Class #333 | Get Motivated With Exciting Goals
Join Julie Marie in her happy place for a sunset chat about leveraging our brain chemistry as instinctively reward-driven humans to trigger helpful neurotransmitters, like dopamine, that generate excitement and motivate us to achieve our ultimate goals.
- Engage in our official support group, Protective Diet Living (PDL). Join Live Chats & Coaching Hour for personal assistance.
- Shop http://www.protectivediet.com/azure, the organic farm that delivers near you, for low-cost, high-quality PD staples.
|Motivation||Dopamine||Ghrelin||Plant Fiber Diversity||Goals vs Actions||Gut Microbiome|
Action Steps for Feeling Motivated
- Visualize an Exciting Goal
- Imagine your ultimate, exciting goal. Choose a goal that lights you up when you think about it. Imagine what it would feel like if you were at your ideal body weight experiencing optimal health with no medication? Excitement is the key.
|“I want to reverse heart disease.”||“I feel strong and energized as I (insert favorite activity).”|
|“I want to walk 3x a week”||“I’m walking confidently down the beach in a bathing suit next summer.”|
- Visualize your goal in detail every day. Your natural reward system will produce dopamine just by thinking about it.
- Julie Marie and Jerry used visualization techniques to find and purchase the site for their Protective Diet Homestead.
|5 Steps of Visualization Write what you want in detail. What does it look like, sound like, feel like, smell like, and taste like?Mark your weight loss goal in your Calendar of Achievements. For Example: If your goal is to lose 50lbs, mark a day exactly 5 months in the future. Average weight loss over time on a Protective Diet is 10lbs a month. NOTE: Weight comes off in clusters, so expect monthly weigh-ins to vary. Imagine the emotion attached to achieving your goal until it feels real.Envision this desired outcome every single morning. Express gratitude for it.Take action everyday toward your goal: make the recipes, drink the protective beverages, and watch the classes. When you feel pressured to join the club of “miserable-hooked-on-sugar-with-tight-pants” people say, “No!”|
- Make a Commitment
- Commit to follow a Protective Diet 100% for 30 days. Your natural reward system will take over and push you to continue.
- Keep it pure and simple. Use the recipes as your guide, especially the Quick Prep recipe category.
- Eliminate distractions of other plant-based coaches who advise different practices. Eating coconut oil, hemp seeds, or cashew-based sauces will ruin your taste buds, causing your fat receptors to be dissatisfied with Healthy Valley Ranch.
- Make this your one constant. Distractions of life derail us if we let them. They come through like a storm, stay longer than we would like, and sometimes cause us to stop caring for ourselves. But your health can help you get through them. Your PD Workplace for Wellness will always give you benefits. A PD practice firmly in place will help you handle the unexpected.
- When You Don’t Feel Like It…
- Just get ready to take the next step. As soon as you get dressed, wash your face, etc. you will be rewarded with dopamine and the feelings of excitement to achieve your goal will be reignited, motivating you to get going.
- Or do a mini version of the next step. Be consistent. Keep it simple. Just keep off-plan foods out.
- Listen to an archived lesson or read a recipe. Reading the protective science will reassure you about what you are doing.
- Progress As You Are Ready
- Start with Kids Spaghetti and progress through the recipes until you enjoy vegged up recipes like BBQ Brisket Sliders.
- Keep it simple at first. If you want to eat one starch for two weeks straight that’s fine during detox. You are reprogramming your tastebuds to love tofu-based dips like French Onion Dip and Jerry’s Organic Plant-based Yogurt.
- Do not reject things that feel confusing, scary or overwhelming at first. Sometimes the benefits turn out to be surprising.
- PD progression happens naturally—we get hooked, we get a dopamine hit when we eat healthy food because we have populated healthy microbes. When they are fed what they love, they produce short chain fatty acids that heal, calm, and strengthen our entire body. The rewards propel us forward to take further action and continue feeling our best.
The Natural Progression of Optimal Health on a Protective Diet
|30 Day Detox & Tastebud Reprogram||Detox from Disease Fertilizers, Reprogram Fat and Sugar Receptors, Let Bad Gut Microbes Die Off -eliminate animal products, sweeteners, oils, nuts, flaxseeds, dried fruit, coffee, and food additives -follow the recipes for perfectly balanced nutrition and high energy|
|Workplace for Wellness||Stock Your Kitchen with Essential Ingredients and Tools -follow the recipes to learn new cooking techniques and kitchen systems -learn to travel, pack a lunch, host a dinner, and celebrate special occasions Protective Diet style|
|Fast Five||Know Five Fast Meals You Can Assemble Anytime -identify five meals you always enjoy—buy ingredients for these recipes in bulk -post the recipes inside your cupboard door and practice making them until you can do it with ease|
|50/50 Balanced Plate||Build Your Plate with Half Starch Energy and Half Veggie Protection -grow health within by incorporating more plants with your starch on a balanced plate -achieve your ideal body weight|
|The PD Groove||Maintain a Healthy BMI and Vitality -your new lifestyle feels familiar, comforting and enjoyable—your microbiome prefers it -you know how to adapt and maintain your practice in any situation—you are in The PD Groove|
|Movement & Autophagy||Skin Tightening & Body Recomposition -as you get pep in your step you will naturally want to exercise and fill in loose skin with muscle -support your body as it works to recycle cells you no longer use in a process called autophagy|
|Microbiome Population Project||Boost the Microbiome and Heal the Gut Wall -increase plant fiber diversity by including a variety of plants and whole grains in each meal -learn to ferment fruits and vegetables to multiply their power with probiotics -go organic and get outside in untreated spaces to pick up nature’s microbes -clean up your cleaning and self-care products with PD Lifestyle Recipes that protect good microbes -eliminate alcohol—it wipes out your microbiome|
|Pauses in Digestion||10x Meal Satisfaction, Regulate Hormones, Get Ultra Lean & Shredded, Enjoy Anti-Aging Benefits -learn mindful eating strategies and stop snacking between meals -skip breakfast or intermittent fast to reduce caloric consumption and regulate hunger hormones –Feast on one glorious meal a day to simplify your PD practice & get the proven benefits of Fasting|
- Matcha does not cause a crash like coffee. We get protective, anti-aging polyphenols from tea.
- If you can’t give up coffee and you can manage the cravings and crashes it causes, don’t let that stop you from joining us.
- A hybrid or partial Protective Diet (PAPD) will not get my results. Follow my lead with a Protective Diet 100% for my results.
- Don’t ever be embarrassed to tell me where you are starting from, or restarting from because I have experienced it all.
- We are reward driven humans. When we get on the scale, we want to see a difference. It’s coming. I promise. In 3 months you will be unrecognizable!
“Keep your eye on the prize. Visualize and think about it every day to get that dopamine pumping. The healthy life it serves you is beyond your expectations every day.”
Join Julie Marie in her happy place for a sunset chat about leveraging our brain chemistry as instinctively reward-driven humans to trigger helpful neurotransmitters, like dopamine, that generate excitement and motivate us to achieve our ultimate goals.Class URL: https://protectivediet.com/courses/protective-diet-education/lessons/class-333-get-motivated-with-exciting-goals/