baked Goods , Beverages , Breakfast , Condiments , Cooking Videos , Free Recipes , Freezer Friendly , Game Day , Gluten Free , Holiday Table , Hot Stuff , Kids , Lifestyle , Premium Recipes , Pressure Cooker , Quick Prep , Salads & Dressings , Set It & Forget It , Slow Cooker , Soup & Stew , Starters & Snacks , Summertime , Treats
- Apple Crumble Premium PD Recipe This recipe was created to satisfy Jerry's love of apple pie without the work of a rolled or pressed crust. With both a bottom and top layer of a tender crumble crust, it has greater breakfast satiation than Protective Diet's Fruit Crumble. It’s quick and easy to prepare in the early morning to use as an aromatic wake up call for sleepy teens and house guests.
- Apple Fritter Cake Premium PD Recipe Celebrate Autumn’s harvest with the perfect guiltless, sugar-free, plant-based apple-kissed crumble-topped coffee cake recipe. Take the chill off the kitchen while naturally filling every room with the comforting fragrance of Fall, blanketed with vanilla and warming cinnamon spice.
- Basic Brown Gravy Premium PD Recipe This fat-free plant-based turkey style gravy remake was created to serve with any of Protective Diet’s holiday classics. Whether you grew up enjoying smooth, blended homemade gravy, jarred gravy, or packet mixes, this easy-prep shiny brown holiday style gravy is sure to please you and everyone around your table.
- Cauliflurkey Premium PD Recipe This is a perfectly kind, health-promoting and delicious centerpiece for your holiday spread. Play it up with a couple paper frill booties and give thanks for the healthy dinner you are about to enjoy.
- Pressure Cooked Cheeze Cake PD Premium Recipe This textually divine dairy-free cheesecake with notes of lemon and a kiss of vanilla is a protective treat on a plant-based diet. This sugar- and nut-free easy-prep recipe will keep the heat and you out of the kitchen, making the best use of your electric pressure cooker this summer. It’s assembled with just a handful of protective ingredients to keep you and your family celebrating optimal health together.
- Cheezy Scalloped Potatoes Free PD Recipe & Cooking Video The way to a man’s heart is with potatoes. These creamy, cheezy potatoes will leave any man begging for seconds. I shared a pan of these at a potluck and they were a huge hit. All the gentlemen were following me around asking if I was sure their wives had the recipe. This hearty potato casserole is a family-style winner for dinner.
- Cherry Cheeze Danish Premium PD Recipe Protective Diet Tea Parties are all the rage when introducing friends to how delicious PD Living can be. Share this oil-free plant-based specialty whole grain coffee cake, layered with tangy cream cheeze and sugar-free fruit, topped with vanilla crumble. On a Protective Diet, we are living a healthy dream come true. Enjoying inviting, healing food recipes that taste and look just like familiar childhood favorites feels surreal. Our participating community is staying so slim, never tempted to eat off plan and experiencing an unimaginable level of wellness and high energy.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies Premium PD Recipe At last we have guiltless health-promoting crispy and delicious plant-based gluten-free, oil-free, nut-free and sugar-free chocolate chip cookies. It took many years in the Protective Diet Test Kitchen to perfect these simple quick-prep easy-bake kid friendly fat-free guiltless goodies. Parents and kids alike will celebrate and cheer because at last PD cookies are here!
- Chocolate Cream Pie Premium PD Recipe I should have named this health promoting, creamy dark chocolate, oil-free, fat-free, nut-free and tofu-free Too Good To Be True Pie. Healthy people all around the world will be celebrating and more than likely fighting over the last slice as they eat their way to optimal health this holiday season. With recipe directions and ingredients so simple, a weekly Chocolate Cream Pie to celebrate healthy living year round is highly recommended.
- Chocolate Truffles Premium PD Recipe Chocolate fantasies have come true with a rich and creamy dark chocolate truffle that weighs in at 18 calories and 1 gram of fiber. Protective Diet has done it again! It’s easy to stay on plan when you can enjoy multiple truffle treats every day, while achieving your weight loss goals and eliminating food cravings.
- Cinnamon Swirled Sweet Potato Bread Premium PD Recipe Take the chill off the house with the essence of warm spice and everything nice to keep you participating in fun seasonal baking while achieving and maintaining your goals. Protective Diet baked goods promote high energy and food satisfaction to offer us health promoting choices every day of the delicious year.
