Cuisine Types: American , Asian , Caribbean , Dog Food , German , Greek , Indian , Italian , Jewish , Mexican , Middle Eastern , Peruvian , Polish , Puerto Rican , Scottish , Southwestern , Spanish , Swedish , Vietnamese
Recipe Types: Baked Goods , Beverages , Breakfast , Condiments , Cooking Videos , Fermented , Free Recipes , Freezer Friendly , Game Day , Gluten Free , Holiday Table , Hot Stuff , Kids , Lifestyle , Premium Recipes , Pressure Cooker , Quick Prep , Salads & Dressings , Set It & Forget It , Slow Cooker , Soup & Stew , Starters & Snacks , Summertime , Treats
Soup and Stew
- Cabbage Soup Premium PD Recipe This is a bacon-free and dairy-free remake of my father's family-famous cabbage soup. The smell of it simmering evokes delicious cool-weather memories of my childhood. The exciting and rare times my dad put down the hammer and picked up a whisk were so memorable. I adored watching him cook and take over the kitchen. My mother was a permanent fixture behind the stove, so to see him in her place was odd and lots of fun. I hope our PD dads can use this soup recipe to carry on the tradition of making a fun family memory of dad cooking in the kitchen.
- Chickenless Noodle Soup Premium PD Recipe How about a nice big pot of the most comforting soup known to man? This stove top or pressure cooker version will get you well soon and keep you well. The homemade aroma of this easy one pot soup will fill your home and comfort you with every spoon full. This recipe might have you playing sick tomorrow, so you can stay home and simmer up a pot of delicious comfort.
- Chili Mac Premium PD Recipe I call my electric pressure cooker the "Life Changer. Chili Mac is an easy-to-follow recipe perfect after a busy day. You know - those days you can't bear the thought of cooking, let alone washing more than one pan. This one-pot wonder combines the protective and delicious ingredients of southwestern chili, balanced with the starch energy of whole grain macaroni. Calling all new chefs and junior chefs who can roughly chop an onion, open a can and set a timer! This recipe was created with you in mind. Actually, it was created with all the PD superstar chefs in mind as well. We could all use a day off. This is the perfect recipe to ask the non-cook in the household to prepare for you. With only one pot to wash up, they might become inspired to participate more in your workplace for wellness.
- Cream of Broccoli Soup Premium PD Recipe This deceivingly indulgent, rich-tasting cream of broccoli soup is a perfect wintertime meal to keep you slim and slipping into your ski pants with room for extra layers. Enjoy the easy recipe with preparation options for the stove top or the pressure cooker. When spring arrives and asparagus is abundant, make an even swap for the broccoli and enjoy the season’s bounty.
- Cream of Celery Soup Premium PD Recipe This was one soup I loved straight from the can. The Protective Diet version has the delicious flavor and thick creamy texture without any of the additives, fat or dairy of the original. The creamy component in this recipe is grain free and will surprise many to find it is made with lentils. This soup is hearty and high in fiber, plant protein and useable energy.
- Cream of Chick’N Soup Premium PD Recipe A replacement for the soup classically served at banquet hall events and at home out of the can, this soup has the creamy texture and hearty flavor I’ve missed since going vegan. Enjoyment on a low fat oil-free plant-based Protective Diet has escalated to a new place of familiar delight with this recipe and new nutrient dense technique to create this classic creamy soup.
- Creamy Potato and Kale Soup Free PD Recipe & Cooking Video This soup is a winner with kids and adults alike. Creamy Potato and Kale Soup is satisfyingly rich, and will leave many wondering if it’s fattening. It’s a great way to slip in more greens without any complaints from picky eaters.
- Cuban Black Bean Soup Premium PD Recipe This is a perfect go-to, one-pot, grain included, quick-prep recipe that only takes 15 minutes to toss together. Morning set-it-and-forget-it recipes make Protective Diet dinners easy and delicious using a slow cooker, or set the time delay on your electric pressure cooker. Take full advantage of this life changing time saving pressure-cooking feature. Set it to switch on as you are leaving the office, church or gym. Arrive home to a healthy, hot and hearty flavorful pot of Cuban Black Bean Soup tonight.
- Enchilada Soup Premium PD Recipe This rich and hearty soup is filled with traditional Mexican enchilada ingredients. It has the simplicity and ease of a soup with the big flavors of dried toasted chilies. If you haven’t worked with dried chilies, I’m excited for you to experience the flavors they add to this soup.
