Class #324 | Get Shredded With Carrot Salad
Protective Diet Class #324
Get Shredded with Carrot Salad
Join the 3-month challenge to lean down while feasting on a Protective Diet. Harness the power of a 24-hour fast to manipulate your microbes for dramatic changes in your mental and physical health—featuring a wintertime 50/50 plate demonstration.
- Engage in our official support group, Protective Diet Living (PDL). Join Live Chats & Coaching Hour for personal assistance.
- Shop http://www.protectivediet.com/azure, the organic farm that delivers near you, for low-cost, high-quality PD staples.
- Take advantage of current savings on Protective Diet Plant-Based Broth Mix.
|Capsaicin||Carotenoid||Anthocyanin||24-hour Fast||Misfit Microbes||Dopamine|
Action Steps for Getting Shredded on a Protective Diet
- Visualize Yourself at Goal
- Imagine your goal. Visualize it in detail. Write it in your Calendar of Achievements. Tell us about it so we can support you.
- Determine your daily actions then follow through precisely. When we hit our daily goals, we get a flood of dopamine and we want more, so we take more action. This is how we become our own inspiration and generate our own motivation.
- Don’t get distracted and stop before you get motivating results. You’ve done that so many times and it’s driving you crazy.
- 90% of your current mental and physical state is due to the microbial population you are hosting. Make them work for you.
- You can change everything about yourself, and eliminate fear of disease, by creating an environment for healthy microbes.
|Healthy Microbes||Misfit Microbes|
|Healthy microbes send signals from the gut, thru the vagus nerve, to the brain creating feel-good neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin.We know we are hosting a healthy microbial population when we feel excited about shopping for, preparing, and eating healthy foods like whole grains, fruits and vegetables.||Misfit microbes signal for constant feedings of junk. Processed foods, sugars, dates, oils and fats, animal products, additives, caffeine…they need this to survive.It’s not low blood sugar causing you to crave sugar; it’s your misfit microbes screaming for survival. Let them die. Don’t let them talk you out of doing what you know is healthy.|
- Practice a Fulltime Protective Diet to Populate Healthy Microbes
|Step 1: Complete the 30-Day Detox and Taste bud Reprogram—eliminate physical food addiction and cravings, awaken your taste buds, set up your Workplace for Wellness, and learn the science supporting a Protective Diet. Then proceed to Step 2. Step 2: Adopt the 50/50 Plate Practice to increase protection by balancing your plate with ½ starch and ½ fruit & veg at every meal. Step 3: Stop the Snacks—give your body breaks from digestion by eating 3 balanced meals a day, with no snacks in between. Golden Glow—a natural, carotenoid, warm tone to the skin develops within weeks after adopting a Protective Diet.Feelings of shakiness, low blood sugar, or intense cravings during detox are due to misfit microbes starving and dying. Their demands will conflict with your goal. Expect compromising thoughts to flood your head, but don’t quit. They will pass.Populate healthy microbes by eating prebiotics (raw protective plant fibers), and probiotics (Jerry’s Organic Plant-Based Yogurt and fermented foods). Protective Diet Recipes are specially formulated to include everything you need.|
- Transition to Day Fasting for Longevity, Disease Reversal, and a Shredded, Lean Physique
|Step 1: Skip breakfast and eat only lunch and dinner. When this feels easy, proceed to Step 2. Step 2: Eat Linner (late lunch, early dinner) and a small snack in the evening. When this feels easy, proceed to Step 3. Step 3: Eat a late dinner and you will be eating only one meal a day and experiencing all the benefits. Breakfast is bogus—when we eat, we produce insulin and it tanks our energy. Watch a baby—they fall asleep after a meal.The fastest way to turn over our microbiome from misfit to healthy is a 24-hour fast. Fasting is proven to improve conditions such as dysbiosis, chronic candida, reverse SIBO without antibiotic treatments, reverse high blood pressure and elevated cholesterol, eliminate thyroid problems like Hashimoto’s, and get our hormones processing properly.|
Fasting, the Microbiome, and Mental Health
- Dopamine Receptor Repair—dopamine causes a motivating, feel-good effect. At 24-hours of fasting, we experience dopamine receptor repair. If you are going through the struggle of getting off narcotics, or if you have flat-lined and lost your lust for life, fasting will help you feel joy again by repairing and multiplying the dopamine receptors in your brain.
