Class #264 – Two Years Day Fasting on a Protective Diet
Protective Diet Class #264 Notes:
Two Years Day Fasting on a Protective Diet
This class presents pro tips on the #1 health hack to boost Human Growth Hormone (HGH) for a host of anti-aging benefits that reduce body fat, conserve vitality, improve cognition, increase bone density, and accelerate muscle development like nothing else.
- Engage in our official support group, Protective Diet Living (PDL). Join Live Chats & Coaching Hour for personal assistance.
- Shop www.protectivediet.com/bulk, an independent source for low-cost, high-quality PD staples in bulk.
|Day Fasting||Ghrelin||Human Growth Hormone (HGH)||Tumor Regression||Oxidative Stress|
|Ketogenic Diet||Glucose||Chronically Fed State||Encapsulated||Chemo-Protective|
|Vitamin D||Safe Sun Exposure||Neurotransmitter||Antioxidants||Food Satisfaction|
Action Steps to a Rewarding Day Fasting Practice
- Activate a Predictable Set of Metabolic Responses
14 hours after you stop eating—food is finally digested & fat burn begins.
15-24 hours—pituitary gland produces HGH and autophagy accelerates.
18-24 hours—energy and focus sky rocket!
24th hour—dopamine receptors are repaired.
– Get a better dopamine response from food, physical touch, etc.
– Stem cell and intestinal repair (IBS, colitis, inflammatory disease, etc.)
– Follow all guidance rules in the printable PD Day Fast and Feast Guide.
– Use PD Lifestyle recipes to detoxify your environment and topicals.
– Free the liver to recycle cells rather than filtering food and toxins.
– Regulate your eating window to 1 hour/same time daily to train ghrelin.
– Eating early will cause fatigue and disrupt your ghrelin groove.
– Practice self-awareness. Address feelings of: thirst, loneliness, fatigue,
disappointment, stress, over-excitement, PMS, avoiding a task, eating to
make a dreaded task more pleasurable, boredom—don’t use food as a drug.
– Weigh in. The scale might come back out—weight loss happens fast.
– Kick off your day fasting practice with a 48 hour fast; makes 24hrs feel easy.
- Access Your Fountain of Youth
- Human Growth Hormone (HGH) should be called fountain of youth or the anti-aging hormone. It declines as we age.
- HGH protects and develops muscle mass quickly, strengthens bones, tendons, joint recovery, maintains youth and vitality, improves cognitive function/neuro protective, increases neurogenesis, increases bone density, decreases body fat through rapid burn of body fat for fuel, rapid cellular turnover and healing, rapid hair growth, has no side-effects, and is FREE.
- Low levels of HGH are associated with obesity, brittle nails and hair, wrinkled skin and osteopenia.
- HGH supplements come with risky side effects including cancer, type 2 diabetes and joint pain. Increase HGH naturally only.
4 Ways to Increase HGH Production Naturally
– HGH is produced when digestion is complete and glucose levels decline. A chronically fed state inhibits HGH production.
– Fasting increases production of HGH by 2000% in men and 1300% in women.
– Day fasting produces 250% more HGH than a ketogenic diet. A ketogenic diet is an unsustainable fasting mimicking diet.
High Intensity Interval Training
– Intense interval training (not just running/walking) increases HGH. Push your limits physically to amplify HGH response.
– Melatonin studies confirm 150% increase in HGH with quality sleep; highest level of HGH released in the deep sleep stage.
Healthy Sun Exposure
– Vitamin D promotes both HGH production and bone strengthening calcium absorption. Bank vitamin D in the summer
months by regularly exposing large areas of skin to the sun for 15 minutes at a time, increasing as tolerated, while
protecting your cells with antioxidant rich foods or beverages.
- Additional Benefits
- Suppress depression—day fasting can be more powerfully effective than medication for even mood management all day.
- Increase GABA production–Fasting and PD fermented foods produce GABA, which helps you feel relaxed.
- Eliminate afternoon fatigue—even energy all day. Once you eat, your pancreas produces insulin causing energy to drop.