- Farro and Kale Soup Premium PD Recipe This classic, colorful, hearty Italian soup loaded with health-promoting high-energy whole grains and protective white beans with greens was just waiting for a Protective Diet makeover. I removed all the negative ingredients and doubled up on the good, creating an unforgettable one-pot meal beautiful enough to serve to guests. Farro and Kale Soup is a quick prep fall or winter meal, complete with recipe directions to maximize cancer fighting Sulforaphane protection and a gluten free option.
- Good ol’ Minestrone Soup Premium PD Recipe Minestrone in Italian means a big soup. A big pot of soup is perfect for stocking up your fridge and freezer with ready to go meals. It’s a great way to get kids to eat veggies. Start with the base of the soup as your guide, and then use the suggested veggies or whatever you have on hand to turn out one of the best Italian style veggie bean soups created.
- Hot & Spicy Get Well Soon Soup Free PD Recipe This Asian style soup is just what you need when you are feeling weak or just in need of a boost. It’s loaded with antioxidants and enough garlic to keep the vampires at bay. The spicy flavors will open your sinuses and make you sweat out the sickies. It's a quick prep recipe to keep you off your feet and resting to promote a speedy recovery. A cold is rare when following a Protective Diet, so you might have to enjoy this flavorful fast and easy soup when you are well.
- Lentil Stew Free PD Recipe This hearty lentil recipe was created for the electric pressure cooker. It's a nutrient dense one-pot time-saver with smoky warm flavors from cumin seeds and smoked paprika. Prep this stew in the morning, set the time delay, and arrive home to a memorable home-cooked stick to your ribs plant-based meal.
- Matzo Balls Premium PD Recipe I grew up enjoying Matzo Ball Soup at Maxwell’s restaurant. Their special was an all you can eat bottomless bowl. My friends and I could never get past three as they were the size of tennis balls, settled like bricks and were filled with eggs and oil. For almost a decade, I have longed for them. Finally, here's my version, free of all the fat and cholesterol. I’ve perfected the texture and with this recipe mastered, a Protective Diet is now complete for Passover.
- Mediterranean Lemon & Rice Soup Premium PD Recipe Avgolemono soup is a classic in Greek restaurants. It’s traditionally made with chicken broth, whipped egg whites, long-grain rice, lemon and lots of salt. Protective Diet’s plant-based, pressure-cooked health-promoting remake is sure to satisfy. Serve with a basket of Pretzel Rolls and be mentally transported to your favorite Greek diner while maintaining a successful practice of a Protective Diet.
- Milk & Noodles Premium PD Recipe This was my father's easy to make go-to comfort meal. My grandmother put together Milk & Noodles as a quick and easy way to satisfy her four hungry growing boys while stretching a buck. It is warm, surprisingly flavorful, and uses ingredients we always have on hand. This is perfect for a day you need a simple-to-serve, comforting hug in a bowl. My father worked nights for much of my childhood and I can remember him asking my mother to keep a big bowl of cooked noodles in the refrigerator at all times. He would arrive home before anyone awoke and quietly assemble a hot bowl of Milk & Noodles topped with lots of black pepper for his final meal of the day. I would join him and eat breakfast before Mom woke up. My fond memories of him arriving home and warming a bowl of this milk, butter and pepper topped broth filled with noodles will always be with me. My childhood memories are clearer with every bowl and my health is improved with this plant-based simple remake of my grandmother’s recipe.
- Mushroom Soup Premium PD Recipe This hearty and thick mushroom soup is a stick to your ribs meal in itself. Its beautiful golden color with flecks of fresh green parsley make this soup look like a masterpiece. Don’t tell anyone it was fast, easy and inexpensive to put together they would never suspect.
- New England Chowder Premium PD Recipe This is the best vegan, fat-free, creamy and flavorful stick-to-your-ribs soup I've ever had. It's the kind of soup that is so good it's worth hiding leftovers (if you have any) in the back of your fridge and heating them up when no one is home to share with. If hearty chowder is your favorite, this recipe will surely satisfy and keep you on track, achieving all your goals with a Protective Diet.
- Pho Premium PD Recipe I have paid great respect to this beloved Vietnamese soup by keeping all the unique spices exactly the same, and removing all of the saturated fat found in the original. This big bowl of clear, dark, flavorful broth, filled with noodles and the excitement of the aromatic fresh toppings will have you simmering up a batch on the regular.
- Potato Corn Chowder Premium PD Recipe Thick and rich chowder with the sweetness of corn and heartiness of potatoes is easily prepared in a pressure cooker, slow cooker or on the stove top. There’s nothing better than a quick and easy one pot meal that tastes like you labored over the stove all day.
