Cuisine Types: American , Asian , Caribbean , Dog Food , German , Greek , Indian , Italian , Jewish , Mexican , Middle Eastern , Peruvian , Polish , Puerto Rican , Scottish , Southwestern , Spanish , Swedish , Vietnamese
Recipe Types: Baked Goods , Beverages , Breakfast , Condiments , Cooking Videos , Free Recipes , Freezer Friendly , Game Day , Gluten Free , Holiday Table , Hot Stuff , Kids , Lifestyle , Premium Recipes , Pressure Cooker , Quick Prep , Salads & Dressings , Set It & Forget It , Slow Cooker , Soup & Stew , Starters & Snacks , Summertime , Treats
- BBQ Baked Beans Free PD Recipe These BBQ beans have the old fashioned sweet and tangy flavor of a slow cooked summertime favorite. This recipe makes approximately 8 cups (or 2 quarts) to fill a slow cooker. You may wish to cut this recipe in half if you're not serving it at a party.
- Beef-less Taco Filling Premium PD Recipe This hearty taco filling tastes like you used a store bought seasoning packet, but it’s free of MSG, additives and sugar. Let your pressure cooker or slow cooker do the work, while you chop a few toppings, blend some salsa and warm up corn tortillas for an easy week night taco party.
- Black Bean Chili Premium PD Recipe This budget and time-saving recipe made with dried black beans is easy to toss together. Prepare it slow cooker-style without your supervision, or enjoy the pressure cooker option which will have this filling chili ready for serving in under an hour. This chili is hearty, thick and filled with flavors of the southwest. It is complete with options to keep it flavorful and mild or spicy and exciting.
- Busy Day Chili Premium PD Recipe Only ten minutes to set up this slow cooker winner of a dinner. Toss these inexpensive pantry staples together before work, church or a day of play. This recipe is designed for ease in preparation and ultimate meal satisfaction. Perfect for a well-deserved day out of the kitchen that ends with a hot bowl of delicious thick and flavorful plant-based chili. For tips to make this recipe win 1st prize at the chili cook-off watch PD-Ed lesson #119.
- Cuban Black Bean Soup Premium PD Recipe This is a perfect go-to, one-pot, grain included, quick-prep recipe that only takes 15 minutes to toss together. Morning set-it-and-forget-it recipes make Protective Diet dinners easy and delicious using a slow cooker, or set the time delay on your electric pressure cooker. Take full advantage of this life changing time saving pressure-cooking feature. Set it to switch on as you are leaving the office, church or gym. Arrive home to a healthy, hot and hearty flavorful pot of Cuban Black Bean Soup tonight.
- Jacked Up Pulled “Pork” Sandwich Free PD Recipe This jacked-up sandwich has it going on! It has all the flavor and texture of traditional pulled pork, minus the fat, cholesterol and sugar of traditional barbecued pulled pork. Layer this slow-cooker special on a Protective Diet Onion Sandwich Roll and top it with some Creamy Coleslaw for an unforgettable plant-based meal
- Not So Fat So Mashed Potatoes Free PD Recipe These creamy, mashed spuds served with Mushroom Gravy will fill you up and slim you down. Not So Fat So Mashed Potatoes are packed with fiber, protein and vitamin C so why wait for the holidays. Enjoy them weekly a la carte, or with a PD Holiday Loaf and steamed veggies. Your family will be asking what the occasion is. Keep the simplicity of this recipe to yourself and enjoy cooking options using the slow cooker, pressure cooker or stove top.
- Potato Corn Chowder Premium PD Recipe Thick and rich chowder with the sweetness of corn and heartiness of potatoes is easily prepared in a pressure cooker, slow cooker or on the stove top. There’s nothing better than a quick and easy one pot meal that tastes like you labored over the stove all day.
- Roasted Chili Verde Premium PD Recipe Protective Diet’s Roasted Chili Verde is slow cooker gone gourmet. Aromatic and colorful with fresh toppings, it will give you the Plant-Based Foodie award at the chili cook-off
- Slow Cooker Sloppy Jerrys Premium PD Recipe Sloppy Joes are all about the sauce. I made this version with a sauce so sweet and wonderful I had to name them after Jerry. These are perfect to prepare in the morning on a lazy summer day, when you don’t want to be indoors cooking over a hot stove. There’s nothing better than arriving home after a day at the beach to a smell that will have you and the kids lining up for dinner. Toast up some PD Burger Buns from the freezer and dinner is served. I hope this recipe gives all the hard working moms and dads a chance to go play and have fun this summer.
- Split Pea Soup Free PD Recipe This recipe was created for all day simmering soup flavor. I nicknamed my electric pressure cooker "The Life Changer.” With this recipe and my Life Changer, I can prepare this soup in 15 minutes and have it on the table within the hour. If you have a few extra minutes in the morning, set it up using the time delay or prepare it in a slow cooker. You will be welcomed home with a thick-as-fog style bowl of old fashioned split pea soup.
- Summertime Slow Cooker BBQ Beans Premium PD Recipe These aren't ordinary open the can and warm um up style baked beans. They have gourmet Foodie appeal along with traditional flavors. Make them for an exciting addition to a summertime BBQ. This easy prep, set-it and forget-it recipe is perfect for hot days when turning on the oven isn't an option and you'd much rather be outside playing grill master than indoors checking on a side dish.
- Veggie Chili Free PD Recipe This is a classic Protective Diet starter recipe, perfect for beginners or young chefs. Invest fifteen minutes in the morning and toss the ingredients into the slow cooker, switch it on and arrive home to be greeted with the delicious aroma of the Southwest. There’s nothing better than arriving home to a hot pot of simmering chili ready and waiting to be enjoyed. Turn up the spice with the addition of jalapenos or keep it kid friendly and mild.
- Yellow Lentil Soup Free PD Recipe This soup is a remake of my favorite Middle Eastern restaurant's house soup. It is bright in color and thick and rich, with warm flavors of smoked paprika and cumin. Although it is traditionally called lentil soup, it is made with yellow split peas. I always stock all the simple ingredients for this house favorite in my Protective Diet Pantry. Enjoy this soup in under an hour with the use of an electric pressure cooker or prepare it in a slow cooker and arrive home to an unforgettable dinner.