- Classic Cranberry Sauce Premium PD Recipe This season I am thankful for my health and freedom from sugar addiction. My holiday meals are perfection with sugar-free cranberry relish served with Holiday Loaf, Stuff Yourself Stuffing, Green Bean Casserole and Smashed Potatoes. Celebrate any day of the year with a Protective Diet Thanksgiving feast.
- Cornbread Dressing Premium PD Recipe Savory Cornbread Dressing will warm up your holiday table with Southern tradition. Serve with Protective Diet Mushroom Gravy, Holiday Loaf, Classic Cranberry Sauce, Onion & Herb Smashed Potatoes, Creamed Corn, Green Bean Casserole and Creamed Kale for a traditional plant-based holiday feast your family will look forward to year after healthy year.
- Cornbread Stuffin’ Muffins PD Premium Recipe The star of Thanksgiving dinner remade into handheld biscuit style muffins that we can enjoy any day of the year. No need to set a formal dining table for this quick-prep savory holiday favorite. This health-promoting cruelty-free gourmet stuffing is whole grain, gluten free and moist on the inside with a satisfying golden outer crunch for a texturally balanced bite in every serving. In just 30 minutes your home will be filled with the unforgettable comforting aroma of the holidays.
- Country Wheat Stuffin’ Muffins PD Premium Recipe The star of Thanksgiving dinner remade into a plant-based batter and baked into handheld muffins that we can enjoy any day of the year. No need to set a formal dining table for this quick-prep savory holiday favorite. This health-promoting cruelty-free gourmet herb-seasoned stuffing is whole grain and moist on the inside with a satisfying golden outer crunch for a texturally balanced bite in every serving. In just 30 minutes you’ll be giving thanks with a kitchen filled with the comforting aroma of the holidays. With Protective Diet Stuffin’ Muffins, we can give thanks any day of the year.
- Cream Cheeze Frosting Premium PD Recipe Sugar-free and dairy-free protective Cream Cheeze Frosting had me in search of fun frosting application tips. This recipe is the plant-based “icing on the cake!” After many years of testing, I have created a guiltless frosted carrot cake. After going sugar-free and fat-free, my cake frosting skills became rusty. Now I’m having a deliciously fun time practicing frosting application techniques with this guiltless Protective Diet recipe. Join me for Lesson #205 in my Work Place for Wellness where I demonstrate my favorite frosting techniques. 2018 is the year of the perfectly frosted PD cake.
- Creamed Corn Premium PD Recipe As a child, this classic veggie side dish was a regular on my plate. Creamy, slightly sweet and savory, and topped with freshly ground pepper please! Protective Diet created a sugar- & additive-free version made with fresh or frozen corn that exceeds expectations of the familiar canned variety. Serve this delicious veggie side dish that kids and adults alike enjoy.
- Creamed Kale Premium PD Recipe Creamed Kale is a perfect way to encourage your friends and family to make room on their holiday plate for protective leafy greens served in a rich flavorful sauce. They will give thanks when they find out this creamy side dish is guilt free. This dish can take center stage on your weekday plate any time of the year using any leafy green of your choosing. Serve it over brown rice, whole grain pasta, or mashed potatoes and you'll be enjoying a quick and easy unforgettable hearty meal that will be added to your most requested list.
- Cutlets & Gravy Premium PD Recipe On a Protective Diet we enjoy many side dishes, but sometimes I want to serve a family style dinner reminiscent of the past a meal with a meaty main dish, rich gravy, starchy sides and veggies. A good ol’ Sunday dinner that tastes and presents like a hearty holiday feast and offers protection for my family’s health, all animals and our planet.
- Fruit Crumble Premium PD Recipe Perfect for a fall or winter one-dish, quick-prep, gluten-free protective fruit-filled fresh baked breakfast, tea time treat or holiday dessert. Take the chill off the kitchen and fill the house with an aromatic wake-up call your house guests and family will never forget. Fruit Crumble is a hit either served chilled or hot out of the oven.
- Fudge Premium PD Recipe Creamy smooth or loaded with magic fat-free NUTZ! We are celebrating guilt-free silky smooth organic plant-based PD Fudge. Oh my, how I wish I had this quick-prep, sugar-free, low-cal fix of chocolaty decadence to carry me happily over the hump of the Protective Diet 30-Day Detox. The texture is creamy and each bite is full of rich dark cacao. Do not be intimidated by the look of these beautiful chocolate nuggets. They are designed to be very deceiving, possibly guilt-evoking, and they might make friends question your dedication to optimal health. At last we can have our Fudge and eat it too!
