Cuisine Types: American , Asian , Caribbean , Dog Food , German , Greek , Indian , Italian , Jewish , Mexican , Middle Eastern , Peruvian , Polish , Puerto Rican , Scottish , Southwestern , Spanish , Swedish , Vietnamese
Recipe Types: Baked Goods , Beverages , Breakfast , Condiments , Cooking Videos , Free Recipes , Freezer Friendly , Game Day , Gluten Free , Holiday Table , Hot Stuff , Kids , Lifestyle , Premium Recipes , Pressure Cooker , Quick Prep , Salads & Dressings , Set It & Forget It , Slow Cooker , Soup & Stew , Starters & Snacks , Summertime , Treats
Set It & Forget It
- BBQ Baked Beans Free PD Recipe These BBQ beans have the old fashioned sweet and tangy flavor of a slow cooked summertime favorite. This recipe makes approximately 8 cups (or 2 quarts) to fill a slow cooker. You may wish to cut this recipe in half if you're not serving it at a party.
- Beans and Rice Premium PD Recipe This recipe is designed for ease in preparation of the energy-packed starch component of a Protective Diet 50/50 Burrito Bowl. Serve it as a no-fuss side dish to complement Garlic Greens, Fajitas or Beef-less Tacos. This recipe comes together using PD Pantry staples along with tips to dress it up on the days you have a couple extra minutes and want to get creative. This is a perfect starter recipe for a beginner in the kitchen, as well as a perfect staple recipe for anyone just getting started on a plant-based diet.
- Beef-less Taco Filling Premium PD Recipe This hearty taco filling tastes like you used a store bought seasoning packet, but it’s free of MSG, additives and sugar. Let your pressure cooker or slow cooker do the work, while you chop a few toppings, blend some salsa and warm up corn tortillas for an easy week night taco party.
- Black Bean Chili Premium PD Recipe This budget and time-saving recipe made with dried black beans is easy to toss together. Prepare it slow cooker-style without your supervision, or enjoy the pressure cooker option which will have this filling chili ready for serving in under an hour. This chili is hearty, thick and filled with flavors of the southwest. It is complete with options to keep it flavorful and mild or spicy and exciting.
- Busy Day Chili Premium PD Recipe Only ten minutes to set up this slow cooker winner of a dinner. Toss these inexpensive pantry staples together before work, church or a day of play. This recipe is designed for ease in preparation and ultimate meal satisfaction. Perfect for a well-deserved day out of the kitchen that ends with a hot bowl of delicious thick and flavorful plant-based chili. For tips to make this recipe win 1st prize at the chili cook-off watch PD-Ed lesson #119.
- Chickenless Noodle Soup Premium PD Recipe How about a nice big pot of the most comforting soup known to man? This stove top or pressure cooker version will get you well soon and keep you well. The homemade aroma of this easy one pot soup will fill your home and comfort you with every spoon full. This recipe might have you playing sick tomorrow, so you can stay home and simmer up a pot of delicious comfort.
- Perfectly Cooked Brown Rice Premium PD Recipe At last you are going to learn to cook brown rice perfectly. Forget those over priced and over cooked anti-environmental plastic boil in the bags; toss out the horrible directions on the boxes. Follow my simple stove top directions or pressure cooking instructions and perfectly cooked brown rice will be a staple on your table.
- Cuban Black Bean Soup Premium PD Recipe This is a perfect go-to, one-pot, grain included, quick-prep recipe that only takes 15 minutes to toss together. Morning set-it-and-forget-it recipes make Protective Diet dinners easy and delicious using a slow cooker, or set the time delay on your electric pressure cooker. Take full advantage of this life changing time saving pressure-cooking feature. Set it to switch on as you are leaving the office, church or gym. Arrive home to a healthy, hot and hearty flavorful pot of Cuban Black Bean Soup tonight.
- Farro and Kale Soup Premium PD Recipe This classic, colorful, hearty Italian soup loaded with health-promoting high-energy whole grains and protective white beans with greens was just waiting for a Protective Diet makeover. I removed all the negative ingredients and doubled up on the good, creating an unforgettable one-pot meal beautiful enough to serve to guests. Farro and Kale Soup is a quick prep fall or winter meal, complete with recipe directions to maximize cancer fighting Sulforaphane protection and a gluten free option.
