Class #319 | Sip On Polyphenol Protection & Intro to Hydroponics
This class reviews Protective Brews—calorie-free, polyphenol-rich, prebiotic beverages that look gorgeous, taste better than water, and soothe the entire body. They are irresistible! So is a thrifty, indoor Salad Grow Room full of luscious leafy greens in the winter.
|Plant Fiber||Microbiome||Inflammatory Disease||Anthocyanin||Prebiotic|
|Polyphenols||Vagus Nerve||Angiogenesis Inhibitor||Tannin||Probiotic|
|Epithelium||Endothelium||Short-Chained Fatty Acids||Catechin||Capsaicin|
Action Steps for Calorie-Free Protection
|The Protective Sipper System||a system for keeping a daily stash of irresistible protective beverages handy for healthy sipping.|
|Ingredients ® organic bulk teas, lemon & lime, fresh ginger & turmeric root, fresh or dried mint/herbs, unsweetened Pellegrino Storage Supplies ® a large bin of a variety of organic bulk teas in the pantry, refillable canisters in the kitchen out of direct sunlight Preparation Tools ® tea kettle or small pot, 1-quart jar with lid, Pyrex 1-quart measuring cup, tea strainer or sprouting lid Variety of Servers ® 2-quart pitchers or 2-quart jars, clear glass teapot, ice bucket and tongs Variety of Sippers ® clear double-walled mugs, stemmed wine glasses, repurposed glass tamari or vinegar bottles, glass straws|
|Brew a Concentrate – cold brew to preserve polyphenols – brew the night before you need it – follow each recipe for complete details||Strain into a Pyrex measuring cup or another jar into a pitcher – dilute with water to brim into a teapot – spike your water with it||Serve in a mug – add a splash of hot/cold water in a wine glass – spike w/Pellegrino in a glass bottle – with a glass straw|
|The Protective Brew Review|
|Filtered Water||None||Invest in a quality water filter that can filter fluoride—a neurotoxin correlated w/cancer that kills protective microbes. Bottled water is “BPA tea”–chemicals leached from plastic bottles cause infertility.|
|Leaf Teas Sparkle Tea Protective Pale Ale Fresh Herb Tea||Catechins Tannins||Use quality Japanese teas. Chinese tea may be from polluted/lead-containing soils. Cold brew green and black teas to reduce bitterness from Tannins. Rebrew green and black teas a second time to naturally decaffeinate.|
|Flower Teas Flower Water African Red Blue Chai||Anthocyanins||Concentrate = 1/4 cup flowers/quart of filtered water. Strain flowers to prevent mold. Use a tea strainer or mason jar sprouting lid to pour directly into cup or pitcher. Brew Blue Chai with grated fresh ginger root, and fresh or dried mint leaves. Send little bags of flowers home with guests so they can brew their own the next day.|
|Root Teas Tuber Tonic Protective Coffee||Gingerol Curcumin Tannins||Deliver to a friend in a repurposed tamari bottle as a powerful anti-inflammatory. Chicory regulates the appetite by satisfying microbes with protective prebiotics.|
|‘Fruit’ (seed) Teas Caraway Coffee Adult Hot Chocolate||Capsaicin Catechins||The ritualistic preparation of these beverages is proven to reduce stress. Caraway populates healthy microbes and boosts the metabolism for weight loss. Enjoy as a warm chocolate sipper-with-a kick at the end of your feast, or serve over ice.|
|WARNING: Drinking beverages that are 150°F or more drastically increases the risk of esophageal cancers. Use a candy thermometer to test the temperature of your beverages and soups to make sure they are less than 150°F – 130° is pleasingly hot to the palate.|
|DAYFASTERS: Do not add erythritol, stevia, soymilk, or vanilla to beverages while fasting. Anything sweet will cause an insulin production, preventing the body from burning body fat. Alcohol in vanilla will work the liver and distract from autophagy .|
- Drink Calorie-Free, Polyphenol-Rich Herbal Beverages to Regulate the Appetite and Optimize the Microbiome
- Herbal Beverages are calorie-free, polyphenol-rich prebiotics that support and satisfy healthy microbes.
- Plant Fiber fuels healthy gut microbes. Then they create short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs) that are essential to your health.
- Plant Phytochemicals (polyphenols) create an environment that helps healthy gut microbes thrive.
- A Protective Diet gets both on your plate and in your glass in abundant variety—making pharmaceuticals unnecessary.
- Gut health is the key to loving healthy food, boosting metabolism, taming inflammation, and eliminating obesity & disease.