- Ginger Snaps Premium PD Recipe Completely guiltless, health promoting, crispy and delicious, plant-based, gluten-free, oil-free, nut-free and sugar-free Ginger Snap cookies are ours to enjoy! It took many years in the Protective Diet Test Kitchen to perfect these simple quick-prep easy-bake kid-friendly fat-free guiltless golden cookies. I'm still trying to get my mind around the fact that these delightful spiced gems weight in at just 27 wholegrain calories each. Parents and kids alike will celebrate and cheer because at last PD Ginger Snaps are here!
- Green Bean Casserole Premium PD Recipe Complete your holiday plant based feast with this traditional dish. I gave the old fashioned version a healthy make over, but no one will suspect it. Don’t tell them it’s healthy until they ask for a second helping.
- Holiday Cheeze Ball Premium PD Recipe Serve this plant-based party starter scooped up with baked pita chips, Seasoned Crispy Crackers, crudité, or spread onto Seasoned Flatbread wedges, pleasing everyone no matter their level of dietary consciousness. On a Protective Diet, we are celebrating the holidays with a jump start on a healthy new year.
- Holiday Loaf Premium PD Recipe At last we have a hearty main dish to serve up next to all of our favorite Protective Diet versions of traditional sides. Holiday dinners are now complete with a sliceable, savory loaf made of whole, plant-based ingredients. Ladle on the Mushroom Gravy, pass the mashed potatoes and enjoy your Holiday Loaf surrounded with all the trimmings.
- Holiday Nog Premium PD Recipe Creamy plant-based and sugar-free winter-spiced healthy Holiday Nog is refreshing and indulgent-tasting, making the holiday season exciting and protective on a Protective Diet. Serve it in a chilled punch bowl at your holiday party, sip it straight out of the jar or top off a cup of black tea.
- Homemade Lasagna Premium PD Recipe My guess is that you never expected to be enjoying lasagna and achieving all your health goals while slimming down. You definitely never thought you’d be cutting costs by making your own fresh pasta. It sounds like a project, but trust me it isn’t. I think Italian women just play it up that they are working hard all day in the kitchen when it comes to making homemade noodles. I also think you should, too. After you quickly roll out these noodles and layer them up to bake, put a sign on the kitchen door that says keep out. Put your feet up and have a cup of tea. You’ll have everyone thinking you’re working so hard to create a masterpiece from scratch.
- Hoppin’ John Premium PD Recipe This classic dish from the Carolinas is enjoyed year round, but traditionally served and celebrated throughout the South on New Year's Day as part of a feast to grant everyone a prosperous New Year. Prosperity is symbolized across this classic Southern plate with black-eyed peas to represent coins, collard greens to symbolize American currency, and cornbread is golden like bars of gold. This year I am introducing health to this classic plate of American history. I have eliminated all the fat and highlighted the delicious rich flavors of the South with this quick-prep pressure cooking or stovetop recipe. Protective Diet makes it possible to enjoy special holiday meals and our prosperous New Year ahead in the best of health.
- Labneh Cheeze with Za’atar Premium PD Recipe Bring your friends together for an exotic plant-based culinary trip across the globe. From Lebanon to Israel, fresh bread is commonly enjoyed along with this zesty and beautiful antioxidant filled cream cheeze dip. Protective Diet encourages you to start a batch on Tuesday and share a colorful platter of delicious protection with your friends and family this weekend.
- Matzo Balls Premium PD Recipe I grew up enjoying Matzo Ball Soup at Maxwell’s restaurant. Their special was an all you can eat bottomless bowl. My friends and I could never get past three as they were the size of tennis balls, settled like bricks and were filled with eggs and oil. For almost a decade, I have longed for them. Finally, here's my version, free of all the fat and cholesterol. I’ve perfected the texture and with this recipe mastered, a Protective Diet is now complete for Passover.
- Moscow Mule Premium PD Recipe This warming wintertime cocktail was created in 1939. The Moscow Mule peaked in popularity in the 50s, died off in the 70s, and has made a strong comeback with trendy craft cocktails and specialty beverage glasses becoming hip again. This refreshing lime-infused spicy ginger sipper received a total PD sugar-free makeover to keep us current with all the rage of crafty beautiful beverages.