- Lower body fat/BMI without feeling any restriction. Feelings of restriction are gone by the 3rd day due to regulated ghrelin.
- Lower blood pressure—happens fast! Be very careful if you are on medication. You might fall. Adjust meds w/your doctor.
- Lower triglycerides/Lower cholesterol—Triglycerides can get so low they don’t even register.
- Sleep a solid 8 hours—after feasting, insulin spikes and energy lowers. Fall asleep easily and stay asleep all night.
- Increase fertility and promote a regular menstrual cycle.
- Improve food quality and variety—since you only eat once, you include a variety of fruits, vegetables & starches naturally.
- Save money—when you go to the grocery store you buy less. No snacks, no lunches, etc.
- Save time–there is nothing more to do with day fasting. One meal a day is so easy to manage.
- Increase food satisfaction–the exciting lead up/anticipation to your one meal is very important for food satisfaction.
- Eliminate food stress—no longer wondering what to make for dinner. Only think of food when it’s time to eat.
- Eliminate hunger throughout the day—at around 14 hours of fasting, fat burning begins. Soothe with a hot cup of tea.
- Eliminate calorie surplus–you cannot exceed your caloric needs in one meal a day. Overeating will cause discomfort & gas.
- Caloric reduction without restriction—reduce calories for a longer, healthier life while feasting until you are good and full.
- Master Mindful Eating—eat until you are full and satisfied without guilt or any feelings of holding yourself back.
- Improve digestion and regularity—eating once = eliminating once. A consistent feast time = consistent elimination time.
- Reduce oxidative stress—reducing caloric intake improves longevity and reduces oxidative stress.
TGIF = Thank Goodness I Fasted!
- Find jackfruit for a good price ($0.59/lb) at Asian markets. Ripe jackfruit is not sharp on the hands and has a distinct smell.
- Strain tea leaves/flowers from brewed beverages before storing in the fridge. They will mold.
- Use a new jar for Instant Vanilla Extract to prevent breakage under pressure. Use several new jelly jars for ultimate strength.
- Blend extracted vanilla bean bits into French Vanilla Nice Cream for flavorful flecks.
- Collect vanilla bean bits from spent bottles of Instant Vanilla Extract in one jar. Cover with alcohol to preserve. Overtime the alcohol will extract additional vanilla for a bonus bottle of “slow” vanilla extract.
Q: I know we don’t use supplements, but would an HGH supplement work? (45:20)
Q: Do you ever do a “bootcamp” workout day while fasting? (1:19:10)
- Don’t use food to feel better. Use food to feel amazing! Use it as a tool to be the boss of your body and be a superhuman.
- Take time to reflect on what you have overcome and what you have put in your past.
- Pay attention to how you feel. Do what feels good. What gets you there keeps you there.
- Eat your Protective Diet. It saved my life!
“I don’t want people to ever think that a Protective Diet is only effective if you day fast. This is a bonus. This day fasting practice in conjunction with a Protective Diet has been such a freedom for those who have joined in it. People who find this restrictive have not gone through my day fasting classes.”
|Instant Vanilla Extract||Protective Diet Tuber Tonic||Caraway Coffee|
|French Vanilla Nice Cream||Blue Chai||Flower Water|
|Sugar-Free Stovetop Granola||Chai (no latte)||African Red|
This class presents pro tips on the #1 health hack to boost Human Growth Hormone (HGH) for a host of anti-aging benefits that reduce body fat, conserve vitality, improve cognition, increase bone density, and accelerate muscle development like nothing else.Tagged with: Antioxidants • Chemo-Protective • Chronically Fed State • Day Fasting • Encapsulated • Food Satisfaction • Ghrelin • Glucose • HGH • Human Growth Hormone • Ketogenic Diet • Neurotransmitter • Oxidative Stress • Safe Sun Exposure • Tumor Regression • Vitamin D
Class URL: https://protectivediet.com/lessons/class-264-two-years-day-fasting-on-a-protective-diet