Class #331 | Top Cancer Protective Ingredients, Socializing Without Alcohol, and Preserving the Harvest
In this lesson, Julie Marie shares tips for how to manage social pressures, how to have fun at wine-focused parties, and all about the twenty-pound slim down bonus she experienced while developing healthy new booze-free wind-down rituals.
- Engage in our official support group, Protective Diet Living (PDL). Join Live Chats & Coaching Hour for personal assistance.
- Shop http://www.protectivediet.com/azure, the organic farm that delivers near you, for low-cost, high-quality PD staples.
- Take advantage of current savings on Protective Diet Plant-Based Broth Mix.
|GABA||Phytochemical||Polyphenol||Microbiome||Cancer Stem Cell|
Action Steps for Alcohol-Free Relaxation
Enjoy an Alcohol-Free Protective Beverage: the Sugar-Free Vinegar Shrub
- The Shrub (a Colonial Era beverage) is making a comeback because apple cider vinegar is beneficial to our microbiome in small quantities. It is very diluted, so as not to cause issues with tooth enamel. Use a straw to avoid acetic acid touching your teeth.
- Protective Diet’s Sugar-Free Vinegar Shrub was designed as a wellness tool featuring fresh-picked, cancer-protective seasonal fruit. It uses apple cider vinegar with the mother, for a live probiotic bonus, and always organic fruit in order to extract only pure protective qualities. Ripe fruit coupled with the longest infusion time listed on the recipe results in the most flavorful infusion.
- To assemble a mocktail, fill a glass with ice cubes and add one to two tablespoons of infused vinegar. Top with plain sparkling water. Buy Pellegrino sparkling water in a glass bottle (to avoid endocrine disrupting plastics), and without natural flavor (a chemical food additive that causes cravings and kills protective microbes, disrupting your immune system).
- Use tap water in place of sparkling water if you don’t like carbonation. The vinegar base will last for six months in the fridge.
- During a fast, drink within 30 minutes of feasting. When properly strained, the caloric value of this beverage is insignificant.
Socialize without Alcohol
- We need engagement. We need to socialize. We need to hug. We need to touch. This is critical for the microbiome. However, alcohol kills microbes, both the good and the bad. An impaired microbial population leads to gut dysbiosis, epithelial breakdown, leaky gut, impacting communication from gut to liver to brain, and causing an inflammatory immune response.
- 20 minutes after a drink, the relaxed feeling goes away. You feel lower/more depressed than before, so you need another drink.
- When hosting or attending a wine-focused party, become the person who is known for bringing the “recovery drinks”. Bring home-brewed protective beverages in attractive bottles. Mix a variety of beverages using various combinations of hibiscus and butterfly pea flowers. Bring a blue one, a purple one, and a red one. Create appealing labels—“Flower Water. Organic Hibiscus”. Fill a cup with ice and serve one up for yourself. People are going to be curious about what’s in your glass.
|Julie Marie’s Story—— Now they greet me with, “Here’s Julie and she brought the recovery drinks!” “There was a time when we went to the harvest party at the winery in our neighborhood and I decided I was going to have wine. I went through the whole party without drinking anything and then I said, “Give me some of that wine.” And I drank the wine. And then they were drinking tequila. It was some kind of vanilla-infused tequila and they were drinking it out of my friend’s homemade ice cold ceramic cups. I drank one of those. Oh wow! It was tasty sipping along with all the ladies. And then I had some more wine because I became uninhibited. All my rules went out the window! I didn’t think about brain cancer. I didn’t think about optimal health. I didn’t think about how I slide into my size two jeans. I didn’t think about how it was going to age my face, age my cells, and kill my microbes–totally wipe them out. I was having a great time. I felt amazing. And then, 20 minutes into it I started to feel a little lousy. Someone handed me a drink and said, “Try some of this.” And then I felt great again. And I tried some more. The next day, I felt like death. I had a full microbial cleanse. The alcohol killed all my microbes. I threw up all day long, so I had a cleanse both ways. This healthy beautiful body that I’ve been protecting for years got totally wiped out. I felt horrible. I looked in the mirror. I looked horrible! I was so dehydrated and sick that I couldn’t even drink water. I had to force myself to sip on it. I tell you this from experience. I live in the real world. These pressures come my way, but I keep my goals front and center. I’m 50 years old. I’m going on 51, and I’m so excited. With my brain cancer diagnosis, I was told, “You have about 5 years to live and any year after that is a bonus.” I’m on two bonus years. I’m living on borrowed time. I’m not messing around with boozing it up. I don’t know what I was thinking. I was lost in the moment of the party. But now at a party, I admire the people that aren’t drinking. There’s always people that aren’t drinking. I have a lot of friends that don’t drink any alcohol, and I see the benefits. I see the youthfulness in them. I’m so grateful that, even without drinking, I can still participate at parties and I can bring my recovery beverages to share.”|
- Don’t go cold turkey. Treat yourself! Use the Sugar-Free Vinegar Shrub or another full bodied PD beverage as a tool.
