Class #289 | You Are Not a Victim of Osteoporosis – It’s Reversible & Preventable
This class dispels the mystery behind conventional testing, diagnosis and treatment of Osteoporosis in our pharmaceutically-educated society, with four action steps for a holistic, “sure thing” fix that offers high energy, optimal health and a fit body to live in.
- Engage in our official support group, Protective Diet Living (PDL). Join Live Chats & Coaching Hour for personal assistance.
- Shop www.protectivediet.com/bulk, an independent source for low-cost, high-quality PD staples in bulk.
|Osteopenia||Autophagy||Functional Exercise||Acidic Foods||Cortisol||Vitamin K|
Action Steps for Building Bones
- Avoid “Band Aids” that Treat Test Results
- The pharmaceutically-educated disease treatment pattern:
– Big Pharma educates doctors. Doctors test for bone density.
– Patients ask, “What do I take? What do I add? What do I take in to reverse or prevent this disease?”
– Doctors treat w/a drug that changes the test result numbers without improving the underlying condition = a chemical “band aid” that disrupts natural processes and always comes with side-effects. Conventional treatments include:
|Fluoride/Fosamax||Prescription medication that reduces the natural production of osteoclasts–Produces the appearance of denser bones on tests, but instead of strong, healthy bones it is a build-up of weakened, old bone cells. Not effective–Patients still experience bone fractures.|
|Estrogen||Increases osteoblast production, but required dosage increases risk for breast cancer.|
|Calcium Supplements||Disrupts the delicate electrolyte balance, increasing the risk of heart disease/heart attack.|
|Antacid/Prilosec||Removes acids needed for calcium absorption. Acid reflux & IBS are warning signs–remove fats.|
|Vitamin D Supplement||Improves levels on your blood test, but does not improve bone density.|
- Promote Osteoblast Production—a 4-Part Holistic Fix
- Osteoporosis is a skeletal disorder caused from bones dissolving (resorption) and not rebuilding (formation).
- This disorder masquerades as a hereditary disease—it looks hereditary because diet and lifestyle choices tend to span generations without healthy intervention or change, perpetuating health issues.
|Osteoporosis–a disruption in homeostasis between bone formation and resorption in the body’s highly regulated Bone Remodeling Cycle|
|Bone Cycle Homeostasis|
|Osteoclasts–cells that CLEAR broken down, old bone cells as part of the body’s regular detox regimen that renews cells of all kinds.|
|Osteoblasts–cells that BUILD new, strong bones. Diet and lifestyle choices can inhibit osteoblast production causing weak, slow bone formation.|
- Nutrition–Eat a Protective Diet Fulltime
- Eliminate foods that inhibit osteoblast production and deplete the calcium storage in your bones:
– Acids and heavy metals are found in coffee, soda, sugar, dairy, animal products, and chemical food additives.
– The body will continually correct to alkalize acidic food choices using the calcium stored in your bones until it is depleted.
- Eliminate medications that interfere with osteoblast production including steroids and thyroid medications. Work with your doctor to get down to the lowest needed dose or get off these as soon as possible.
- Eliminate nicotine. The best thing you can do to improve overall health is to quit smoking.
- Eat calcium-rich foods (beans, whole grains, greens) and assist your body with calcium absorption by including:
– Vitamin K1 found in leafy greens: kale, spinach, radish greens, parsley, cilantro, lettuce, etc.
- Eliminate environmental toxins with PD Lifestyle recipes for optimal liver function cleaning the blood in our bones.
- A Protective Diet is non-acidic and calcium-balanced perfectly for you. You don’t even have to think about it.
- Sunshine–Get Purposeful, Safe Sun Exposure
- Sunshine is essential for synthesizing Vitamin D, aiding calcium absorption and promoting cellular recycling of bones/skin.
- Eat/drink anthocyanin-rich vegetables and herbal beverages (watermelon, blueberries, Flower Water, etc.) for natural cumulative sunscreen protection. Expose the larger surface areas of your body for 10 minutes at a time on a regular basis.
- Exercise—Weight Bearing and Functional Movement
- Cardiovascular Exercise alone is not enough–burns calories, oxygenates our blood, improves mental health
- Weight-Bearing Exercise is essential—weight on the bones stimulates osteoblasts producing strong bone cells
- Functional Exercise—grocery shopping, carrying cases of soymilk & bags of potatoes, gardening, snow shoveling, vacuuming, lifting weights/wearing a weighted vest, challenging yoga, lunges, squats, pull ups, pushups, climbing, hiking
- Very lean people do not have enough resistance on their bones making them high risk–do weight-bearing exercise.
- Obese people are too sedentary to benefit from the extra weight they carry making them high risk–lean down & get active.
- Relaxation—Actively Reduce Stress
- Stress produces cortisol which inhibits osteoblast production.
- Find outlets for managing both good stress and bad stress. There are several PD-Ed classes that address stress.
- SPECIAL DELIVERIES: Introduce people to what you love to eat by delivering a Yogi Bowl care package to a friend or neighbor.
– Include some fresh or frozen seasonal fruit. Julie used fresh-picked apricots. You could also use frozen blueberries.
– Include a small bag of Sugar-Free Stovetop Granola.
– Label the care package contents. Use a sharpie to write on post-it notes cut to size. Adhere with clear packing tape.
– Tell them PD yogurt will stay fresh in the fridge for a month if they don’t get to it. Tell them ways you use the yogurt.
- No “veggie packing”. Eat some greens. Add parsley to your pasta dishes, add romaine lettuce to your plate, roast some grapes and toss them with a salad. Keep it sustainable. This should be enjoyable and delicious.
Q: Who is at the highest risk of developing osteoporosis? (37:40, 41:20 and 54:32)
Q: Is chasing my dog in the backyard considered weight-bearing exercise? (31:35)
- We can easily correct this disorder. Think of it as being out of order. You are out of order when you are eating a standard diet. What meal in the American diet doesn’t include at least one thing that inhibits osteoblast production and promotes bone loss?
- Be your own health advocate. Don’t assume your doctor knows what is best for you. Medications are there when we need them, but misuse and lack of personal investigation on our part are the issue.
“We can fix this. Osteoporosis never needs to be a problem, and if it is, I’ve got some answers for you and some tools and direction, so you don’t feel like a helpless victim.”
|Dry Steamed Kale||Probiotic Pepper Sauce||Miso Healthy Soup||Miso Healthy Rice Bowl|
|Mojos||Buttermilk Ranch Dressing||Roasted Grapes|
|#082 Label Reading: Food Additives||#016 Acidic & Alkaline Foods||#256 Cornflakes & Cholesterol|
|#100 Eating a Diet in Perfect Balance||#164 Eliminate, Heal and Achieve||#111 Coffee and Diet Soda|
This class dispels the mystery behind conventional testing, diagnosis and treatment of Osteoporosis in our pharmaceutically-educated society, with four action steps for a holistic, “sure thing” fix that offers high energy, optimal health and a fit body to live in.Tagged with: Acidic Foods • Autophagy • Calcium • Cortisol • Functional Exercise • Homeostasis • Osteoblasts • Osteoclasts • Osteopenia • Osteoporosis • Vitamin D • Vitamin K
Class URL: https://protectivediet.com/lessons/class-289-you-are-not-a-victim-of-osteoporosis-its-reversible-preventable