Class #315 | 12 – Steps To Improve Your Metabolism
This class presents twelve life-enhancing actions to increase your metabolic rate for a lean fit body. Eliminate metabolic disorders and lose those “survival pounds” by supporting your mind-microbe connection and promoting harmony and homeostasis in the body.
- Engage in our official support group, Protective Diet Living (PDL). Join Live Chats & Coaching Hour for personal assistance.
- Shop www.protectivediet.com/bulk, an independent source for low-cost, high-quality PD staples in bulk.
- Take advantage of current savings on Protective Diet Plant-Based Broth Mix.
|Chronic Stress||Inflammation||Homeostasis||Metabolism||Metabolic Syndrome|
Actions for a Lean Fit Body
- Manage Stress
- Stress management is not a one-time thing. Stress creeps back in. It requires adaptation and diligent management.
- Stress can take the form of excitement—learning new things, moving to a new home, starting a new job, or learning to manage your work/personal life. Exciting changes require us to adopt new techniques to manage new stresses.
- Stress causes inflammation in the body, just like eating a cheeseburger would, but without the cholesterol and fat. An inflamed body promotes disease and initiates a flight or fight response. All systems are on high alert adjusting, correcting, and producing hormones (like cortisol) that signal the body to conserve resources and slow down the metabolism.
- Homeostasis—no matter what it encounters, the body will adjust to maintain stability. It will correct and correct to create conditions that are optimal for survival, until it can’t anymore, giving way to disease and death. In a state of chronic stress the body will conserve resources by slowing down the metabolism and holding onto body fat just in case it is needed.
- Reverse Metabolic Syndrome—a cluster of harmful food borne conditions currently being studied in relation to a person’s microbiome composition. The key players in metabolic syndrome are high blood pressure, diabetes, and obesity—all inflammatory diseases. They are food borne because they are the result of eating processed foods and animal products. A person who has multiple conditions at once is diagnosed with
- “Metabolic Syndrome” although it has nothing to do with how you digest food. It has everything to do with the body’s inability to cope with the foods you are choosing. This condition is easily reversible with a Protective Diet.
- Beware of these 12 Causes of Metabolic Slow Down
|Chronic Stress||Sleep Depravation||Sedentary Indoor Lifestyle||Shallow Breathing|
|If your mind or body is constantly stressed, resident microbes will live in “survival mode” to conserve resources.||Leads to hormone disruption, cravings, belly fat, and reduced overall fat loss.||Lymph is sluggish leading to toxin build-up, constipation, insulin resistance, low energy, and lethargy.||Cells that lack oxygen absorb nutrients poorly. Fast, shallow breathing causes anxiety, tight muscles, etc.|
|Dehydration||Toxin Exposure||Overconsumption||Rushed Eating|
|Metabolism occurs at the cellular level. Dehydrated cells cannot create and burn energy efficiently.||Environmental toxins, cleaning products, personal care products, fragrances, plastics, pesticides, etc.||Overeating on a regular basis is very taxing on the body and requires constant digestion.||Shoveling in food while working, watching stressful programming while eating, or not chewing food thoroughly.|
|Chronic Detox||Feeling Alone||Feeling Rushed||Worry|
|The body is constantly filtering off-plan foods, chemical food additives, alcohol or medication.||Living in isolation is not ideal. We are social creatures and sharing space with others boosts our resident microbes.||Lacking time or rushing around to be productive can send a message of “panic” to the body.||Stewing about your body fat, the state of the world, finances, etc. without taking action to move forward.|
- Rev up Your Metabolism with These 12 Remedies
|1||Start the Day With Peace “Peace be with you.” Start your day with this focus no matter what is on your plate. Realize that everything is going to be okay. “I am a productive person. I’m going to get everything addressed.” Get up an hour earlier so you have time to do what’s important to you.|
|2||Set Your Intention and Expect Results “I want to be my best self today. What would my best self do?” Begin every day like this. Be in the present and don’t worry about the next ten things on your list. Set your intention to follow through with these suggestions. Focus, visualize, and move forward.|
|3||Create Routine Proper Sleep Habits Set a consistent bedtime. Get into a bedtime routine. Create a sleeping sanctuary in your bedroom.|
|4||Do Daily Breath Work Oxygenate your blood. Breathing deeply calms you. It’s like going for a jog or a walk while lying down. Julie Marie recommends the Wim Hof Method.|
|5||Exercise Outside Pick up Nature’s microbes. Touch a leaf. Touch a dog. Get an exercise partner that is as excited as you about the final goal. Lift weights to tighten up and increase your metabolic rate. Lift to the point of fatigue. Increase weights to see progress. Walk up an incline.|
|6||Hydrate With Protective Beverages Staying hydrated will increase your blood flow and help you feel energetic and refreshed. A cold protective beverage in the Summertime reduces the physical stress of being hot. A warm beverage in the winter reduces the physical stress of being cold.|
|7||Eat a Protective Diet Fulltime A low fat, sugar-free, additive-free diet full of protection is so important. A Protective Diet takes the stress out of healthy eating. Keep yogurt made and ready at all times. Have ingredients on hand for your fast five meals. This will reduce stress and help your metabolism.|
|8||Chew Properly & Eat Slowly Plate up your meal as beautiful as possible and sit down before eating. Pause for gratitude over the protection in your meal. You don’t get energy from eating. Eating produces insulin which slows you down. So skip the meal if you have to eat it in a state of stress.|
|9||Focus on Food Satisfaction Make your food exciting. Plate it beautifully. This will help you feel satisfied at the end of your meal. No dopamine response or hit of excitement will cause you to continually eat and graze looking for excitement in your food. Change your salad dressing.|
|10||Increase Plant Fiber Diversity Each food populates a different microbe. The more variety you eat, the more diverse your microbiome leading to better metabolism, anti-inflammatory effects, and better nutrient absorption. Buy a new ingredient. Try a different lettuce. Add a new spice.|
|11||Engage with Supportive Family & Friends You always have my support with anything you are working on for betterment. I want to encourage you in it. Anything that is helping you feel better, be better, be fitter & stronger, and promoting your health and longevity, I want to hear about it.|
|12||Track Your Progress Celebrate progress as it unfolds. The mind-body connection is so strong. Gut microbes send messages up the Vegus Nerve to the brain. They guide our actions, but we manage the composition of our microbial population. Good choices = Good microbes = Good feelings.|
- Don’t ever forget I am here to support you. Let me know how you are doing and which of these actions you feel will help you. Keep in touch with me. Stay close. I’m your biggest cheerleader! And you have this community. We regroup twice a week.
- Expect results. Stay focused on the mind-body connection. What we think we bring about.
“The hardest part of healthy living is managing stress. I must take daily action to protect my wellbeing by reducing stress to feel comfortable, secure, safe, joyful, successful, and in charge of my daily experience.”
|#037 Sleeping Like a Rock||#161 Tips for Eliminating Stress in Challenging Times||#129 Daily Actions to Eliminate Stress#298 Stress Elimination Challenge|
|#239 Tweak Your Physique|
This class presents twelve life-enhancing actions to increase your metabolic rate for a lean fit body. Eliminate metabolic disorders and lose those “survival pounds” by supporting your mind-microbe connection and promoting harmony and homeostasis in the body.Class URL: https://protectivediet.com/courses/protective-diet-education/lessons/twelve-actions-to-increase-your-metabolic-rate-actions-for-a-lean-fit-body-class-315/