The differences between The Protective Diet and other low-fat plant based diet plans are:
- Physical cravings are eliminated by removing all forms of sugar (including dried fruit), food additives, coffee, juice and all animal products
- Taste buds are reprogrammed with the elimination of extracted fats in the diet such as oils
- Whole plant based foods high in saturated fats such nuts, nut butters, avocado, coconut and seeds (except for chia seeds for thickening purposes) are removed
- Physical food addiction is eliminated in the first 30 days with abstinence
- After the 30 Day Detox and Taste Bud Reprogram is complete, our taste bud receptors are not searching for the missing fats
- Natural food satisfaction is improved, making this plan an enjoyable, maintainable delicious lifestyle
- We can then truly address eating to satisfy hunger without cravings and addiction driving us to over-consume food
- After 30 days our major challenges of food addiction are behind us
- It becomes easy to stay on track
- We are eating to satisfy hunger rather than to satisfy cravings
- New skills are developed to manage this diet and lifestyle
- The Guide to Optimal Health outlines three focus levels to hone your practice all the way to optimal health (the guide is located in the Services menu).
I designed this plan incorporating the science behind a whole foods plant based diet proven to reverse and protects us from disease. I then took it a few steps further to eliminate cravings, make us feel incredible, and satisfy our love of good food with delicious and easy to follow recipes. Protective Diet incorporates lifestyle coaching, a community of support and a step-by-step guide to make this practice enjoyable and fun while quickly reaching all our health goals.
The Protective Diet allows us to eat when we are hungry and stop when we are full and satisfied. This may sound simple, but it is something that is nearly impossible to do when we are eating foods loaded with additives, sugars, and fats that cause us to confuse cravings or withdrawal with hunger. We never limit grains or starches. Once we accomplish the first 30 days, we move forward improving our health with the PD 50/50 Balanced Plate Practice. We then can move on to mastering our practice with a 21 Meals to Mastery Challenge. This third and final step is optional and focuses on mindful eating to accelerate weight loss or eliminate those last few pounds of body fat. It will reduce food costs and time spent preparing meals.
Join the free support group Protective Diet Living and meet many people enjoying the lifestyle and health benefits of a Protective Diet. Start taking action today by enrolling in PD-Ed. You are just 30 days away from a slimmer, healthier you.