- Pozole Rojo Premium PD Recipe Pozole is a soup that eats like a meal and is traditionally served in Mexican homes on holidays. This soup in Mexico is like turkey and stuffing on Thanksgiving in the United States of America. Evelia Cruz adopted a Protective Diet and thought she had gained so much knowledge from me, but the feeling was mutual. She taught me about Mexican ingredients and how to properly cook with them. I taught her how to cut out the oil, meat and cheese. Together we made a standard Mexican diet one of the easiest to convert to a Protective Diet.
- Quickie Cream of Veggie Soup Premium PD Recipe Serve family style as a savory meal starter, or enjoy as a main dish for two with starch energy add-ins. I’ve been filling up on this soup daily, easily increasing my consumption of protective, detoxifying Sulforaphane-producing cruciferous vegetables. With this go-to recipe I personally eliminated produce waste, as I was drawn to use every vegetable I had in my refrigerator. The use of this recipe, complete with stovetop or pressure cooking directions, extends the time between my fresh restock shopping days, saving me time and money on a plant-based diet.
- Roasted Chili Verde Premium PD Recipe Protective Diet’s Roasted Chili Verde is slow cooker gone gourmet. Aromatic and colorful with fresh toppings, it will give you the Plant-Based Foodie award at the chili cook-off
- Roasted Squash Soup with Smoked Paprika Free PD Recipe This is a simple blended soup with roasted smoky warm flavors of ground cumin and paprika. It hits the spot when squash is in season and there's a chill in the air. Roasting the squash to a golden color adds a rich sweet flavor. It also gives you a reason to warm up the kitchen during the cool change of season.
- Rustic Roasted Tomato Basil Soup Free PD Recipe Rustic Roasted Tomato and Basil Soup is the perfect soup for the end of summer when tomatoes and fresh herbs are flavorful and abundant. This recipe will teach you how to add a rich sweetness to your soup with roasted tomatoes. The herbs add a bright finish and take it from simple tomato soup to a gourmet starter or main dish
- Split Pea Soup Free PD Recipe This recipe was created for all day simmering soup flavor. I nicknamed my electric pressure cooker "The Life Changer.” With this recipe and my Life Changer, I can prepare this soup in 15 minutes and have it on the table within the hour. If you have a few extra minutes in the morning, set it up using the time delay or prepare it in a slow cooker. You will be welcomed home with a thick-as-fog style bowl of old fashioned split pea soup.
- Tortilla Soup for One Premium PD Recipe Designed to produce one big fresh and flavorful hot protective meal in minutes using the soup heating feature on your high-speed blender. Exciting flavors and textures with satiating fresh cut soft corn tortilla noodles puts this recipe on the top of my fast and easy go-to meal list.
- Vegetable Broth Premium PD Recipe Homemade veggie broth is easy and has great rewards such as cutting costs, reducing package waste, using quality ingredients, eliminating or reducing the sodium content. I have included a few tips on how to always have a stash of broth or ingredients to start a batch.
- Veggie Chili Free PD Recipe This is a classic Protective Diet starter recipe, perfect for beginners or young chefs. Invest fifteen minutes in the morning and toss the ingredients into the slow cooker, switch it on and arrive home to be greeted with the delicious aroma of the Southwest. There’s nothing better than arriving home to a hot pot of simmering chili ready and waiting to be enjoyed. Turn up the spice with the addition of jalapenos or keep it kid friendly and mild.
- Veggie Soup & Dumplings Premium PD Recipe These dense and chewy dumplings are one of my childhood favorites. I can remember fishing for them out of a bowl of my mother’s homemade soup. Veggie Soup and Dumplings is a quick, simple, inexpensive, and perfect hearty, whole-grain home-cooked wintertime meal. If you are serving kids, skip the soup step and serve these dumplings topped with Protective Diet’s “Butter” Sauce or Mushroom Gravy. This is a perfect recipe to make when your pantry and refrigerator is bare and it is too snowy and cold to go to the market.
- Yellow Lentil Soup Free PD Recipe This soup is a remake of my favorite Middle Eastern restaurant's house soup. It is bright in color and thick and rich, with warm flavors of smoked paprika and cumin. Although it is traditionally called lentil soup, it is made with yellow split peas. I always stock all the simple ingredients for this house favorite in my Protective Diet Pantry. Enjoy this soup in under an hour with the use of an electric pressure cooker or prepare it in a slow cooker and arrive home to an unforgettable dinner.