Free Class #260 – Day One On a Protective Diet
Welcome to Protective Diet Education (PD-Ed)! This class is your guide to getting started. This program is designed to help you make an immediate and complete shift from a standard diet to a sustainable Protective Diet without feelings of restriction or deprivation. Each Protective Diet recipe incorporates the foods that are going to get you to optimal health. All you have to do is stock your pantry with your favorites, get cooking, and eat!
- Familiarize yourself with the Protective Diet Education Class Schedule. The Schedule is based on North American Central Standard Time (CST) because PD-Ed was born in Chicago. Convert to your time zone and set up your own reminders to begin your success story.
- Join our support group, Protective Diet Living (PDL). This Community is more than eager to assist you!
|Optimal Health||Playing Around PD (PAPD)||Dry Browning||Gut Microbiome|
|Calendar of Achievements||Set Up for Success (SUS)||Herb Box||Internal Sunscreen|
|Workplace for Wellness||Baggy Clothes Syndrome (BCS)||Food Additive||Angiogenesis Inhibitor|
Action Steps to Getting Started
- 30-day Detox and Taste Bud Reprogramming
- There is no detox guide. Just take the bad stuff out and eat whole foods.
- Detox from: vitamins, supplements, protein powders, sugars, oils, coffee, food additives, animal products, etc.
- The only thing we supplement on a Protective Diet is vitamin B12
- Taste bud Reprogramming
Without Sugars–taste buds get hyper-sensitive; fruit tastes incredibly sweet.
Without Fats–everything starts to taste creamy. In the beginning, fat-free may taste flat.
- Use the recipes to eat through cravings and stock your pantry as you go.
- Navigate the Recipes—your ticket to optimal health
- So much education is included in the recipe write-ups!
- ALWAYS read ALL PARTS of the recipe completely before you attempt it. Green words are links to descriptions and a marketplace for the best deal.
- You will learn simple, clear and innovative cooking techniques to make things crispy, brown, smooth and creamy without oil, fat, eggs, dairy, nuts, flaxseed, dates, etc.
- Find recipes using the search box, or by category using green links at the top of every page.
- A new recipe is published on the PD homepage every week by Monday at Midnight to keep it exciting.
- Stock your Protective Diet Pantry–based on the recipes that appeal to you
- Do NOT go out and buy everything in the pantry stocking lessons.
- Pick out some recipes that appeal to you. Try them out. If you like them, stock up on those pantry staple ingredients. These become “go-to” recipes. Print and put the recipes inside your cupboard door. Find 5 fast favorites you can rotate through as you learn.
- Recipes are created using a carefully selected pool of protective ingredients. Every ingredient is used in a variety of recipes so don’t be afraid to stock up.
- Source additive-free ingredients (food additives drive cravings and overconsumption):
– White chia seed for thickening fat-free salad dressings
- Eventually, your pantry will be stocked and shopping will be primarily for fresh ingredients.
- Set Up Your Kitchen—Your Workplace for Wellness
- To enjoy Protective Diet recipes, you will need:
– Instant Pot—optional, but a “game-changer”
- Get Educated and Regroup in Class–We are suggesting a very different lifestyle. Feel normalized by regrouping with us.
- Live Video Class– every Tuesday on Protective Diet Education’s Private Facebook page
– Every Class includes: cooking techniques and kitchen systems to make you look and feel like a plant-based
superstar, nutritional information to reinforce why we are doing this, and some motivation/excitement to show
you how easy and rewarding this can be.
- Pre-Class Chat—begins 30 minutes before class; no video or audio; type questions in ALL CAPS
- Saturday Morning Live Coaching Hour—chat format; same private Facebook group
- Class Archives—customize your own education by watching classes on topics of interest to you. Search by keyword or 3-digit class number (001, 002…035…126, etc.) in the red search box or enjoy by category on the Archives page.
- Manage Your Expectations—results are inevitable
- Weight Loss—when eating a diet for optimal health your body will lean down
- Average weight loss is 10lbs a month—(i.e. if you have 50lbs to lose, mark your calendar for 5 months out. It will not come off evenly, but in clusters. Weigh yourself on that date and you will have lost an average of 10lbs per month)
- Weight fluctuates while your body is detoxing. Do not be discouraged by the number on the scale. RECOMMENDATION: only weigh in once a month or get rid of the scale altogether.
- Julie Marie demonstrates a quick weeknight meal of Mix & Mac using the Instant Pot.
- Breakfast Brownies Tips
- These begin tasting decadent by the 3rd week of taste bud reprogramming.
- Cut into small cubes and freeze in a container for a delicious summertime post-meal treat.
- Enjoy plain or sweeten with Chocolate Fondue, Creamy Chocolate Frosting, Sugar-Free Powdered Sugar, Sugar-Free Macerated Strawberries, or Sugar-Free Fruit Jam
- See more meal ideas and demonstrations in the Free Videos section on our Free content page.
Student Q & A
Q: What coffee replacement do you recommend?
Q: Is gluten an issue on a protective diet?
Q: What about protein?
- Start like you mean to finish. Write down your goals and see yourself as accomplishing them.
- A diet for optimal health never fails! Anyone who follows along with me, and applies this 100%, will achieve their goals.
- Give it a chance. It’s going to be PD magic!
“You are going to feel like a genius! The changes I guide you through in the kitchen are going to make such a massive impact on your overall health, the way you look, and your energy level. It will make you say, “Finally! I’m going through all this effort, having fun and being creative in my kitchen, AND it’s producing massive results, not just a beautiful plate of food!”
Recommended Classes for More Information
This class is your guide to getting started. This program is designed to help you make an immediate and complete shift from a standard diet to a sustainable Protective Diet without feelings of restriction or deprivation. Each Protective Diet recipe incorporates the foods that are going to get you to optimal health. All you have to do is stock your pantry with your favorites, get cooking, and eat!Tagged with: Angiogenesis Inhibitor • Baggy Clothes Syndrome • BCS • Calendar of Achievements • Dry Browning • Endothelium • Food Additive • Gut Microbiome • Herb Box • Internal Sunscreen • Optimal Health • PAPD • Playing Around PD • Set Up for Success • Step 1 • SUS • Workplace for Wellness
Class URL: https://protectivediet.com/lessons/001-class-260-day-one-on-a-protective-diet