Class #284 – House Hunting Travel Meals & a Personal Jump Start with Bill
This class inspires the imagination with a walk through the Christensen Cabin in the high-desert of southwestern Utah including tips on manifesting your dreams, spontaneous travel meals, engaging with neighbors, and helping a friend get started on a Protective Diet.
- Reach out in Protective Diet Living (PDL) to get support from the PD community.
- Attend the Saturday Morning Live Coaching Hour and Pre-Class Chats to get personalized guidance.
- UPDATE: Protective Diet Plant-Based Broth Mix is back in production after COVID delays and available for purchase.
|Fast Five||Food Additives||Travel Meals||Imagination||Dream Board|
Action Steps for Living Your Best Life
- Visualize Your Ultimate Life
- The journey to optimal health can lead to achieving your ultimate life.
- What does your desired life look like? What does it feel like to live your dreams?
- Imagine your best life. Believe it will be. Write down as many details as you can imagine on a dream sheet.
- Visualize it. Imagine being in it. Imagine living in it. The clearer your vision, the more ability you have to take action.
- Generate excitement and gratitude for all that will soon manifest. It will come, or the opportunity to create it will come.
- Expect to recognize opportunities each day to take action toward your goal–Moving boxes will arrive. Experts will appear.
- Be willing to commit. Take risks. Dive in! Be ready to take spontaneous action when an opportunity presents itself.
- Don’t give up easily–What have you got to lose? Roll with it. Everything works out exactly as we expect it to.
- Don’t be disappointed if it unfolds a little differently than you expected. It will likely be even better than you imagined.
- Recognize the miracles. Express gratitude. Connect with people all along the way. Never stop dreaming/imagining.
|Jerry & Julie’s Dream Sheet mini||Ready or Not Travel Meals|
|mild winter–ideal growing climate beautiful scenery, hiking, trails, exploring quiet–no thru traffic or noise pollution see the stars–dark nights–no light pollution chemical-free, pure water garden space, mature fruit three grocery stores with PD “art supplies” peaceful, cozy, opened floor plan fireplace/wood burning stove kitchen to showcase the next greatest recipe window over the kitchen sink big pantry for bulk food storage & platters sewing and project room“Hollywood” closet with manicure table a place to put my Christmas tree room for fun/indoor camping guest room/RV hookups and, mature trees, deck, outdoor pizza oven animal friendly, great neighbors||Book a hotel room with a kitchenettePack: Instant Pot, Berkey Water Filter, small pot w/lid Last Minute Menu|
|Day 1||Day 2||BONUS DAY|
|Kids Spaghetti topped w/ Black Bean & Corn Summer Salad Yogi Bowl Hot Tea||Shredded Lettuce topped w/ Brown Rice and Black Bean & Corn Summer Salad Grapes Hot Tea||Market Rice Bowls: Bulk bin Brown Rice Frozen Corn Shredded Lettuce Pico de Gallo Pineapple Salsa Grapes Hot Tea|
|Bring a double batch of Bean & Corn Summer Salad, rice, pasta, broth mix, yogurt, oats, tea bags, fruit (Julie brought papaya and bananas) Go to the grocery store for celebration/convenience foods: grapes, lettuce, carrots, frozen corn, salsa, pico|
- Give Someone Else a Jumpstart
- Receive non-PD baked goods from neighbors graciously. Establish a relationship, and then share your plant-based journey.
- Start with a shareable PD snack—Julie shared Sugar-Free Kettle Corn with Bill for a quick snack between appointments.
- When you are living your best life with excitement and gratitude, others will want to know your “secret”.
- Recognize signs of guaranteed success:
– they ask you questions and want to see how you do what you do.
– they want it as much as you want it for them–they want to invest as much effort as you want to invest in helping them.
– they have an outstanding willing attitude—all in and willing to cook. “All in” means fast results=excitement to continue.
– they have high expectations of success, stay focused, and embrace their new life undaunted by surrounding temptations.
- Introduce them to your simple, early PD favorites—your first “Fast Five” recipes. Free recipes are often the simplest to make.
|PD Jumpstart Menu Idea and Coaching Tips|
|Roastless Pot Roast||carrots, onions, potatoes—ask: “What kind of potatoes do you like?”skip the parsley. Then they don’t have to learn the Storing Herbs Technique on the first day.|
|Black Bean & Corn Summer Salad||invite them to make a big batch and use it to top brown rice, pasta or potatoes.make it even simpler by using store bought pico de gallo.|
|Busy Day Chili or Veggie Chili||give a mini label-reading lesson about common food additives– citric acid and natural flavormake Veggie Chili if you don’t find additive-free tomato paste. Remember the spices.|
|Kids Spaghetti||help them find additive-free pasta and learn how to pressure cook pasta.|
|Southwestern Pasta Toss||make this if you don’t have PD Plant Based Broth Mix|
|Breakfast Bowl||oats, frozen berries, bananas—make it a Yogi Bowl when they learn to make yogurt.|
|Commuter Snacks||bananas, grapes, veggie sticks, Ezekiel Bread in a cooler bag—major food cost savings!!|
|CarrotsOnionsPotatoesMixed GreensVeggie SticksBananas, GrapesOranges, Apples||Frozen CornFrozen BlueberriesFrozen Mixed BerriesEzekiel BreadEzekiel English Muffins||Additive-free PastaAdditive-free canned BeansAdditive-free Tomato PastePoultry Seasoning, CuminChipotle Chili PowderSmoked PaprikaWestSoy Soymilk||Brown RiceNutritional YeastRolled Oats||Pico de Gallo|
|From a PD Friend|
|Jar of YogurtPD Broth Mix|
|Week 1 FUN: Take a “before” photo. Introduce yourself in PDL. Find a few recipes you love and make them again and again. Make Jerry’s Organic Plant Based Yogurt in an Instant Pot.|
|Week 2 FUN: Find Chia Seed. Blend a salad dressing, like Zesty Italian Dressing. Find tofu. Blend a mayo, like House Mayo. Make a sandwich, like Ezekiel Bread, mayo, tomatoes & sprouts.|
|Week 3 FUN: Start an Herb Box. Find more PD Pantry Staples—tapioca starch, tamari, erythritol, cocoa nibs, applesauce. Try something new, like Cookie Dough Bites, Chocolate Cream Pudding, or Melt & Bake Cheeze. Add it to the rotation.|
|Week 4 FUN: Celebrate the completion of your 30-day Detox and Tastebud Reprogramming together.|
- Adapt recipes–if salad dressing is too sweet to you, add more vinegar or dilute with a little water. Use less sweetener next time.
- This feels so right. What have you got to lose? If someone says, “You can’t do that”, tell them, “I can’t NOT do it”.
“This is what I imagined on my dream sheet. Telling you about it makes me want to cry because it all came out in the end, just like I imagined.”
This class inspires imagination with a walk through the Christensen Cabin in the high-desert of southwestern Utah including tips on manifesting your dreams, spontaneous travel meals, engaging with neighbors, and helping a friend get started on a Protective Diet.Tagged with: Dream Board • Fast Five • Food Additives • Imagination • Travel Meals
Class URL: https://protectivediet.com/lessons/class-284-house-hunting-travel-meals-a-personal-jump-start-with-bill