Class #108 – Whole Food Detox and Taste-bud Reprogram
Click here to read this week’s newsletter: Exhausted, Moody and Vegan: http://eepurl.com/bGltTz
Protective Diet Class #108 Notes:
Whole Food Detox and Taste-bud Reprogram
This class covers how to view detoxification symptoms as a positive change. You will learn how to speed up detox and pamper your way through this beautiful, healing transition to health. With a focus on what you are starting, rather than what you are stopping, your mind will be happily occupied while your body promotes fresh, new, healthy cell turnover.
- Patty’s Testimonial shared.
- Use your real name to login to the PD-Ed Classroom and in our support group, Protective Diet Living (PDL), so we can get to know you. This is a community. We treat each other like family.
- Read the Newsletter associated with this class.
|Detoxification||Psychological Addiction||Natural Flavor||Dietary Fiber|
|Withdrawal||Dopamine Response||Citric Acid|
Action Steps for Managing Detox
NOTE: There is no One-Size-Fits-All Detox Guide. Your detox and taste bud reprogram experience will be unique. Your body’s timing and changes will depend on a host of factors including your previous state of health, diet, lifestyle, and whether or not you jump in 100%. Follow the guidelines and trust your body to take care of the rest. Looking and feeling healthy is just around the corner!
Before beginning Detox:
- Plan ahead for urges and cravings—find on-plan Snacks and Treats and prepare them ahead of time.
- Plan a simple Breakfast and some dinners for the next week and have what you need on hand—keep it simple.
- If you are detoxing from coffee and soda, plan Beverages for the next week and have what you need on hand.
- Plan to have leftovers for lunch.
- Plan to pack extra snacks whenever you leave the house—take a couple of bananas with you.
- Calendar of Achievements
- Start at a time when you are free to rest and care for your own needs. Be kind to yourself while your body flushes.
- Record your start date, weight/pant size, health markers relevant to you, and take a “before” picture.
- Eliminate ALL off-plan foods & beverages
- Remove Meat, Poultry, Fish, Dairy, Eggs, Oil, Nuts and Nut butters, Seeds, Avocado, Coconut, Dried Fruit, Sugar, Syrups & Nectars, Coffee, Soda, Artificial Sweeteners and Food Additives.
- Go 100% to keep this short! You will see the benefits fast and the discomfort will only last a few days. The PD learning might take 30 days, but the detox won’t unless you are torturing yourself by slipping in off-plan foods and beverages.
- Enjoy unrestricted amounts of whole, clean, plant-based foods and delicious PD Recipes
- PD Recipes are uniquely designed to mimic familiar foods using whole, protective, additive-free ingredients.
- Eat whenever you want, as long as you are eating on-plan foods, until full and satisfied.
- Keep it simple. Starches will fill you up and make you feel good.
- Drink water or PD Beverages. Stay hydrated. 8-8oz glasses of water/day will help flush your system.
- Drink lemon water, herbal, green or black tea (if you have not been a coffee drinker, do not drink caffeinated teas).
- Take a detox bath—1-2 cups of Fragrance-Free Epsom salts in warm water. Soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Get a massage on your second day if you can—speeds up the chemical flush and celebrates your accomplishment.
- Find support in PDL—you have hundreds of friends who want to see you succeed. Share your goals with us.
- Some people experience cravings, withdrawals, fatigue, bloat, headaches, moodiness, and feelings of overwhelm.
- Some people experience more energy because of the increased hydration and antioxidants from fresh produce.
The High-Fiber Transition
- Bloat & gas are common when you are just getting started; your body will adjust.
- It is natural to eliminate every 24 hours on a plant-based diet.
- Your gut microbiome is populating with beautifully beneficial bacteria.
- Introduce broccoli, cabbage, kale, etc. slowly, not in large quantities.
- Eat at most a ¼ batch of tofu dips & dressings—tofu is beans.
- Learn the Storing Herbs Technique so you can easily add digestible greens to your meals.
Taste bud Reprogram
- Fat-free food may taste flat at first.
- 2-4 weeks into detox, taste buds begin to detect natural fats and sugars. Plant-based foods explode in your mouth.
- This is when the magic happens! Cravings for off-plan foods lessen and you experience greater food satisfaction.
- Fresh or frozen fruit satisfies your candy cravings. Bananas taste extra creamy.
- Master the Dry Browning Technique to add more flavor to your meals.
Identifying Triggers for Off-Plan Foods
- By the end of your detox, you have overcome withdrawal and physical addiction to food.
- A craving for one of your previous favorite off-plan foods may strike out of nowhere.
- Your brain is suggesting this food as a soothing solution for stress, loss, a way to celebrate, etc.
- Recognize this as a Psychological Addiction coming from past habits.
- DO NOT RESPOND by eating the food. Pamper yourself instead.
- Never sacrifice your endothelial cells; they are your protection. Understand the science behind this.
- Look at the food and dissect the damage it contains. Off-plan foods are poison. Don’t sabotage your achievements.
- How to naturally decaffeinate tea in order to avoid additive-laden decaffeinated teas.
- Make this lifestyle easier by using your grocery savings on a BlendTec and an Instant Pot.
- Always read the notes on every recipe. Follow the steps exactly. You never have to guess. It’s all written in the recipe.
|Q: How can you tell if teas are caffeinated?||Q: What should I look for in an additive-free tofu?|
|Q: Do you only recommend organic teas?||Q: Should I make my own soymilk?|
|Q: When is the word “Spices” on a food label a food additive?|
- Do this 100%. You deserve full-time results from full-time practice. At the end of these 30 days, you will see results.
- Always view your practice as a privilege, not a sacrifice. This is the greatest gift you could give yourself and your family.
“Don’t get overwhelmed. You have the whole rest of your life to practice this and get it down. You don’t have to learn this overnight. You didn’t get where you are overnight, and you will be going in the direction you need to go in the next 30 days.”