Class #328 | Weight Loss Challenge and the Salad Crunch Wrap
Introducing the Summer Weight Loss Challenge. Let’s address reasons why your weight won’t budge, and review application tips to help you consistently maintain a low BMI without any thought—like slimming down with a fresh and filling Salad Crunch Wrap.
- Engage in our official support group, Protective Diet Living (PDL). Join Live Chats & Coaching Hour for personal assistance.
- Shop http://www.protectivediet.com/azure, an independent source for low-cost, high-quality PD staples in bulk.
- Take advantage of current savings on Protective Diet Plant-Based Broth Mix. Rising ingredient costs are forcing prices up.
- Julie Marie shares exciting transformation results from Christina and Suzette after completing the 3-Month Goal Challenge.
|Weight Loss||Day Fast & Feast||Microbing||Polyphenol||Vitamin D||Meal Satisfaction|
Action Steps for the Summer Slimdown Challenge
|Follow this versatile summer recipe and these tips from the live demonstration:Tear a rectangle of parchment paper—sized for the desired length of your wrap.In the corner of the parchment positioned toward you on a diagonal, build a multi-layer woven mat or grid of pre-prepped large lettuce leaves.Choose your filling ingredients from the 12+ options listed on the recipe and pile on top of the lettuce mat. Optional: make two wraps with different fillings and eat half of each for variety. Share the other set of halves with your dinner partner. Julie Marie demonstrates two versions: Version 1—use leftover Kids Spaghetti, add crunch with broccoli sprouts (They pack 25x the sulforaphane protection of mature broccoli!), alfalfa sprouts, 7-Day Sauerkraut, Burger Pickles, and Probiotic Pickled Onions. Version 2—use leftover salad dressed w/Oil-Free Olive Garden Salad Dressing. Soggy salad leftovers are brought back to life wrapped in a crisp and crunchy lettuce mat. Caesar Salad & Cornbread Salad also make great Crunch Wraps. Optional: place smaller lettuce leaves on top of the filling.Use the sushi rolling technique to roll and pull parchment paper firmly around the lettuce in a tight, sculpted wrap. Fold parchment ends in, like a burrito, and roll. Slice in half. Store in a box, bag, or straight-sided jar for easy transport.This is the perfect on-the-go hand salad. Sauce it up with optional condiments like Probiotic Pepper Sauce and Healthy Valley Ranch Dressing. Drizzle on the sauce and pull back the parchment with each bite.Check out the Protective Sprouts Guide to add micro crunch with the nutritional power to kill cancer stem cells to your daily practice.||Weekly Greens Prep|
|Revive greens to crispy freshness.|
|Cut off the stem ends and add them to your compost bucket.|
|Separate several leaves and lay them in a salad spinner. Save tightly wrapped cores for chopped salads.|
|Fill salad spinner with cold water. Use hands to agitate/plunge leaves a few times, allowing dirt to sink to bottom.|
|Lift strainer and discard water from outer bowl. Rinse bowl and replace strainer. Repeat rinse and drain. Spin.|
|Lay leaves out to dry even more on kitchen towels for a few hours.|
|Wrap dry leaves in clean kitchen towels and store in an air tight bag, or container in the fridge.|
|Review the Storing Herbs Technique to keep fresh parsley/cilantro/lettuce crisp and vibrant for two weeks.|
- Go Microbing—get outside in chemical-free spaces. Collect Nature’s microbes to build your own healthy microbiome and regulate your mood and appetite. Nature’s microbes produce healthy doses of serotonin for a natural high.
Simple Picnic Menu for Summer Microbing*:
– Flower Water and Blue Chai—staying hydrated energizes you and curbs the appetite. Thirst queues hunger hormones.
– Thin-sliced, chilled watermelon and fresh picked cherries
*Eat barefoot on the ground. Get Vitamin D from sun exposure after you eat some protective lycopene from watermelon.
- Assess Where You Are and Make a 12-Week Goal
- The Protective Diet is a paved, proven path; a signature program with predictable outcomes and repeatable results.
- Follow the path 100% and you will reach optimal health and your ideal body weight at an average loss of 10lbs/month.
- 100% compliance is the easiest and fastest way to reach your goals. It is the most self-care-forward thing you can do.
