Class #313 | Master Fasting – A Transitional Approach For Maximum Benefits
A fasting application review covering psychological and physical cravings, hunger hormones, transitional fasting, cellular clean-up, and fueling your microbiota in one meal a day (OMAD). Day fasting can be an easy, enjoyable, effective and sustainable lifestyle.
- Engage in our official support group, Protective Diet Living (PDL). Join Live Chats & Coaching Hour for personal assistance.
- Shop www.protectivediet.com/bulk, an independent source for low-cost, high-quality PD staples in bulk.
- Take advantage of current savings on Protective Diet Plant-Based Broth Mix. Rising ingredient costs are forcing prices up.
|Polyphenols||Phytochemicals||Ghrelin||Human Growth Hormone (HGH)||OMAD|
Action Steps to Leverage Fasting
|Fasting is the #1 Health Hack|
|Body Fat -Boost metabolism and burn fat more efficiently -Achieve lowest body fat -Maintain a healthy BMI||Muscle -Fast muscle development -Lower insulin -Increase HGH -High energy pre-feast workouts|
|Time & Money -Reduce kitchen time -Reduce food costs -Eliminate lunch packing -More time to work & accomplish||Energy & Focus -Increase energy -Eliminate afternoon fatigue -Improve focus, concentration, comprehension & productivity|
|Digestion -Improve digestion -Improve hydration -Regular elimination -Healthy microbial population||Mood -Maintain an even mood -Improve GABA production -Suppress depression/listlessness -Eliminate food stress & anxiety|
|Meal Satisfaction -Appreciate true hunger -Improve food quality & variety -Eat without restriction for 1-hour -Eliminate ability to overeat||Sleep -Significantly improve sleep quality -Establish your circadian rhythm -Fall asleep easily post-feast -Wake up early & energized|
|Fast Track to Optimal Health -Eliminate risk of heart disease -Reduce blood pressure -Reduce cholesterol -Prevent and reverse disease||Gut Health -Starve & eliminate bad microbes -Populate thriving good microbes -Fast repair of dysbiosis/leaky gut -Supercharge your immune system|
|Healing -Reduce inflammation -Reduce cancer cell proliferation -Tighten skin & eliminate cellulite -Rapid cellular repair||Anti-Aging -Reduce oxidative stress/wrinkles -Increase autophagy (cell recycling) -Prevent neurodegeneration -Increase longevity|
Day Fast & Feast = One Meal A Day (OMAD) in the evening.
Maximum benefits occur when fasting for a period of 20-24 hours, and eating within a window of 1-2 hours.
Protective Diet’s Printable Day Fast and Feast Guide is based on observational studies of personal and community experienced benefits, as well as scientific studies and data from doctors who prescribe and oversee fasting.
Eating a Protective Diet in a compact hour will lean you down like you wouldn’t believe, without malnutrition or fatigue.
Jump into fulltime day fasting to maximize the benefits quickly, or follow a more gradual transitional approach.
Commit to trying it, not necessarily doing it for life. This is an opportunity to learn about yourself and what psychologically triggers your body to eat versus eating when it’s truly hungry—when the hunger hormone (ghrelin) is actually signaling.
Learn to address physical and emotional discomfort with something other than food. You may get emotionally disturbed, affected by things around you, uncomfortably hot/cold, tired or dehydrated. Your body will signal hunger to get you to address these needs. Expand your toolbox. Address the real needs.
Write in your Calendar of Achievements. Enjoy daily feelings of wellbeing, accomplishment and the empowerment of self-mastery.
OMAD on a Protective Diet Eliminates Cravings—the power is in the microbiome
- Trying to fast while eating a standard American diet is a losing battle. Cravings will control you because bad microbes will continue to populate and drive you to eat bad foods way before eating time. You will feel like you need something all day long.
- Healthy microbes can thrive all day on prebiotic beverages with no calories, no stevia and no erythritol. Detoxify your tastebuds and get off the sweeteners. Get used to straight-up herbal beverages. Even calorie-free sweeteners produce an insulin response when they contact our tastebuds. And when we produce insulin, we store fat instead of burning it.
- You are set free when you manage and control your microbial population. They direct your dietary preferences and choices toward what they need to thrive. Learn how to farm and manipulate them so you can be the boss of your body.
