Class #329 | Soymilk & Active Meditation with Positive Self-talk
Introducing a genius kitchen system for making the best organic soymilk and yogurt at pennies per quart. Julie Marie demonstrates an easy remake of the original recipe with pro tips that turn the process into a therapeutic active meditation rather than a chore.
- Engage in our official support group, Protective Diet Living (PDL). Join Live Chats & Coaching Hour for personal assistance.
- Shop www.protectivediet.com/azure, an independent source for low-cost, high-quality PD staples in bulk.
- Take advantage of current savings on Protective Diet Plant-Based Broth Mix.
Action Steps for Soymilk Magic
|A Protective Diet Includes Organic Soybeans For cellular protection, we enjoy whole, organic soybeans blended, cooked, or fermented in the form of additive-free:|
|-unsweetened soymilk -homemade soy yogurt -okara -refrigerated tofu (unseasoned)||-tempeh (unseasoned) -miso paste -reduced-sodium tamari|
|We avoid all processed soy food products such as soy curls, TVP, faux meats, oils, and soy protein extracts or powders.For information on the cellular protective qualities of minimally processed organic soy, see: -Class #281 Making Perfect Yogurt and Eating an Anti-Angiogenic Diet to Prevent Cancer -And Benefits of Soy, located on the Frequently Asked Questions page|
- Source Organic Soybeans in Bulk
- Protective Diet Recipes transform organic soybeans into milk, yogurt, sour cream, cream cheeze, meltable cheeze, block cheeze, creamy soups, creamy pasta sauces, cakes and cookies, frostings, puddings, ice creams, salad dressings and dips, beautifully browned oil-free baked goods, plant-based “meats” and more. Several recommended recipes are listed below.
- Source bulk organic soybeans locally, or at protectivediet.com/azure for highest quality at competitive pricing. Food safe storage buckets and lids are also available for deep pantry storage of this key ingredient.
|1 pound of soybeans = 4 quarts of milk or yogurt 25 pounds of beans = 100 quarts of milk or yogurt|
- Homemade soymilk is wonderful. No packaging, no labels, no chemical additives/preservatives, no BPA, no suffering animals, no suffering humans, no arterial plaque, no metabolic dysfunction, no inflammatory disease, no endocrine disorders, just organic beans & clean water, made in stainless steel using no extra gadgets, and stored in glass.
|Meditation: focusing on breathing, a burning candle, or another object in an attempt to clear the mind. Mindfulness Meditation: being in the present and allowing feelings and thoughts to flow without judgment or reservation. Active Meditation: bringing meditation into daily activities by focusing on the task at hand from a multisensory perspective.|
- Make Soymilk as an Active Meditation
- Your Workplace for Wellness (kitchen) should be therapeutic in every way. Ordinary tasks on a Protective Diet are designed to be calming, enjoyable, and nourishing to body, mind and spirit.
- PD Recipes that are made repeatedly can become active meditations.
- Watch this class for visual guidance and study the Organic Soymilk recipe, then make soymilk/yogurt several times until it feels familiar. Soon you will no longer need to read the recipe. It will be a stress relieving activity.
- Putting kitchen systems in place and practicing recipes until they become second nature will take your practice of a Protective Diet and Lifestyle from awkward and foreign to normal and intuitive.
- Some PD Recipes that lend themselves to active meditation include—kneading dough for pita bread, shaping soft pretzels, rinsing sprouts, spreading batter for sheet cakes and crackers, massaging sauerkraut, chopping veggies, slicing watermelon, measuring ingredients for your favorite salad dressing, brewing Protective Beverages, and decorating cutout cookies.
- Clean As You Go and Use Positive Self Talk
- Two keys to a pleasurable kitchen experience: clean as you go, and use positive self-talk about your progress.
- Train yourself to clean throughout the cooking process. Make it a game. The goal is to touch each item only once. Use it, rinse it, and load it in the dishwasher, or lay it on a drying rack. Touch it once. Try to have the clean-up and the meal prep finish at the same time. Most things just need a good rinse. A sink full of dirty dishes is not the norm on a Protective Diet.