- People who struggle to reach/maintain desired results are deviating from the plan. This is true 100% of the time.
- Pick a weight loss goal for the next 12 weeks. Which part of the PD Slimdown Guide will help you reach your goal?
|The Protective Diet No-Fail, Struggle-Free, Slimdown Method|
|1||Eat a Protective Diet 100% Eliminate: coffee, animal products, oils, sugars, additives, nuts, avocado Eat Protective Diet Recipes||Reasons people PAPD (play around with variations on Protective Diet): Cravings—remove from your life anything you ration or talk yourself out of eating more of. Influencers—remove voices that make you feel comfortable and confident going off-plan. Social Stress—be a walking billboard of health and no one will question your food and lifestyle practices. Be consistent to be respected. You are an inspiration, not a burden. Don’t let outside influences make you deviate from your dietary diligence. Follow through.|
|2||The 50/50 Plate Practice Add protection with fruit and veg||Make half of your plated meal veg and fruit. No “veggie packing” or forcing yourself to eat huge bowls of salad, broccoli, or kale. Food satisfaction, excitement and variety are critical. Eat your protection first. If you begin with starch, you might not leave enough room for protective veggies. A 50/50 plate ensures that the protection will be included in the meal before you are too full to enjoy it. Before digging in, reserve a lunch portion for the next day.|
|3||Stop the Snacks Challenge||Eliminate snacks to improve meal satisfaction and slimdown even more.|
|4||“Go Alcohol-Free||Alcohol destroys your microbes. Members have dropped 10+ stubborn pounds with this step.|
|5||Day Fast and Feast||Transition to eating one meal a day when you are ready. Use a gradual approach. Remind yourself of the amazing benefits of fasting when you feel the urge to eat. Do something else to refreshed or manage your physical and emotional needs. Eating does not produce energy. It produces insulin for digestion, which makes you feel tired. Address your true needs. Day Fasting creates a caloric reduction. On a Protective Diet it is nearly impossible to exceed your daily calorie needs in one sitting. This practice supports weight loss/maintaining a low BMI.|
- Note ingredient measurements, and cook time/temp for your favorite recipes and post them on the inside of a cupboard door.
- Garden Tip: Allow lettuce to bolt at end-of-season, dropping its own seed for a magical garden of volunteer lettuce next year.
- Basil—do not wash basil before storing. It will turn black. Store fresh basil in a plastic bag. Add air to cushion it.
- Take a variety of sprouts to a party on a platter with chopsticks for serving to offer friends a fun tasting experience.
- Fast Feast Idea—cold, leftover Kids’ Spaghetti tossed with Probiotic Pepper Sauce and 7-Day Sauerkraut.
- If someone is struggling and can’t break that overweight barrier of a high BMI, it’s because they are deviating from the plan.
- Connect with me. I care about you. I’m here. I am your best friend and biggest cheerleader when you are on board and you are in the groove of a Protective Diet, but don’t avoid me when you deviate because I am also the one who cheers you back on plan.
- Engage in the PD Support Group—we need community. The more engagement you have with our supportive community, the more you’ll stay on track. Connection gets us excited and keeps us moving forward.
“It shouldn’t be a challenge to lose weight on a Protective Diet. Don’t get small so other people feel comfortable. Be forward about a diet and lifestyle of self-care. Courage is contagious. Be brave with your life so others can be brave with theirs.”
|Chia Chugger Satiation Sipper||Sunset Rice Bowl||Protective Sprouts||Corn Tortillas||Jerry’s Organic Plant-Based Yogurt|
|Flower Water & Blue Chai||Better Than Teriyaki Sauce||Melt and Bake Cheeze||Fermented Salsa||Salsa Roja|
|#325 3-Month Goal Challenge||#108 Whole Food Detox & Tastebud Reprogram||#327 Binge Eating & the Butyrate Bath||#36 Nuts|
Introducing the Summer Weight Loss Challenge. Let’s address reasons why your weight won’t budge, and review application tips to help you consistently maintain a low BMI without any thought—like slimming down with a fresh and filling Salad Crunch Wrap.Class URL: https://protectivediet.com/courses/protective-diet-education/lessons/class-328-weight-loss-challenge-and-the-salad-crunch-wrap/