- Mulled “Wine” Premium PD Recipe Mugs of hot ruby red cheer filled with fragrant warming aromatics are traditionally sipped to celebrate Christmas throughout the United Kingdom. In Germany, warm spiced wine is called Glug and enjoyed in the U.S. at German Christmas festivals, served in collectible ceramic mugs shaped like boots. If mulled wine is a traditional holiday beverage in your home or you are excited to serve a new one, this simmering alcohol free version will infuse your body with calorie free protective liquid antioxidants to boost your immune system and leave you hydrated and ready for the hustle and bustle of the holiday season.
- Mushroom Gravy Free PD Recipe & Cooking Video This dark and flavorful gravy will complete your holiday feast or make a simple Sunday dinner something to remember. Ladle it over a Holiday Loaf or dress up your Smashed Potatoes. This gravy is sure to please everyone at your table.
- Not So Fat So Mashed Potatoes Free PD Recipe These creamy, mashed spuds served with Mushroom Gravy will fill you up and slim you down. Not So Fat So Mashed Potatoes are packed with fiber, protein and vitamin C so why wait for the holidays. Enjoy them weekly a la carte, or with a PD Holiday Loaf and steamed veggies. Your family will be asking what the occasion is. Keep the simplicity of this recipe to yourself and enjoy cooking options using the slow cooker, pressure cooker or stove top.
- Onion & Herb Smashed Potatoes Premium PD Recipe Don’t bother making gravy for these bold mashed potatoes; they are awesome on their own. Use the slow cooker recipe shortcut and have these on the table in ten minutes. Creamy and loaded with flavor, your kids will be begging for PD Onion & Herb Smashed Potatoes.
- Potato Kugel Premium PD Recipe Jews believe that eating kugel on the Jewish Sabbath brings special spiritual blessings. I wouldn’t want anyone to miss out on this wonderful tradition due to dietary consciousness. Now we can all enjoy kugel, promote our heath and celebrate special blessings.
- Pozole Rojo Premium PD Recipe Pozole is a soup that eats like a meal and is traditionally served in Mexican homes on holidays. This soup in Mexico is like turkey and stuffing on Thanksgiving in the United States of America. Evelia Cruz adopted a Protective Diet and thought she had gained so much knowledge from me, but the feeling was mutual. She taught me about Mexican ingredients and how to properly cook with them. I taught her how to cut out the oil, meat and cheese. Together we made a standard Mexican diet one of the easiest to convert to a Protective Diet.
- Protective Spiced Cider PD Premium Recipe Feel fantastic with a hot cup of Protective Spiced Cider! This comforting fall favorite will warm your pipes, sooth your throat, and perk you up with the power of proven immune protective plant ingredients. When I sip this sugar-free, all-natural, health promoting soother I get a euphoric feeling of total health mastery. Protective Diet’s winter recipes make every sip and bite an advantage while we enjoy the holiday season, sustaining a lifestyle to maintain our optimal health. Put this in your morning thermos to make a cold commute to work more comfortable. It’s a perfect warmer for the cheering section in the cold football stands. Bring a batch to a holiday party and tell everyone they will be healthier with every sip. Please comment below if this anti-inflammatory beverage made you feel amazing after sipping it. Let us know what your family, friends, coworkers and parents at the football game thought of Protective Spiced Cider.
- Pumpkin Cheeze Cake Premium PD Recipe A fall favorite easy-prep dessert, satisfying the urge to pumpkin spice everything, while honoring your one and only body on a Protective Diet throughout the holiday season. Texturally divine dairy-free Pumpkin Cheesecake is a protective treat on a plant-based diet. This sugar- and nut-free recipe will make the best use of your electric pressure cooker the day before Halloween or Thanksgiving. It’s assembled with just a handful of protective ingredients to keep you and your family on track celebrating optimal health together.
- Pumpkin Pie Premium PD Recipe The texture of this pie is irresistible and the aromatic warm fall spices are balanced perfectly. This is a quick-prep, blend-and-bake make-ahead recipe for classic holiday pie with a gluten-free option. Sugar-free, fat-free, and low-cal, it’s loaded with fiber and protective antioxidants to leave you feeling and looking awesome this season. After just one bite, your guests will be considering joining you on a Protective Diet.