Regulate Appetite by Satisfying Gut Microbes & Staying Hydrated
- Obese people have unhealthy gut microbial populations that are insatiable and need constant feedings of junk to survive.
- Gut microbes send neurotransmitters directly to the brain, via the Vegus Nerve, signaling you to eat their preferred fuel.
- Unhealthy microbes cause cravings for harmful foods. Healthy microbes enjoy eating a Protective Diet.
- After one month of practicing a fulltime Protective Diet bad microbes starve to death and healthy microbes populate.
- Healthy microbes reward you with feel-good chemicals in the brain that keep you excited to eat plant fiber. They are satisfied with polyphenols, so they don’t ask us to eat anything. Keep a drink with you and you won’t crave foods.
- Thirst and dehydration trigger hunger hormones that encourage us to eat when all our body really wants is hydration.
Reduce Toxic Load and Inflammation & Optimize the Oral Microbiome
- Herbal beverages flush your system, assisting the liver with detoxification.
- Polyphenols protect the epithelium and the endothelium. They provide an anti-inflammatory bath for the entire body.
- Traditional mouthwash, toothpaste, and fluoride dental treatments eliminate the healthy microbes in your mouth. This damages the endothelium because it reduces your ability to produce nitric oxide orally through deep breathing and chewing leafy greens. Nitric oxide is critical in promoting smooth blood flow in the endothelium, preventing strokes and heart attacks.
- Empower yourself by reading the science written on Protective Diet Beverage Recipes as part of your sipping pleasure.
- Start Collecting Supplies for a Salad Grow Room to maintain produce independence with hydroponics!
|Salad Grow Room: The Kratky Me|
|Top Shelf: (LED Grow Light on underside)|
|Middle Shelf: (LED Grow Light on underside) – seedlings planted in soil in solo cups with hole drilled in the bottom of each one. – Arrange cups on pan or salad container – Water by pouring water in tray. Plants will wick water up through the hole. – Keep them moist, but not floating in water.|
|Bottom Shelf: repurposed 2 gallon buckets with happy plants growing in Kratky Method hydroponics.|
- You need: sturdy shelving, LED Grow Lights, several 2-gallon buckets with lids (free from bakeries), pool noodle, hole drill bit (2” hole saw bit), repurposed baking pans or plastic salad containers, solo cups, organic potting soil , seeds (kale, lettuce, herbs, bok choy), fertilizer, 1-gallon repurposed plastic vinegar jug
- Set grow lights on a timer from 5am to 11pm—no window necessary.
- Wash buckets. Use 2” hole saw drill bit to make 1 to 4 holes in each lid. Cut a 1” length of pool noodle. Wrap seedling stem in a scrap of foam and gently press into the center of the 1” pool noodle segment. Insert the whole ensemble into the hole in the bucket lid. Place lid on bucket of water. Goal is to hold seedling and block light from water to avoid algae.
- Roots will grow happily in water. The pool noodle will keep the water from evaporating. As the plant drinks the water level will go down leaving air space so the roots don’t rot.
- Pre-mix fertilizer in a repurposed vinegar jug—add 1-2 tsp. fertilizer granules to 1-gallon of water. Diluted urine test was not effective
- Take a huge salad of homegrown hydroponic greens to a potluck!
- Make a tomato sandwich: use Breadmaker Whole Wheat Loaf Bread (onion option). Spread with Quick Mix Horsey Sauce, Skinny Fry Sauce, or Healthy Valley Ranch. Top with sliced fresh tomato, Ruby Raw Kraut, and Protective Sprouts.
- Leftover Pasta e Ceci Stew: remove stew and escarole from the fridge and bring to room temperature. Reheat soup in a pot. Add escarole to soup bowl and pour hot soup over it. Serve with Breadmaker Whole Wheat Loaf Bread (onion option).
- We do not use regular soy sauce on a Protective Diet. It contains MSG. We use San-J brand, less-sodium Tamari.
- Take charge of your life. Eat a Protective Diet. Live everyday proactively to be your best self, and have your best experience. It doesn’t take that much. All it takes is making a yummy beverage and eating protective recipes.
“Stop drinking plain water when you can drink calorie-free polyphenols.”
|#238 Protective Beverages: Anti-Aging Calorie-Free Cellular Protection||#134 Tea Party: Sipping on Liquid Antioxidants|
This class reviews Protective Brews—calorie-free, polyphenol-rich, prebiotic beverages that look gorgeous, taste better than water, and soothe the entire body. They are irresistible! So is a thrifty, indoor Salad Grow Room full of luscious leafy greens in the winter.Class URL: https://protectivediet.com/lessons/class-319-sip-on-polyphenol-protection-and-intro-to-hydroponics