- Good ol’ Minestrone Soup Premium PD Recipe Minestrone in Italian means a big soup. A big pot of soup is perfect for stocking up your fridge and freezer with ready to go meals. It’s a great way to get kids to eat veggies. Start with the base of the soup as your guide, and then use the suggested veggies or whatever you have on hand to turn out one of the best Italian style veggie bean soups created.
- Hoppin’ John Premium PD Recipe This classic dish from the Carolinas is enjoyed year round, but traditionally served and celebrated throughout the South on New Year's Day as part of a feast to grant everyone a prosperous New Year. Prosperity is symbolized across this classic Southern plate with black-eyed peas to represent coins, collard greens to symbolize American currency, and cornbread is golden like bars of gold. This year I am introducing health to this classic plate of American history. I have eliminated all the fat and highlighted the delicious rich flavors of the South with this quick-prep pressure cooking or stovetop recipe. Protective Diet makes it possible to enjoy special holiday meals and our prosperous New Year ahead in the best of health.
- Indian Spice Rice Premium PD Recipe Expand your palate with the addition of powerfully protective, antioxidant rich aromatic spices in their beautiful whole form. Most spices used ground in North American desserts are used in their whole pod or seed form in savory exotic dishes from India to Vietnam. Indian Spice Rice incorporates the essence of whole cloves, cardamom pods, cinnamon bark and beautiful black mustard seeds to immediately transport you and your family to the kitchens of India, transforming simple rice into a masterpiece flavored with exotic protection.
- Lentil & Rice One-Pot Premium PD Recipe This quick-prep one-pot stick-to-your-ribs recipe is designed to offer your body protection and starch energy, satisfying the entire family with comforting familiar warm flavors. It’s complete with stovetop and pressure cooking options, along with pick your liquid ingredient choices of whole or diced canned tomatoes, or a budget friendly tomato paste option to help you save for your next size down when BCS (Baggy Clothes Syndrome) hits hard and you've been accused of wearing clown pants to work. We must all have time for activities and fun, so we’ve created this set-it-and-forget-it pressure cooker recipe to offer it all. Stock your pantry with PD staples, fill your herb box, and you will have a new weekly go-to recipe that takes just minutes to assemble in the morning to set up on time delay, or to start just in time for dinner.
- Lentil Stew Free PD Recipe This hearty lentil recipe was created for the electric pressure cooker. It's a nutrient dense one-pot time-saver with smoky warm flavors from cumin seeds and smoked paprika. Prep this stew in the morning, set the time delay, and arrive home to a memorable home-cooked stick to your ribs plant-based meal.
- Lucky Dog Food Free PD Recipe Homemade dog food is a serious commitment to begin, but it can provide your four-legged bestie with a great health advantage. This recipe was formulated using whole food plant-based ingredients, carefully selected to provide my dog Lucky with the ideal diet to live a high-energy active lifestyle while offering protection to all animals and our planet.
- Perfectly Cooked Quinoa Premium PD Recipe I enjoy quinoa regularly since perfecting how to properly and quickly cook these tiny but hearty little seeds. Quinoa is often labeled a whole grain because it is cooked like one and marketed as an "Ancient Grain." It is actually a seed of the Goosefoot plant containing high nutritive value and gluten-free starch energy. Whether you choose to use the easy stovetop or quick pressure-cooking method, you will be pleased with Perfectly Cooked Quinoa. Toss with fresh herbs as a hot or cold stand alone side dish, serve in place of rice with PD Busy Day Chili or layered in Protective Diet's Cruciferous Casserole. Quinoa adds starch-based variety to your plate.
- Plant Based Yogurt Premium PD Recipe Leave it to the team at Protective Diet to come up with the healthiest and easiest low calorie plant based yogurt recipe free of chemical additives. It takes less than one minute to prepare and costs under $2.00 per quart. Get your yogurt makers ready, because we have come up with some exciting recipes using this yogurt as a star ingredient.