- Pumpkin Pie Pudding Premium PD Recipe This creamy pudding has the flavors of fall and texture of whole chia seeds. It’s loaded with organic ingredients perfect as a holiday dessert, a nutrient dense breakfast or after school snack.
- Sandwich Cookies Premium PD Recipe At last we have a guiltless health-promoting crispy and delicious plant-based gluten-free, oil-free, nut-free and sugar-free chocolate-filled vanilla sandwich cookie. It took many years in the Protective Diet Test Kitchen to perfect this simple quick-prep easy-bake kid friendly fat-free guiltless layered deliciousness. Parents and kids alike will celebrate and cheer because at last PD sandwich cookies are here!
- Stuff Yourself Stuffing Free PD Recipe This traditional stuffing is holiday perfection in a pan, filled with cubes of healthy bread and all the fresh herbs of the season. It is sure to please your family when topped with Protective Diet Mushroom Gravy.
- Swedish “Meatballs” Premium PD Recipe Tender nuggets of Swedish goodness covered with savory gravy are perfect served up as an hors d’oeuvre or over mashed potatoes as a hearty main dish.
- Sweet Potato Pie Premium PD Recipe Sweet potato pie is the pumpkin pie of the South, and in my opinion, it is the far better tasting of the two. It is traditionally served on holidays celebrating Fall's harvest of potatoes and warming spices. This pie’s beautiful presentation, creamy texture and aromatic flavors will have your friends and family excited to enjoy a Protective Diet style holiday. This dessert is healthy enough for breakfast and decadent enough to serve at a Thanksgiving celebration for guests who are not on a plant-based diet. As always, and even on the holidays, we keep recipes totally vegan, free of sugars, nuts and oil to honor our health and nourish our bodies. Take advantage of these innovative recipes to keep holidays traditional while staying on plan with every delicious bite. Your full-time practice not only benefits your protective cellular wall called the endothelium, it maintains your reprogrammed sensitive taste buds for improved meal satisfaction and long term sustainability on a low-fat plant-based diet.
- Tamales Premium PD Recipe I have simplified the technique, eliminated the pork lard, and reduced the cook time using a pressure cooker to allow you to have ten perfectly cooked hot tamales on the table within the hour. The tamal traces back to the Ancient Maya People who prepared them for feasts and used them as portable food to support their armies when traveling. Traditionally they are made of starchy corn-based dough filled with vegetables, chiles, fruit, meat or cheese and wrapped in a leaf and steamed. My Mexican girlfriends back in Chicago enjoy making tamales wrapped in cornhusks on Christmas Day. The entire family, including mothers, brothers, sisters, fathers, nieces and nephews, surround the table to fill and roll 200 of them. It is a special family gathering to visit, laugh and catchup on all the latest gossip. This tradition is very special and tamales offer them more to unwrap than just presents on Christmas. The holiday is not complete without unwrapping cornhusks filled with masa and delicious fillings. I have included both a traditional cornhusk version and the tropical tradition from Veracruz and the Yucatan Peninsula of wrapping them in leaves. This variation is perfect for anyone who is having a hard time finding dried cornhusks or that would like to increase the greens in their diet.
- Twice Baked Potatoes Premium PD Recipe Twice Baked Potatoes are the perfect holiday side dish. Get ahead and prepare this easy recipe a day in advance, and just twenty minutes before mealtime, bake these delicious individual golden boats. This recipe will reduce your day-of-the-party kitchen hours and make a whole food plant-based holiday meal something to remember.
- Vanilla Cupcakes Premium PD Recipe Protective Diet style birthday parties are sugar-free and totally on plan with these sweet golden personal cakes topped with PD Creamy Chocolate Frosting. Celebrate birth & life with the healthiest cupcake ever created. Birthday wishes do come true!
- Vanilla Wafers Premium PD Recipe At last we have guiltless health-promoting crispy and delicious plant-based gluten-free, oil-free, nut-free and sugar-free cookie! It took many years in the Protective Diet Test Kitchen to perfect these simple quick-prep easy-bake kid-friendly fat-free guiltless golden wafers. I'm still trying to get my mind around the fact that these delightful gems weight in at just 27 wholegrain calories each. Parents and kids alike will celebrate and cheer because at last PD cookies are here!
PD-Ed: Getting Started