- Clean-up is easy on a Protective Diet because grease and harmful bacteria like salmonella have no place in our kitchens.
- Use a long handled dishwashing brush to save your hands and make your own dish soap by diluting ¼ cup of castile soap with water in a 32oz. squeeze bottle—the original castile soap bottle works great for this.
- The way you talk about your efforts/progress on a Protective Diet will be a powerful positive or negative motivating factor.
- If we say “I don’t think I can do this” we are not going to succeed. If I get up on my pull-up bar and say, “I’m not as strong as I was two years ago” I won’t even be able to crank out one pull up. If I shift to positive self-talk, “I am so fit! I can’t believe I was ever overweight!” I can crank out two or more pull ups because I am producing energizing dopamine as I think about my past and all I’ve overcome. The thoughts we choose make all the difference—“I am the healthiest person I know!”
- You are evolving into a very fit, healthy, human being that populates a very healthy, protective microbiome population. You are diligent about this. You eat a diverse, high plant fiber diet. You are improving with every bite. You can live free of fear. Diseases, viruses and bacterial infections cannot harm us if we proactively collect, protect and populate healthy microbes.
- Look at the protective Organic Soy Yogurt you took the time to make. Think about the genistein in the soybean that’s protecting you. You need healthy microbes to make that genistein bioavailable, and the microbiome begins in the mouth.
- Preparing plant diverse meals and oral care products that promote the oral microbiome are the most important things you do in a day. It’s what goes in your mouth that protects you or promotes disease.
- Put your breadmaker pan on top of a kitchen scale, tare the scale, then and measure ingredients by-the-gram directly into it.
- Make Ahead Tip: pre-assemble the dry ingredients for Healthy Valley Ranch in a wide-mouth pint jar. When it’s time to make dressing, add fresh garlic and the creamy addition to a mixing bowl, dump in the spice mix, stir, and scoop it back into the jar.
- Keep fresh garlic in a jar on the counter for easy access, or separate cloves and freeze. The Suzy 2 garlic press can handle frozen cloves. Remove the skin (with something other than your hand to avoid smelly fingers) and add it to your kitchen compost bin.
|h 50/50 Summer Weight Loss Challenge Menu Featuring Homemade Soymilk g|
|Veggie Portion: Salad Crunch Wraps filled with Air Fried Zucchini Noodles, 7-Day Sauerkraut, Protective Sprouts, Probiotic Pickled Onions and Burger Pickles, served with Probiotic Pepper Sauce and Healthy Valley Ranch for dipping.||Starch Portion: Premade Vanilla Biscotti Mandel Bread with chilled Organic Soymilk for dipping.|
|Dessert: Papaya. Remove the seeds from one half and fill the cavity with Organic Yogurt and Toasted Oats.|
- If you have kids, let them to help you. These are the greatest lessons you can give them. I learned from my mom. She taught me to love food, to love cooking, to make it beautiful, and this has helped me to inspire others to enjoy a Protective Diet.
- Now is your time to shine. When our food looks good and we look like kitchen wizards buzzing around our kitchen making simple, beautiful, guaranteed recipes, our friends and family will join us. But if we look like we are eating in isolation, because “our food isn’t good enough to serve to them” we won’t influence anyone. We need to make it look fun, appealing, and easy.
“I’m ready to dish up the cookies and milk! This is a dream come true.”
|#327 Binge Eating & the Butyrate Bath||#328 Weight Loss Challenge & the Salad Crunch Wrap||#325 3-Month Goal Challenge|
|#254 Taquitos and Living in the Moment||#281 Making Perfect Yogurt and Eating an Anti-Angiogenic Diet to Prevent Cancer|
Introducing a genius kitchen system for making the best organic soymilk and yogurt at pennies per quart. Julie Marie demonstrates an easy remake of the original recipe with pro tips that turn the process into a therapeutic active meditation rather than a chore.Class URL: https://protectivediet.com/courses/protective-diet-education/lessons/class-329-soymilk-active-meditation-with-positive-self-talk/