- Puerto Rican Rice with Pigeon Peas – Arroz con Gandules Premium PD Recipe Puerto Rican rice with peas is made using homemade sofrito and a famous seasoning packet found in every Puerto Rican kitchen called Sazon. This traditional rice dish consists of nutritious and delicious whole plant-based ingredients. I've kept all the flavors including homemade sofrito, stepped up the fiber and nutrient value with brown rice, and eliminated the seasoning packet loaded with craving inducing food additives and excessive sodium. I invite you to take a Protective Diet style culinary trip to Puerto Rico with Arroz con Gandules.
- Roasted Chili Verde Premium PD Recipe Protective Diet’s Roasted Chili Verde is slow cooker gone gourmet. Aromatic and colorful with fresh toppings, it will give you the Plant-Based Foodie award at the chili cook-off
- Slow Cooker Golumpki (Cabbage Rolls) Premium PD Recipe Enjoy this home cooked hearty Polish classic with a Protective Diet makeover. This recipe is complete with a technique video along with four cooking options including pressure cooking, slow cooking, stove top and oven baked methods. You’ll become a plant based chef in just one try with simple to follow directions using easy to find inexpensive whole plant based ingredients.
- Slow Cooker Sloppy Jerrys Premium PD Recipe Sloppy Joes are all about the sauce. I made this version with a sauce so sweet and wonderful I had to name them after Jerry. These are perfect to prepare in the morning on a lazy summer day, when you don’t want to be indoors cooking over a hot stove. There’s nothing better than arriving home after a day at the beach to a smell that will have you and the kids lining up for dinner. Toast up some PD Burger Buns from the freezer and dinner is served. I hope this recipe gives all the hard working moms and dads a chance to go play and have fun this summer.
- Spanish Rice Premium PD Recipe This traditional Mexican rice is perfectly prepared using my easy stove top method or a presser cooker. Server this heart healthy oil free version as a side dish with Beef-less tacos at your next fiesta.
- Split Pea Soup Free PD Recipe This recipe was created for all day simmering soup flavor. I nicknamed my electric pressure cooker "The Life Changer.” With this recipe and my Life Changer, I can prepare this soup in 15 minutes and have it on the table within the hour. If you have a few extra minutes in the morning, set it up using the time delay or prepare it in a slow cooker. You will be welcomed home with a thick-as-fog style bowl of old fashioned split pea soup.
- Summertime Slow Cooker BBQ Beans Premium PD Recipe These aren't ordinary open the can and warm um up style baked beans. They have gourmet Foodie appeal along with traditional flavors. Make them for an exciting addition to a summertime BBQ. This easy prep, set-it and forget-it recipe is perfect for hot days when turning on the oven isn't an option and you'd much rather be outside playing grill master than indoors checking on a side dish.
- Sweet & Sour Cabbage Premium PD Recipe Rotkohl, or German style braised red cabbage, is a delicious way to enjoy Fall’s powerfully protective harvest. Fill your plate with this easy prep and quick cook version of the traditional German side dish balanced with hearty homemade Spaetzle dressed in PD Butter Sauce. Serve cold leftovers along with PD Soft Pretzels dipped in yellow mustard and washed down with an ice cold PD Pale Ale in celebration of Oktoberfest.
- Veggie Chili Free PD Recipe This is a classic Protective Diet starter recipe, perfect for beginners or young chefs. Invest fifteen minutes in the morning and toss the ingredients into the slow cooker, switch it on and arrive home to be greeted with the delicious aroma of the Southwest. There’s nothing better than arriving home to a hot pot of simmering chili ready and waiting to be enjoyed. Turn up the spice with the addition of jalapenos or keep it kid friendly and mild.
- Yellow Lentil Soup Free PD Recipe This soup is a remake of my favorite Middle Eastern restaurant's house soup. It is bright in color and thick and rich, with warm flavors of smoked paprika and cumin. Although it is traditionally called lentil soup, it is made with yellow split peas. I always stock all the simple ingredients for this house favorite in my Protective Diet Pantry. Enjoy this soup in under an hour with the use of an electric pressure cooker or prepare it in a slow cooker and arrive home to an unforgettable dinner.