- GABA Production—GABA is a feel-good, calming chemical that we need, especially the ladies going through the change of life (menopause). It comes from alcohol and that’s why many are drawn to alcohol. Fasting produces it naturally. The inclusion of alcohol will not produce a shredded body with outstanding fitness, and it will disrupt your sleep dramatically.
- Insulin Regulation and Neurodegeneration—constant insulin production is correlated with Alzheimer’s—now referred to as Type 3 Diabetes. Eating frequently causes constant insulin production. Fasting regulates blood sugars and insulin, allowing it to be used to clear debris from the brain. Diabetics are constantly producing insulin, but it is not received because the insulin receptors are clogged with fat. Eliminate dietary fats for improved blood flow to your brain and your eyes.
- Positive Outlook—depression is correlated with a microbiome that lacks diversity. Raw fruits and vegetables promote a diversity of healthy microbes, improving mental health. The notes on the bottom of Protective Diet Recipes detail information on the protective ingredients we can include to improve our mental health.
Fasting, the Microbiome, and Physical Health
- Solid Sleep—fatigue is the body’s response to insulin. Feasting after fasting leads to solid sleep. Dehydration leads to insomnia. If you can’t get back to sleep DO NOT pick up your phone. Make a list of the thoughts that are keeping you awake. Let them go, be at peace, get a drink, and go back to bed. If that doesn’t work, get up and do something on your list.
- Increased Human Growth Hormone (HGH)—a hormone produced by the pituitary gland in the brain that is basically the fountain of youth. We are flooded with it in our teenage years. It helps us maintain strong bones and increases muscle development. Production declines with increased age, excess body fat, and insulin release. Constant feedings cause insulin release, which stops HGH production. HGH peaks at the 13th hour of fasting. Increase HGH production to reverse the hands of time. HGH supplements are not the same as what our body produces and can be dangerous.
- Max Muscle Development—workout to the point of total fatigue when HGH is high. Lift heavy and let the weight down slowly, that’s when muscle is building. Experience a 12-week transformation at any age, if you follow my lead on this.
- Autophagy—cellular recycling of damaged cells to make new, healthy cells—happens at the 17th hour of fasting.
- Fearless Aging—we don’t have to experience the loss of independence resulting from weak bones and muscles. In Protective Diet Education we learn solid, scientifically proven information and a toolbox of skills and systems.
- Expect Discomfort at First, but Keep Your Eye on the Prize
- Believe in it. We are just three months away from someone who is unrecognizable physically and energetically.
- We need to keep our eye on the prize. Get excited about the goal. Visualize yourself at your goal every morning.
- Those microbes screaming are going to challenge you. They are going to make you feel comfortable with quitting. It’s going to be uncomfortable until we start producing neurotransmitters that reward us. That’s why I suggest a fulltime, full-force Protective Diet, not just little healthy changes. Lackluster results will cause you to go back to your old ways.
|Wintertime 50/50 Plate|
|Warming Starter: Beauty Broth Hot Pot Protective Main: Hot Seasoned Rice, with raw Get Shredded Carrot Salad, topped w/ Ruby Raw Kraut, Probiotic Pepper Sauce Protective Sprouts and Air-Fried Chickpeas “I have healthy microbes. I can tell they love this salad because I feel amazing just being around it.”|
Cooking & Lifestyle Tips
- Remove the instant pot liner from the base before adding ingredients to prevent dumping directly into the base by mistake.
- If the instant pot pressure valve is forcefully letting off steam, even when it’s closed, you need replacement parts.
- Start a batch of Protective Sprouts once a week so you always have them handy as a raw garnish to expand your microbiome.
- I am here to help you. I am not the food police. I am Julie Marie, the girl that did it. I’m encouraging you because I want you to feel amazing and healed.
- In PD-Ed we have dramatic life-changing experiences because we are promoting a life-changing dietary approach.
“Small changes, to get a little healthier, will not
produce the dramatic results you crave.”
Join the 3-month challenge to lean down while feasting on a Protective Diet. Harness the power of a 24-hour fast to manipulate your microbes for dramatic changes in your mental and physical health—featuring a wintertime 50/50 plate demonstration.Class URL: https://protectivediet.com/courses/protective-diet-education/lessons/class-324-get-shredded-with-carrot-salad/