- Create rituals and routines to replace alcohol. A glass of wine while making dinner is a routine, a celebration, a pause.
- One drink makes you feel relaxed for a moment, just like GABA does. We have other ways of getting that relaxed feeling. Touch the soil, you’ll bank Vitamin D and pick up healthy microbes that produce serotonin in the gut and relax you.
- Seek out support. Every day that you go without alcohol, despite the urge to drink, share with our community. This common struggle is not something to be ashamed of. We want to support you in being totally protected on a Protective Diet.
- Enjoy additional benefits like weight loss. Julie Marie dropped 20 lbs when she gave up alcohol, dropping from a size 6 to a loose size 4. If you’re struggling with cravings, late night snacking, or always wanting a fourth meal, consider eliminating alcohol.
Incorporate Pure Cancer Protective Ingredients
- The inclusion of any amount of alcohol increases cancer cell proliferation. Marketing claims of health benefits are misleading.
- Protective Diet recipes are carefully formulated to include naturally occurring plant chemicals that kill cancer stem cells. These ingredients powerfully regress cancer tumors from the outside in, all the way down to the root, so they never grow back.
|Cancer Stem Cell Killer||Learn How to Include it Daily in Protective Diet Education|
|Resveratrol Red Grapes, Black Grapes, Raspberries, Blueberries, Cranberries, Cacao||Learn to stock the freezer with blueberries and fresh cranberries during seasonal sales. Choose dark grapes. Cacao powder and cacao nibs are easy to store and use in beverages & baked goods.|
|Curcumin & Gingerol Turmeric, Ginger root, PD Plant-Based Broth Mix||Use PD Broth Mix as a functional food vegetable broth replacement. Learn to store fresh turmeric and ginger root in the freezer door. Grate easily w/ a microplane into PD recipes.|
|Genistein Soymilk, Organic Soy Yogurt||Learn to set up an effortless system for making homemade yogurt and soymilk. Both are lifeline items included daily on a PD.|
|Piperine Black Pepper||Include several grinds of black pepper in every savory recipe to boost phytochemical bioavailability.|
|Quercetin Onions, Garlic, Chives, Leeks||Learn to keep fresh garlic on hand in the freezer. Learn to ferment onions and garlic. Use an onion a day.|
|Sulforaphane Cruciferous Vegetables: kale, broccoli, cabbage, radish||Learn to ferment cabbage. Learn to grow broccoli sprouts. Keep sliced radish covered with water in a jar in the fridge for quick addition to salads, rice bowls, sandwiches, etc.|
|Antioxidants Cinnamon, Cardamom||Used in many baked goods. Sprinkle on your oats along with a generous scoop of cancer stem cell-killing blueberries.|
|Capsaicin Hot Peppers, Cayenne Pepper||Learn to ferment hot peppers to amplify their protective phytochemicals. Participate in PD-Ed Spicy Food Training.|
|“When I was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer, I decided to forgo chemotherapy. I did not want to live through poisoning if I only had 5 years left. It’s been 7 years of daily dietary diligence and I have no brain cancer. I am living proof that this works.”|
“I study the science and incorporate these ingredients so they are handy in your fridge and freezer. All you have to do is dance around the kitchen like a kitchen wizard putting all your protective ingredients in. And you don’t even have to think about it because I have done all the work to keep you protected.”
- Enter any of these ingredients into the green search box for multiple recipes that incorporate them.
- Scientists know that polyphenols found in fruits, vegetables, spices, and everything we are serving up on a Protective Diet kill cancer stem cells better than chemotherapy does.
- Chemotherapy is shown to reduce tumor size slightly. Sometimes significantly when coupled with diet and lifestyle changes. Chemotherapy poisons the body while slightly reducing cancerous tumors.
Preserve the Harvest
- Microbiome Population Project: get outside and harvest. Populate microbes by touching the trees and deep breathing while you harvest. Do not wash fruit. Healthy microbes on organic fruit will transfer directly into your system increasing your protection.
- Offer to help neighbors harvest their fruit trees. Even if you don’t get any fruit out of it you will populate healthy microbes.
- Apricots: make sugar-free apricot puree–blend apricots and water bath can them. Use apricot puree to top Yogi Bowls, Fruit-on-the-Bottom Yogurt cups, and in Yo-Chi Jars.
- Mulberries: freeze in a single layer on a parchment-lined pan until firm and solid, then transfer to a plastic freezer bags or vacuum seal for longer term preservation that stacks nicely in your freezer—a year’s supply of resveratrol!
In this lesson, Julie Marie shares tips for how to manage social pressures, how to have fun at wine-focused parties, and all about the twenty-pound slim down bonus she experienced while developing healthy new booze-free wind-down rituals.Class URL: https://protectivediet.com/courses/protective-diet-education/lessons/class-331-top-cancer-protective-ingredients-socializing-without-alcohol-and-preserving-the-harvest/