OMAD Transition Plan
|Step 1 → Eliminate Cravings and Physical Withdrawals|
|Complete the 30-day Detox and Taste bud Reprogram. Eat through cravings. Eat a fulltime Protective Diet to rebuild a healthy gut microbiome. Healthy microbes will direct you to beneficial food choices & influence your food preferences and desires.||Eliminate coffee, alcohol, meat, poultry, eggs, dairy, sugars, syrups, juices, dried fruit, vinegars with high sugar content, fats, nuts, avocado, coconut, and food additivesGet used to drinking unsweetened herbal beverages|
|Step 2 → Regulate Hunger|
|Choose consistent eating times. It takes 3 to 4 days for ghrelin, the hunger hormone, to regulate and signal at the correct eating times. Regulate ghrelin by being consistent, and be patient as it adjusts.||Eat 3 meals a day with no snacks between mealsPrepare protective beverages to enjoy between mealsRecognize false hunger signals—asses & address true needs|
|Step 3 → Improve Energy and Food Satisfaction|
|True hunger makes food taste better, which leads to feeling satisfied more easily. Delay insulin production by eating later, and enjoy higher energy. Take 3-4 days for ghrelin to adjust to the new eating time.||Skip Breakfast and do not eat until lunchAsk for support & accommodations from your familyNotice increased energy & food excitement. Take notes|
|Step 4 → Shorten Your Eating Window|
|Eat later. Take 3-4 days for ghrelin to adjust to the new eating time. Your main meal is a very late lunch. Eat a smaller meal/snack at your regular dinner time. Your eating window is about 4-hours long.||Fuel your microbes with prebiotic, calorie-free beveragesEat “L-inner” (late∙lunch∙early∙dinner)Eat a snack, like popcorn & grapes, before bed|
|Step 5 → OMAD—Day Fast and Feast|
|Eat even later. Combine L-inner and snack into one meal—your 1-hour feast. Make your feast nutrient dense and full of variety. Include what you would mindfully eat in a day. Clean as you go. Go to bed.||Focus on hydration—that’s all your microbes needDistract yourself with activity & look forward to your feastNo chef’s treats as you prepare your meal—drink instead|
- Gather vanilla bean pieces from spent Instant Vanilla Extract into one bottle and cover with vodka. They will continue to extract.
- Blend extracted vanilla bean pieces into Vanilla Nice Cream, or plop in your cup for a vanilla twist on your favorite Beverage.
- Brew tea leaves with hot water and enjoy. Brew the same leaves repeatedly throughout the day to extract them completely.
- Make your own decaf. Caffeine in black/green tea is naturally depleted by the second brew, but healthy catechins remain.
- I wouldn’t tell you to do this if it wasn’t so beneficial. Discipline is the greatest form of self-love.
- I direct you to be your body’s operational manager. Go for Employee of the Year! The rewards are unbelievable!
- Don’t be shy about your goal for optimal health and fitness. Declare it. Say it out loud and then follow through to earn respect.
- Fight for your right to be healthy every single day. Don’t feel a burden. Make a fuss. Be a bother. You have every right to tell people what your needs are. The ill make requests and we jump to their aid. Your needs for wellness are just as valid.
- Few understand that this degree of nutritional awareness is totally achievable, so they view it as ridiculous or obnoxious.
“Fasting done the way I am suggesting feels so good that I can’t even imagine eating breakfast—it would destroy the rest of my day.”
|Flower Water||Instant Pot Kids Spaghetti||African Red||Skinny Mocha Frappe|
|Dry Steamed Kale||50/50 BBQ Ranch Layer Salad||Blue Chai||Sugar-Free Citrus Slushie|
|#218 The Hideous Truth of Opioid Addiction (My Why)||#308 Anti-Cancer Diet|
|#219 Day Fasting on a Plant-Based Diet (Benefits of PD Fasting)||#200 Stop the Snacks Challenge|
|#220 Day Fast & Feast Guide (What I Eat & Drink When I Fast)||#143 Mastering Mindful Eating|
|#221 Day Fast & Feast (Shorten Your Window For More Benefits)||#237 What I Eat In a Day (Fasting Meal Plan)|
|#233 Biology of Burning Body Fat (Keto vs PD Day Fasting)||#264 Two Years Day Fasting (It’s Totally Sustainable)|
A fasting application review covering psychological and physical cravings, hunger hormones, transitional fasting, cellular clean-up, and fueling your microbiota in one meal a day (OMAD). Day fasting can be an easy, enjoyable, effective and sustainable lifestyle.Class URL: https://protectivediet.com/lessons/omad-diet-and-master-fasting-class-313